Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

Do you realize that you are arguing with an African American?..... :lol:

Just for your information there are two sides to your story.

I have known and worked with the players gandfather on a project that effected many of the Blount County youth in a very positive manner. I think the world of that man as many do. I am also very fond of the young man that is your nephew and only wish the best for him. I was very happy to see him take advantage of his opportunity last week. I just find it unfortunate that you felt the need to make your statements in a public forum.

BTW....could care less what your skin color is. Congrats on your achievements... Now I will go back to my red neck blue collar life..... :lol:

I said nothing about him being a redneck (by the way I think redneck is a state of mind as well as a lifestyle) and I still think that he has a skewed point of view. BTW have you noticed any other posts that ask questions like- Why is it that when a Maryville player... or why do these rabid Maryville fans always...or why is that Maryville fans can express themselves in a public forum yet others cannot? It's because some of us know that kids will be kids no matter what city in the county they live in. My position is the same stop bashing the kids and if you are so community minded and social justice is your thing let's see the fruit of your labor. Oh yea I grew up here and some African Americans in this neck of the woods dip tobacco and watch Blue collar TV. Thanks for your support-my statement was for the hater(when it's all said and done I will have two masters and two doctorates)...now Alcoa/Maryville git er done! When the smoke clears come on up and I'll take you to see Dematha or Roosevelt play.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said nothing about him being a redneck (by the way I think redneck is a state of mind as well as a lifestyle) and I still think that he has a skewed point of view. BTW have you noticed any other posts that ask questions like- Why is it that when a Maryville player... or why do these rabid Maryville fans always...or why is that Maryville fans can express themselves in a public forum yet others cannot? It's because some of us know that kids will be kids no matter what city in the county they live in. My position is the same stop bashing the kids and if you are so community minded and social justice is your thing let's see the fruit of your labor. Oh yea I grew up here and some African Americans in this neck of the woods dip tobacco and watch Blue collar TV. Thanks for your support-my statement was for the hater(when it's all said and done I will have two masters and two doctorates)...now Alcoa/Maryville git er done! When the smoke clears come on up and I'll take you to see Dematha or Roosevelt play.

Gee professor , you make one classy post , then you follow it up by attacking Maryville's head coach . You call FBEmeritus a hater ... well just what in the world are you ? You just referred to rednecks , threw darts at the Maryville coaching staff , attacked a Maryville fan for simply stating his opinion , and also characterized all Tennesseeans in a negative light , while at the same time thumping your own chest . Practice what you preach , you have done nothing but undermine the feelings of brotherhood between these 2 communities .

Gee professor , you make one classy post , then you follow it up by attacking Maryville's head coach . You call FBEmeritus a hater ... well just what in the world are you ? You just referred to rednecks , threw darts at the Maryville coaching staff , attacked a Maryville fan for simply stating his opinion , and also characterized all Tennesseeans in a negative light , while at the same time thumping your own chest . Practice what you preach , you have done nothing but undermine the feelings of brotherhood between these 2 communities .

Yep it is that time of the year. The GREAT Philosopher is back. Now we can all find out how inferior we are.

Moving on.....Not having a running back like Tank would hurt any team. The other young men were rotating at OLB. I am not sure who will replace these kids for the game but I suspect it will be by committiee. Maryville does that well.

Here is how I see the game (part 1)

At QB Maryville has two tested and proven players at this position. I think GQ will speed up the tempo if he should go to the no huddle. Alcoa's Cobb is fast on his feet and is more athletic than Fiegler, but not tested and is not the passer Joey was. I think Alcoa will have a very hard time passing the ball enough to open up the run game. The pressure in this game could cause a few miss-handled balls by both teams.

At RB the power I that Alcoa is going use will cause Maryville some problems early but the speed of the secondary should help contain any big runs. Shivy is fast and a good RB but I don't think he has first tackle break away power and Maryville always swarms to the ball and stays in position very well. Shivy will get 100 yards but if Alcoa is forced to keep it on the ground and become one dimensional they will surly lose again. Have never seen Maryville lose to a team that can not pass or run with the same success.

Part two later

suspensions, no suspensions, the result is always the same. Maryville shows up to play no matter what, and thats why the leave on the winning side, every time. every year that false confidence comes to the alcoa faithful that they might actually pull one out this year, then you all get an extra boost because a runningback that probably wasnt going to play anyway because of injury now cant play for sure, and some linebackers aren there anymore, big whoop guys, its still going to be the same smash mouth offense that beats you all down and tires you out by the fourth quarter coming at you, and what are you going to do to stop it? nothing would be my guess, because GQ is too smart for you, always has been, always will be. Maryville by 2 TD

suspensions, no suspensions, the result is always the same. Maryville shows up to play no matter what, and thats why the leave on the winning side, every time. every year that false confidence comes to the alcoa faithful that they might actually pull one out this year, then you all get an extra boost because a runningback that probably wasnt going to play anyway because of injury now cant play for sure, and some linebackers aren there anymore, big whoop guys, its still going to be the same smash mouth offense that beats you all down and tires you out by the fourth quarter coming at you, and what are you going to do to stop it? nothing would be my guess, because GQ is too smart for you, always has been, always will be. Maryville by 2 TD

Don't even kid yourself, you know good and well Tank would have played in this game if he hadn't been suspended, and just so you know we don't have any false confidence it's all true and the best confidence that the Alcoa Faithful could ever have in an Alcoa Football Team that will prevail on Friday night!!!

yes he may have played but he would not have been 100% and you know that. so why waste him on an easy game like this one when we know we are going to be needing him for more important games later on. you must be a new alcoa fan, just to let you know maryville wins this game, thats just how it goes, so that confidence you have, that IS what we call false confidence, you should be used to it by now

yes he may have played but he would not have been 100% and you know that. so why waste him on an easy game like this one when we know we are going to be needing him for more important games later on. you must be a new alcoa fan, just to let you know maryville wins this game, thats just how it goes, so that confidence you have, that IS what we call false confidence, you should be used to it by now

He may have not been at 100% but he would have played the whole game, stop trying to make excuses, GQ would have played him the whole game. No I am not a new Alcoa fan, but that's neither here nor there. The only easy thing about this game is that Alcoa will be winning EASY! Now stick that in your rebel peacepipe and smoke it!