Top Sophomores in Tennessee

ShaneC

Josh Blake to me has to be mentioned in this thread the boy has about 960yds passing and 815yds rushing and has scored 18 rushing td's and 11td passes.That is taking into consideration that he averages only 13 throws a game.I have seen several highlights of him this year and I have watched him on the stump on sports against lookout valley.He was the coke/cola red zone player of the week.Several of my friends that have kids on the opposing teams said there coaches in region 3 were keying on him in there scheme.I think people need to keep an eye on him because not only can he run he throws a beautiful touch pass from anywhere to anywhere and from what I have seen he is forced to roll out most of the time but will stand in the pocket and make the tough throws.good luck :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colton Taylor (5'10 165) from Lexington has the talent to be a serious D-1 prospect. He's a 4.46 guy in the 40, and he had 122 yards and 2 TD recieving in his first varsity game Friday night. The reason those numbers jump out at me is because he did it in only 2 quarters.

I agree!!..but lets not forget about Bradley Gordon....he has done some great things for lexington this season...i'm expecting great performances from these two boys n the next few yrs......they are really helping out the team this yr....they have stepped up and tried to fill the shoes of the ones that have graduated which is a hard job to do!!

• 2 weeks later...

Joey Skogen from temple has got to be mentioned... he averages over 10 yards a carry he has over 1,000 yards rushing in the regular season with 11 or 12 tds.

He also has 4 tds and around 300 yrds in two post season games. He racked up 192 the first game and 106 against Trousdale in the 2nd game. Kid has speed and great vision- he also plays receiver and has great hands...

Now hold on a minute i think everyone is GREATLY overlooking Goodpasture's sophomore Benjamin Cunningham a 5'11 175lbs. RB(ATH) who is a MASTER in the weightroom and the field.

OFFENSE:

He has 432 rushing yards, 25 carries, which is a avg. of 17.3 yards a carry and 6 rushing touchdown on the season. Now i kno u think that those are not impressive numbers but on a team where over 8 backs have over 500 rushing yards as a sophomore that pretty great to me. Also on da receiving end has 95 receiving yards, 3 catches,which is 31.7 yards a catch, and 1 receiving touchdown. He also make a BIG difference in Goodpasture's success because if he has a good game then Goodpasture has a GREAT game.

DEFENSE:

He doesnt play much defense but wen he does has numbers show how good he is he has 29 tackles, 11 assist, 5 picks (1 for a touchdown), and 2 fumble recoveries.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

2 punts for touchdowns, 1 kick-off for a touchdown, and blocked kick for a touchdown