Alcoa at CAK

mmm71690

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to consider about Alcoa 2007 will be the schedule. All the Home-and-Homes against mccallie and fulton will end and the BT Washington game is probably a single game for us...this will lead to an interesting decision on Alcoa's part...Could there be games next year against Catholic or.......RIVERDALE??

Probably not...I just do not want to see some also ran 3 or 4A ream on the sched...PLAY UP ALCOA! Just like We always have...I just hope Catholic doesn't keep ducking us. that would be a great series!

Alcoa 14-17 Maryville. Lets do the math Maryville>Cak. Maryville's Defense> Cak's defense. Alcoa 42-14 Cak

Technically, from a strictly mathematical standpoint (since you are talking math): Your inequality establishes no definite relationship between CAK and Alcoa Theoretically CAK could beat Alcoa 16-15 and your inequalities would still be true. CAK would win by a smaller margin, hence Maryville>CAK. CAK's defense would allow more points to Alcoa than Maryville did, hence Maryville's defense>CAK's defense. Therefore no mathematical proof is displayed in your inequalities (although your prediction is more reasonable than most and more respectful than that guy who speaks in the third person and tells Alcoa's team to beat a bunch of Christians mercilessly).

Does anyone know what the enrollment is at Alcoa? Are they close to 3A or will they be 2A for a while? If Alcoa ever goes 3A, they would probably be in 2-3A.

Alcoa

Fulton

Catholic

AE

AC

Kingston

LA

Scott County

Did I leave anybody out?

If not, what a region!

It has been my argument to the school board chairman, especially with open enrollment, to move up to 3A sort of like Elizabethton does in 4A and Trousdale Co. used to do in 3A before dropping back to 1A. Alcoa could easily do it. The overall enrollment is not an indicator as to how "deep" the program is. 90 players from the Freshman Class on up!

Does anyone know what the enrollment is at Alcoa? Are they close to 3A or will they be 2A for a while? If Alcoa ever goes 3A, they would probably be in 2-3A.

Alcoa

Fulton

Catholic

AE

AC

Kingston

LA

Scott County

Did I leave anybody out?

If not, what a region!

Alcoa is closer to a 1A school than 2A with around 450 students (+ or - a few). The school board chairman told me that the building will only hold 500 students. The goal is to keep Alcoa a small school and not let it grow into something bigger (which is why I along with a whole bunch of people chose to send my kids to Alcoa).

I heard a rumor that William Blount wants to put Alcoa back on the schedule, possibly for next year, now that Reid is gone. May be now that they look like they're better, they think they have a chance at beating us so they won't be humiliated.