3A TOP 10 (We want to know!)

While I'd love to see it, I just don't think Greenbrier will be deep enough to be top 10. I know Coach Williams will have them playing their best and they'll give it all they've got but they have a difficult schedule as usual. One game at a time is all they need to think about.

Yep. Just like last year. :unsure:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd love to see it, I just don't think Greenbrier will be deep enough to be top 10. I know Coach Williams will have them playing their best and they'll give it all they've got but they have a difficult schedule as usual. One game at a time is all they need to think about.

The Cats have been full of heartstopping surprises the last few years. Hopefully, they will keep it going :unsure:

Edited by EZBeingGreen

All you need is 11 and Coach Williams usually does an outstanding job of finding 11 good ones and putting them is positions to make plays. Greenbrier will be tough and everyone will see that after weeks zero and one when they play two of the midstate's elite teams (PJPII & David Lipscomb).

The good news for Greenbrier is that White House is a team that has to replace a Mr. Football Back in Ricky Ladd and they still have question marks in the passing game heading into the '06 season. More good news????? Pearl-Cohn is a team that is adjusting to a new first year coach.

All you need is 11 and Coach Williams usually does an outstanding job of finding 11 good ones and putting them is positions to make plays. Greenbrier will be tough and everyone will see that after weeks zero and one when they play two of the midstate's elite teams (PJPII & David Lipscomb).

The good news for Greenbrier is that White House is a team that has to replace a Mr. Football Back in Ricky Ladd and they still have question marks in the passing game heading into the '06 season. More good news????? Pearl-Cohn is a team that is adjusting to a new first year coach.

Only 11? I' d lay odds that there are a few coaches out there that might want to argue about that..... :o One game at a time....................

WH will be tough as always but I think you hit on a big point for Pearl-Cohn. It does seem like it takes a team a couple of years to get the feel of a new coach. PC may be one school that can "athlete" around that.

Only 11? I' d lay odds that there are a few coaches out there that might want to argue about that..... :D One game at a time....................

WH will be tough as always but I think you hit on a big point for Pearl-Cohn. It does seem like it takes a team a couple of years to get the feel of a new coach. PC may be one school that can "athlete" around that.

Well we will get to see how good both White House & Pearl-Cohn are the next two upcoming Friday nights as this Friday (8/4) White House gets to line up against Lipscomb and next Friday (8/11) Pearl-Cohn gets to play PJPII (who plays Greenbrier the following Friday in week zero).

I don’t think there is any resentment towards the White House football program from the majority of the Greenbrier fans. In fact, I feel most Greenbrier fans have a lot of respect for what Coach Porter has done with White House football. I can remember when White House was at the bottom of the district year in and year out. Coach Porter has built a program their community can be proud of each year and the expectations are always high. The same goes for Coach Williams at Greenbrier in his short tenure.

I do think there is some resentment towards a handful of White House fans and their arrogance on these boards. Something Coach Porter would not approve of or appreciate….especially when their X-players.

Both Greenbrier and White House have solid football programs, excellent coaching and strong community support. I ‘m looking forward to week 10….which happens to be 13 weeks away….and seeing two good high school football rivals battle it out on the field. Until then….everything else is just a bunch of blow.

Good luck to both teams throughout their respective schedules…..maybe in week 10 we can see these two teams playing for another region title.

Hey COACHHARD...... It's safe to say that both communities love their programs..... :lol:

But I'm one of the lucky few who has had both White House AND Greenbrier fans upset with me....at the same time..... :D

Here's to the end of the year...... I'm workin' on my song already, though.....

Do you think you'll use one of the Dixie Chicks songs to work it off of?..... :thumb: (please don't)

a chick song......for the Greenbrier game..... let me reflect on that for a whlie..... I could come up with a pretty good version of "not ready to make nice'...... Much better than the chicks.... :huh:

I could probably make fun of the chicks and Greenbrier all at once..... :D ....chicks and cats....chicks and cats......