HOW THE WEST WAS WON TROPHEY?

rigger101

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHS, what position did you play for the Dogs? I know nobody asked Oak Ridge, but here's my 2 cents worth. If Farragut can pass with any success, I think they'll win this one. I agree with BHS, Farr. will have to do more than hand it to Sterling. Don't know what "Return to Glory" means, because I don't know that Bearden has ever won anything in football. But I do know Bill Wilson. His teams will have these things for sure: conditioning, toughness, and confidence. They will also be much stronger after next spring and summer with Wilson. Don't know who will win, but Go Dawgs

Maybe return to glory was the worng term to use, but they have always had strong teams that unfortunately had to compete with The Oak Ridges and D-Bs. Let's be honest very few teams can stand up to OR, DB, Ootalwah, and the other powerhouses that dominate 5A football. But I still feel Bearden may shock some people this year.

voltimes, I agree with that. Bearden has always had kids that play hard, just not enough of them out at the same time. I know they're good at baseball and track and some other things. In your opinion, what's the problem in football, do they not have something like 2,000 students? They will be better with Wilson.

BHS, what position did you play for the Dogs? I know nobody asked Oak Ridge, but here's my 2 cents worth. If Farragut can pass with any success, I think they'll win this one. I agree with BHS, Farr. will have to do more than hand it to Sterling. Don't know what "Return to Glory" means, because I don't know that Bearden has ever won anything in football. But I do know Bill Wilson. His teams will have these things for sure: conditioning, toughness, and confidence. They will also be much stronger after next spring and summer with Wilson. Don't know who will win, but Go Dawgs

I played TB/FB and OLB last year and started at QB my junior and soph years.

hmm...? i dunno who u r but, i actually agree with most of u all. i dont htink Farragut will be able to do much of anything if we only hand off to Sterling, but then again who knows. i hope we can do more than that, but for some reason thats all Farragut has relly been able to do over the last years. hand the ball off. but from some of the games last year when Farragut did have to pass they didnt do too bad. probly because most teams had 8 or 9 in the box but still if we have to run every play to be able to pass once every 30 plays im fine with it as long as the passing works. but yeah im kinda bored with the hand the ball of stuff. so i guess we will get an idea of how it works this friday @ knox central. i hope Sterling does good but i also hope we have more than like 7 TD passes like last year. theres no reason we shouldve had both qbs with less that 700yds. but i guess we did have 2 RBs with woth over 900, 1 with 1,000. ive never heard official numbers but some say both had 1,000+ and some say 1 had 1,000+ and the other about 950. but still. if we can only run the ball and for some reason that game it aint working then we are screwed. IMO. but like i said. we will just have to wait and see in 3 weeks. im already pumped for it.

One big win and you're already looking to Farragut? Farragut should be better than last year imo. And the mental block that sets in on a team where nobody playing has ever beaten the other team is hard to overcome. (just ask farragut about oak ridge) Anything could happen though, that's why they play the games.

Anchor Admirals Star? say what.. i think i'll just keep this one for a week or so. til i think of something else to do.

that is kinda funny that the Bearden people are already looking forward to the Farragut game.. but im really looking forward to friday @ knox central. and the week we play Bearden and collect cans so we can win the can drive again.