Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

I'm sure they won't be in man most of the time, but if they do go man, then the front four better get pressure on the QB. I wish teams played man when I was playing!! We had one of the best secondarys in the state and we never played man. You just didn't see man back in the days! We had wayyyy too much speed for most teams though! :D

If the corners are in man then Alcoa will probably be bringing 6 or 7 guys on a blitz to apply alot of pressure and force a quick throw. The corners wont have to gaurd a reciever for long unless they all get picked up. I would take my chances on bringing the house down on Marriville's QB than setting back and letting him toss it up to his recievers.Works more often than not. :thumb:

I'll take the Rankin in this one.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ANY team in Tennessee other then the Titans or the Vols (maybe) that think they will take 7 of 10 from Maryville are out of their flipping minds and no NOTHING about football. Ive heard the blah blah blah of Riverdale being to like 10 state title games blah blah blah but last i checked they had 4 rings (all of which are on the hand of the NOW Alcoa Head Coach)...which means they have 6 losses!!

Is there another team in the state with a better winning PCT other then Maryville and Alcoa for that fact, that have played in more then 5 state title games??

Riverdale is a JOKE...USA Today will give them top 25 in the Nation all the time but they cant even beat all the teams they play in the state...Only 1 team in the state deserves to be ranked in the nation and that is Maryville

And i HOPE to god one day Maryville and Riverdale do battle (and i hope Riverdale is still as good of a team as they wish they were) cause if its in Maryville on a week where Alcoa, Heritage, and WB dont play...I wanna personally see Riverdale CHOKE in front of Ten Thousand or more fans because it seems that when Riverdale gets in front of big crowds *cough*STATECHAMPGAMES*cough....they Lose!!!

Wow.

Wow.

Honestly, I don't know who'd win between Riverdale and Maryville. The Rebs have beaten several athletic teams over the past few yrs. I'm guessing Riverdale would be like a Memphis Melrose, and we all saw what happened to that team a few yrs back. They were fast, physical, and seemed to have more tallent than Maryville, but who came home with the gold ball??? I wouldnt bet against the Rebs, not with GQ calling the shots!! :thumb:

If the corners are in man then Alcoa will probably be bringing 6 or 7 guys on a blitz to apply alot of pressure and force a quick throw. The corners wont have to gaurd a reciever for long unless they all get picked up. I would take my chances on bringing the house down on Marriville's QB than setting back and letting him toss it up to his recievers.Works more often than not. :thumb:

I'll take the Rankin in this one.

Blitzing every play is a good strategy a times, although somewhat of a desperate move. Teams have tried that before and more often than not ended up giving up big plays.

Edited by mhs

Fundamentals will be very key in this game. Blocking, for Alcoa in the running game and blocking for Maryville in the passing game are huge. Sure tackling and eliminating the big play are huge for both teams.

Alcoa looked better in the O-Line than I have seen them in some time. Pounding the rock is something Coach Rankin loves to do and Shivy is a feature back. Maryville is smaller upfront on D, but may have a very good to great back seven.

Maryville is loaded at WR. Tank being close to 100% will be huge for the Maryville offense. Alcoa looks good again on D lead by Sykes and Hicks. Maryville has gone to strictly one way players on the line this season since there are no Gary Tucker clones running around.

Looks like the temps will be in the 90's Friday so conditioning and proper hydration will be huge as well.

I dont see Rae as a factor, the last 2 years Maryville has ran away from Brandon Warren on every play, and who did they run right at??? That would be Rae. Rae is a great athlete with a lot of potential, but he stands up way to much on defense and Maryville has used this to their advantage in the past years with their great technique on the offensive line.

I think the Power I formation will give Maryville some trouble. The offensive line looked really good in scrimmages and the jamboree, and not to mention the beef and hard hitting that Hicks and Stultz bring from fullback. Shivy also looked great, seems to have got a lot better. Alcoa will be successful with this, but not all game long.

I look at this game just like Maryville's state championship games have been in the past. Everybody thought Maryville would get beat, but the coaching staff came through for them by making good adjustments, by varying up formations and play calling, and by using some trick plays. These are the things that Alcoa must do, and it will be hard against GQ, but he is mortal, and I have confidence in Rankin and his staff.

Maryville fans.......what would be a good time to arrive at the stadium for a good seat, I was thinking about 530.

They did not run at BW last year because he was standing on the sidelines in street clothes. They did run away from Rae most of the time but not all of the time. With their split back formation , which always features 2 outstanding backs , Maryville is hard to defense. Rankin has given the defensive coaches a freedom to operate that they never enjoyed when John Reid was HC. That in its self makes this a better team and hopefully a more competitve game. :thumb:

Edited by Coalman

Fundamentals will be very key in this game. Blocking, for Alcoa in the running game and blocking for Maryville in the passing game are huge. Sure tackling and eliminating the big play are huge for both teams.

Alcoa looked better in the O-Line than I have seen them in some time. Pounding the rock is something Coach Rankin loves to do and Shivy is a feature back. Maryville is smaller upfront on D, but may have a very good to great back seven.

Maryville is loaded at WR. Tank being close to 100% will be huge for the Maryville offense. Alcoa looks good again on D lead by Sykes and Hicks. Maryville has gone to strictly one way players on the line this season since there are no Gary Tucker clones running around.

Looks like the temps will be in the 90's Friday so conditioning and proper hydration will be huge as well.

Yes conditioning will be big .. Im sure both teams will be sky high as usual .. biggest game in the state for sure this week ..... Alcoa better be careful about bringing 7 or 8 and matching up man ... Maryville very adept at middle screens and such .... big rewards for putting pressure on Maryville thru blitzing but also heavy price to pay if the correct plays anre called against it .... Alcoa better pich and choose the right times for this ..... Maryville will not loose at home !!! Mark it down !!!!!!!

Hearing some bad news out of Maryville. May be some suspensions for a few of the Maryville starters. Just rumors now but should know more later. GQ doesn't put up with any crap and will suspend a key player regardless of the magnitude of the game.

They were prolly makin money and spent it at the concession stand where the pricipal eventually stole it. :lol: