ALCOA

pharmacist

truly alcoa is a great team. but they are beatable. mccallie will be a true test because untill this game they have not have faced a talented team with professional coaching. we will see friday how good they really are

Obviously you have not heard of one George Quarles (Maryville's coach). Aren't all coaches "professional" since that's what they do for a living? GQ is arguably one of the best if not the best coach in the state, if not the country. Also, Alcoa has a coach who is right up there with GQ.

Hope to see a good game this Friday.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truly alcoa is a great team. but they are beatable. mccallie will be a true test because untill this game they have not have faced a talented team with professional coaching. we will see friday how good they really are

Yes Alcoa is 2-2. But Goodpasture (or any other team) would have the same record if they played the 4 games Alcoa has. Fulton and Maryville would both handle Goodpasture easily. Alcoa has 2 losses for a combined 6 points and both of those games could have gone in Alcoa's favor. In fact, they should have beat Fulton. There is no way that Goodpasture gives any of those teams a better game than Alcoa.

Then you have last week's game in which Alcoa beat the then #3 ranked AA team 63-14!! Alcoa has not lost a 2A game since 2003. It is absurd that Goodpasture is ranked #1 by the press. It is grounded in nothing except that Goodpasture is undefeated after having played a much easier schedule than the 7 time and back to back defending 2A champion mighty Alcoa Tornadoes

No doubt McCallie will be a difficult game to win but it is possible. Guarantee that Fulton has more talent than McCallie (QB not included). Until Goodpasture shows otherwise, Alcoa is 4 or 5 TD's better.

alcoa is a good team.but there not the best in the state.right now goodpasture is the best team in the state, they have beat golden tate and the 3a state runner up lipscomb.i think we will see alcoa and goodpasture back in the state game except it will be a different ending this year.goodpasture has the talent to do it and pull off an undefeated season which has never been done there before.

Yes Alcoa is 2-2. But Goodpasture (or any other team) would have the same record if they played the 4 games Alcoa has. Fulton and Maryville would both handle Goodpasture easily. Alcoa has 2 losses for a combined 6 points and both of those games could have gone in Alcoa's favor. In fact, they should have beat Fulton. There is no way that Goodpasture gives any of those teams a better game than Alcoa.

Then you have last week's game in which Alcoa beat the then #3 ranked AA team 63-14!! Alcoa has not lost a 2A game since 2003. It is absurd that Goodpasture is ranked #1 by the press. It is grounded in nothing except that Goodpasture is undefeated after having played a much easier schedule than the 7 time and back to back defending 2A champion mighty Alcoa Tornadoes

No doubt McCallie will be a difficult game to win but it is possible. Guarantee that Fulton has more talent than McCallie (QB not included). Until Goodpasture shows otherwise, Alcoa is 4 or 5 TD's better.

Perfectly said there man.alcoa is the best 2a team in the state until someone beats them.people say they ha ve lost 2 games but look who they have played and they only lost by 3 to both of them.alcoa is a powerhouse in 2a.until a team knocks them off their thrown they are the best 2a team.there aint a dout in my mind that alcoa can win another gold ball.which they probaly will.i hope it is aloca and goodpasture in the finals and we will see who comes out on top.

alcoa is a good team.but there not the best in the state.right now goodpasture is the best team in the state, they have beat golden tate and the 3a state runner up lipscomb.i think we will see alcoa and goodpasture back in the state game except it will be a different ending this year.goodpasture has the talent to do it and pull off an undefeated season which has never been done there before.

No way you can compare Goodpasture's schedule with Alcoa at this point. Maryville, Fulton, and McCallie are all better than anyone on Goodpasture's schedule. I would like to see Goodpasture play the 4A champs, Div II powerhouse, and what will probably be the 3A champs.

Edited by UTKCLASSOF2002

The difference is that Alcoa is better than last year. Their line is more physical and faster. They are quicker in the backfield. The defense is alot better than a year ago. I do not doubt that Goodpasture is better. But, so is Alcoa. As for the Lipscomb matches, Alcoa did improve between 03 and 04 but I'm not sure about Lipscomb.

This may be a repeat of last years state championship with Aloca and Goodpasture meeting each other but Goodpasture will win the game this year. I am tired of hearing how much better Alcoa is from last years team. So is Goodpasture. The defense has not given up much this year and their offense has only improved going from 200 yards of rushing last year to 400 yards rushing. Goodpasture has improved a lot more than Alcoa from last years teams. Alcoa had a number of players go to D-1 schools. Goodpasture has serveral going that rout this year. The difference is that Goodpasture has a lot more depth than Alcoa especially on Offense this year.

This may be a repeat of last years state championship with Aloca and Goodpasture meeting each other but Goodpasture will win the game this year. I am tired of hearing how much better Alcoa is from last years team. So is Goodpasture. The defense has not given up much this year and their offense has only improved going from 200 yards of rushing last year to 400 yards rushing. Goodpasture has improved a lot more than Alcoa from last years teams. Alcoa had a number of players go to D-1 schools. Goodpasture has serveral going that rout this year. The difference is that Goodpasture has a lot more depth than Alcoa especially on Offense this year.

Apparently you haven't watched an Alcoa game this year. Alcoa is about as deep as you can be for a 2A school. Their numbers are higher than last year. Yes they had players go on to sign with major colleges but it will be the same thing this year. Rae Sykes is headed to either LSU, Tennessee, or Florida State. Brian Sommers is either Tennessee or South Carolina. Kyrus Lanxter has already committed to West Virginia. Chris Shiverdecker is getting some interest from Tennessee.

Here is why Alcoa is better than Goodpasture. Number 1: Alcoa has more talent and more athletes. Number 2: Alcoa has played the best that Tennesse has to offer (Maryville, Fulton, McCallie) and has nearly won both those games. Number 3: Alcoa's rush defense. Number 4: Gary Rankin as head coach. Number 5: Alcoa is the 2 time defending champion and they know how to win.

No doubt, Goodpasture is probably much improved than last year. But before there can be any talk about how much better Goodpasture (or any other 2A team) supposedly is than Alcoa, they need to back it up and actually compete with Alcoa. Until that happens, Alcoa is 5-6 TD's better than Goodpasture (55-10 or 16, whatever the score was last year).

I think this years Alcoa team has a lot to prove. Many Alcoa people, myself very much included, keeps saying this team will not be the same as the previous two Alcoa teams and I think this group of seniors and juniors wants to prove to everyone that they can win one by themselves. They have worked extremely hard and are continuing to get better every week. So for all you Goodpasture people all I have to say is...

NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS

We heard all the same stuff about Goodpasture last year and how they were going to run all over Alcoa, and blah blah blah blah. It will not happen again this year. Alcoa is way to talented again, and this year, the coaching seems to be better for Alcoa. Rankin began to throw the ball down the field to his playmakers and that will mean trouble for all of the DB's in 2A because there isnt a team in the state that has 2 DB's to matchup with Kyrus and Brian all night long. And if you double them or pay to much attention to them, then whoop, Shiverdecker breaks for about a 60 yard TD run, Goodpasture fans should remember him very well (he's the guy who won the MVP and shredded your defense and special teams).

Edited by alcoa06

The Future looks bright for Coach Rankin with lots of talent coming from the Freshman and Middle School teams. Such talent that had Coach Rankin grinning ear-to-ear after the Alcoa Middle school pounded Maryville Middle School 50 to 0 @ Maryville.

The Alcoa Freshman team earlier had also won in a 22-18 contest with Maryville's Freshman team.

With the addition of Coach Rankin to continue developing these players will ensure continued Alcoa's Football success! :)

-BlountCountySportsFan

Edited by BCsportsfan

I think this years Alcoa team has a lot to prove. Many Alcoa people, myself very much included, keeps saying this team will not be the same as the previous two Alcoa teams and I think this group of seniors and juniors wants to prove to everyone that they can win one by themselves. They have worked extremely hard and are continuing to get better every week. So for all you Goodpasture people all I have to say is...

NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS

We heard all the same stuff about Goodpasture last year and how they were going to run all over Alcoa, and blah blah blah blah. It will not happen again this year. Alcoa is way to talented again, and this year, the coaching seems to be better for Alcoa. Rankin began to throw the ball down the field to his playmakers and that will mean trouble for all of the DB's in 2A because there isnt a team in the state that has 2 DB's to matchup with Kyrus and Brian all night long. And if you double them or pay to much attention to them, then whoop, Shiverdecker breaks for about a 60 yard TD run, Goodpasture fans should remember him very well (he's the guy who won the MVP and shredded your defense and special teams).

And we must not forget that our best player did not even play in the game and we still won 55-13