HOW THE WEST WAS WON TROPHEY?

rigger101

Since Farragut has owned Bearden since this Trophy was established 4 years ago. And it is going into it's 5th year.

Will Beardens New Coach make the differance this year and will the Bulldogs have a chance to hold this Trophy above their heads for a change?

Should be a closer game this year?

Thoughts?

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have only seen Farragut this fall and not Bearden, I would be surprised (greatly) if Bearden upset them. You never know though, Bearden was impressive in their opener, though against a scrub team, and anything can happen in high school football.

Beardens last win was in 2001. It has been close every year. Last years win by Farragut was by 10 points.

With a New Legendary Coach and Beardens lust for a win against their biggest rival, I give Bearden the edge this year.

i think the way this game is played by both teams depends on how they play in the weeks before. Bearden has a tough game @ DB and Farragut plays Heritage. so i think depending on how Bearden does against DB and how Farragut does vs. Heritage could be the difference. alos this game could determine the outcome of games following this one. which ever team loses usually tends to not do very well the rest of the season. its early but my pick right now owuld be Farragut by 7. Bearden could want it more because its been awhile since they won but Farragut could have more confidence because they have won. i also think Farragut will win the can drive by atleast 15lbs. per student. last year Farragut had 30.4lbs per student and Bearden had 18.3lbs per student. and in '04 Farragut had 30lbs per student to Beardens 21.2lbs per student. out of the 9 years they have been doing the can drive Farragut has lost once. So i think Farragut could improve its margin by about 3 or 4 lbs per student. so yeah those are my thoughts. also does Farragut almost always have the most lbs per student in the can drive in knox county? 30lbs is alot.

Bearden's new coach is only legend because he stayed around forever. Don't know his overall record but I don't remember West being a factor in the playoff picture during the time he was the head coach. Of course, this game is a very emotional game and anyone can win. Farragut, based on tallent, should win. That is why they play the game.

Rigger..."You have the best Admiral Images. Where in the world do U get them?"

i shouldve done the quote thing but my comp was slow when i tried...

but yeah i make them with photoshop. i can make u one. tell me what ya want and i'll see what i can do.

You do a great job! I plan to steal some this season!

Can U make one with the Star and Anchor?

I had a good one last year for the Ads defense!

Farragut didn't impress me at the jamboree at all, and they were really depleted by graduation. Bearden looked great against CC and in all honesty, could have scored 70 points. They throttled off real hard.

Sterling can't win this game by himself. The 1-2 punch him and Nick Moore had last year kept fresh legs in the game all the time, so its going to be different with Sterling taking alot more of the carries.

While Farragut does have the overall size advantage, Bearden's new offense is going to neutralize that. I don't think Farragut has the speed to keep up with the wide-open scheme and I can see the secondary getting ripped a few good times.

Bottom line: Bearden wins this one by 7 to 10 points

That's my two cents for now.