ALCOA

pharmacist

The difference is that Alcoa is better than last year. Their line is more physical and faster. They are quicker in the backfield. The defense is alot better than a year ago. I do not doubt that Goodpasture is better. But, so is Alcoa. As for the Lipscomb matches, Alcoa did improve between 03 and 04 but I'm not sure about Lipscomb.

I think every team needs to take it week by week....rather its Alcoa or Goodpasture,or any other team out there because this is highschool football anything can happen

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Alcoa is overated! Please quit talking like they are GODS! All I hear from EAST Tennessee people is Alcoa is the best and Middle Tennessee people say that Goodpasture is. I watched both teams play and they arent that good. Alcoa has some good players but can be beat. They have already been beat by Maryville and Fulton. Their pass defense is terrible. They were getting beat because they blitz TOOOO much. If they play someone with a blanenced offense they will get beat. Milan and Huntingdon can both match up good with Alcoa. They all 3 play alike. I give the edge to the team with the best chemistry at the end of the season.

Alcoa is overated! Please quit talking like they are GODS! All I hear from EAST Tennessee people is Alcoa is the best and Middle Tennessee people say that Goodpasture is. I watched both teams play and they arent that good. Alcoa has some good players but can be beat. They have already been beat by Maryville and Fulton. Their pass defense is terrible. They were getting beat because they blitz TOOOO much. If they play someone with a blanenced offense they will get beat. Milan and Huntingdon can both match up good with Alcoa. They all 3 play alike. I give the edge to the team with the best chemistry at the end of the season.

hmmmmmm lemme see Maryville (4A champs) by three, Fulton (3A Champs) by three. Alcoa (2A Champs) win another class 2A Gold ball

I have to say that I partially agree what he just said but we might have some difficulties from McCallie. But I feel that we have no reason to lose any more region or playoff games

McCallie is Div. II

Alcoa overrated?? HA.... When it comes to 2A football Alcoa is FAR from overrated...Just make sure Goodpasture, Huntingdon, Milan or anyone else just get to the BC Bowl.....Alcoa will be there again! Oh and before you call teams Overrated (like every one does EVERY YEAR) Gets some balls....no not those i mean the gold ones in Boro that The Beasts from the East has...Alcoa, Maryville and Oak Ridge!!!

I agree with Rigger, Alcoa's schedule and tough games will make them more than ready for what 2a wants to throw at them. Alcoa always gets better as the year progresses, and Randall Cobb gets more confident in his arm making Alcoas offense even more potent. Another gold ball is a great possibility, but they will take it one game at a time. The stretch of games with Maryville/CAK (1st round type game)/Fulton/Loudon/McCAllie, will be tougher than any line up in the 2A playoffs.

Looks like Alcoa is playing a tuffer schedule than Goodypasture.

Should pay off in the playoffs!!!!

Good Luck Aloca!

Yes Alcoa is playing a very tough schedule, but it is not like Goodpasture is playing cupcakes. They have played Lipscomb and PJPII, two very good programs. Also, Goodpasture plays in a far tougher region than Alcoa, and will face a tougher road getting back to the buro. But this years game between Alcoa and Goodpasture would be very interesting if they both get back.

Yes Alcoa is playing a very tough schedule, but it is not like Goodpasture is playing cupcakes. They have played Lipscomb and PJPII, two very good programs. Also, Goodpasture plays in a far tougher region than Alcoa, and will face a tougher road getting back to the buro. But this years game between Alcoa and Goodpasture would be very interesting if they both get back.

I think CPA will play with Goodpasture. They have played very well so far...and they two platoon. That matchup should be a good one...and will probably happen again in the playoffs.

Edited by Antwan