Kerry Collins

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw the Collins signing I just laughed...... Here is a guy who doesn't like to get hit and guess what, if you are the Titans QB you are gonna get hit....a lot....

Vince Young is a marvelous athlete but his throwing style is for the birds and he is no where near ready for primetime.... he should have stayed at Texas his last year.

And Leinart or Cutler are looking as if they will both be ready for primetime..... certainly light years ahead of Vince Young.

The Titans have so many holes to fill....Their once savvy drafting of players is no where to be found....and the players they have already mailed it in, it appears....

Luckily for me, I'm a hockey fan.... and the Preds have quietly put together an offensive juggernaut in Smashville.....

Leinart and Cutler will be the two best qb's in the 06 draft. Cutler is in the perfect system for him.

Preds could be real good.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny how Collins played one preseason game and is named the starter of the first game and I saw where they named him the starter for sunday in San Diego...

With that defense of the Chargers, I would start Volek. The Chargers are trading for him so they might as well see if the Chargers want to rough him up. :thumb:

Guest dare_2_dream

Funny how Collins played one preseason game and is named the starter of the first game and I saw where they named him the starter for sunday in San Diego...

Collins is better than Volek, i think. I mean hes still not great but he is the best option we have as of right now.

What I STILL don't get is why the Titans didn't sit Vince the first game or two?

If Collins is your starter, and if he gets hurt or crashes, who on your roster gives you the best chance at winning the game?- any reasonable person would have to point to Volek. Vince may be fun, but he is a LONG way from playing 60 minutes.

It is even more apparent when you see that Shawne Merriman will be playing pattycake with two of the weaker tackles in the NFL this week. No need to get your star rookie plastered all over San Diego!

I think the whole Collins/Volek situation points up to the growing rift between Fisher and Reese. Underwood has stepped into mediate/evaluate.

From what I understand, the staff wanted Collins months ago, but Reese wouldn't pull the trigger.

I think the whole situation is pointing more and more to Floyd's catastrophes during the recent drafts. Exhibit A is Andre Woolfolk-he can't get on the field now even as a nickel back, haven been beaten out by Cortland Finnegan- nor can he beat out a FA in Reynoldo Hill. Exhibit B is Tyrone Calico, Exhibit C is no Kevin Carter (which cost us a first round pick), Exhibit D is all of the early round picks who are NOT in the league.

I think the whole situation is pointing more and more to Floyd's catastrophes during the recent drafts. Exhibit A is Andre Woolfolk-he can't get on the field now even as a nickel back, haven been beaten out by Cortland Finnegan- nor can he beat out a FA in Reynoldo Hill. Exhibit B is Tyrone Calico, Exhibit C is no Kevin Carter (which cost us a first round pick), Exhibit D is all of the early round picks who are NOT in the league.

Good points.

They did, and nothing changed. SD is too good for this outfit. Collins missed some throws but the Oline looked like they were waving red capes at them... :lol:

Collins does look bad. when he had good yrs, was when he had a good offensive line. Still don't understand why they waited so late to sign Collins. I really don't think Volek would be any worse.