Ravenwood vs. Brentwood Academy

RaptorFan10

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't ignore Ravenwood and Baylor as tests either. They are the defending 5A Champions, currently ranked (AP) #3 5A team, and certainly have this game circled on their schedule. Baylor still has one of the best power running backs in the state, as our friends from MBA can attest to.

Agreed on Baylor; Baylor is far from a gimme these days.

I'll still reserve judgment on Ravenwood. Teams that lose phenomenal QBs usually struggle early the following year, and Ravenwood plays this game early without Jennings.

A great Williamson County match-up. Centennial will be in this type of game soon!

As for this game....Carlton Flatt is hands down the best recruiter in Tennessee. The Eagles should win again this year.

I thought Phillip Fulmer was the best recruiter in Tennessee? Did I miss something?

yea they are suppose to have the best team they have had at ba for awhile they should destroy ravenwood

May The Force Be with You!!! Raptors. Nobody is giving you a snowballs chance in a really Hot place to win this game!! But last year your "heart" and "hard work" is what brought home that 5-A State Championship."Leave it all on the field!!"

I Can't wait.

Wow, some of those theories are out there.

I feel certain that Coach Flatt will not try to run up the score on Ravenwood. He has a great relationship with the Ravenwood coach. Speaking of which, I think the Raptors are being sold short. They are well coached and should put up a formidable fight. I actually think that the "run up the score" issue will prove to be immaterial.

Well said...Also, none of the current players went to BA. Jennings and Marshall off last years team attended BA as Freshman. Ravenwood is probably used to being sold short and will have to prove they belong in the upper tier of teams in the state (again). Ravenwood faces BA, Franklin, Brentwood and Smyrna in its first five weeks so they will have an immediate chance to show what kind of team they are.

BA has Tyree Ford(runs a 10.2 100 yd) and Ryan White(who had 865 yds last year). Also they got Trent Caffee from Texas at QB. While Ravenwood really only has Becker, and he isn't a proven QB yet. And this being Flatt's last year, they might have got a few other players in since last year.

Who said this was Flatt's last year?

My question too. I never got an answer though... Anyone out there have proof this is Flatt's last year?

No. Just one of many inflamatory/spurious comments on this thread. It's been "Flatt's Last Year" every year for the past 7 or 8!! :thumb:

Should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Edited by itzme

No. Just one of many inflamatory/spurious comments on this thread. It's been "Flatt's Last Year" every year for the past 7 or 8!! :thumb:

Should be a good game. Looking forward to it.

Just wondering because I am always hearing rumors about his last hoorah. Good luck to BA and Ravenwood.