Father Ryan vs. Franklin, week 3

bigbigguy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its going to be a match up of 2 very good defenses. The Ryan secondary will have its hands full with Todd Cambell and Franklin will have to try to contain the strong rushing attack that Father Ryan has developed. But if the Irish can play as they did last week or even the week before against JPII they should walk away with a W.

my pick...Ryan by 10 and remains undefeated against 5A teams :thumb:

I don't know if Father Ryan will even have to worry about Todd Campbell. He did not even have one reception in Franklin's win against Ravenwood. Its not that he isn't a good player, but the Rebels have had a lot of trouble in the passing game. In fact I don't even recall them throwing a single pass to Campbell in the last game.

I don't know if Father Ryan will even have to worry about Todd Campbell. He did not even have one reception in Franklin's win against Ravenwood. Its not that he isn't a good player, but the Rebels have had a lot of trouble in the passing game. In fact I don't even recall them throwing a single pass to Campbell in the last game.

That's why he probably committed to UT early.

The Irish take this one 35-17

hsfbfan, i dont know if youve been watching franklin play or not, but ill put it like this. Against Lincoln Co., they allowed one touchdown, on the second play of the game. Against Oakland, the fourth string D allowed one td late in the fourth quarter. And, against ravenwood, they allowed one touchdown on a fluke tipped pass that went through three franklin defenders before being caught in the fourth quarter. For you to think anyone will score 35 points on them is ridiculous. use some common sense.

Edited by bobafett903

hsfbfan, i dont know if youve been watching franklin play or not, but ill put it like this. Against Lincoln Co., they allowed one touchdown, on the second play of the game. Against Oakland, the fourth string D allowed one td late in the fourth quarter. And, against ravenwood, they allowed one touchdown on a fluke tipped pass that went through three franklin defenders before being caught in the fourth quarter. For you to think anyone will score 35 points on them is ridiculous. use some common sense.

I agree with hsfbfan. Franklin is not playing public. They are playing D2AAA team that has improved greatly since the Irish beat Franklin last year. The Irish may not score 35 but they will score at least 24 against a "stingy" Rebel defense and the Rebels may be hard pressed to score themselves against a stellar Irish defense. I don't like Lussier but the man can coach some defense.

The Irish start the 2006 season 3-0 for the first time in forever. Go Irish!

Well incase you have not heard what Father Ryan's D has done this year lets see...Last week they shut down the runner up in DIIAAA, the week before (and sorry to bring this up JPII Fan :lol: ) They shut down, in a way ( -13 rushing yards in the second half rushing, the best player in the state Golden Tate, and then the week before that in a scrimage they to beat Ravenwood, exept when they beat them they had their normal starting QB Becker.... Just thought I would fill ya in :D

Well incase you have not heard what Father Ryan's D has done this year lets see...Last week they shut down the runner up in DIIAAA, the week before (and sorry to bring this up JPII Fan ;) ) They shut down, in a way ( -13 rushing yards in the second half rushing, the best player in the state Golden Tate, and then the week before that in a scrimage they to beat Ravenwood, exept when they beat them they had their normal starting QB Becker.... Just thought I would fill ya in :lol:

Statebound No problem. :D

No offense to Franklin's football prowess, but the Irish will win this matchup. In fact if they keep improving we could see an all Catholic win for D2AA and AAA for the State Title (I know it's a little early to say that but if the Irish keep improving and the Knights can stay on track, the Diocese of Nashville will have a lot to celebrate come November).

its going to be a match up of 2 very good defenses. The Ryan secondary will have its hands full with Todd Cambell and Franklin will have to try to contain the strong rushing attack that Father Ryan has developed. But if the Irish can play as they did last week or even the week before against JPII they should walk away with a W.

my pick...Ryan by 10 and remains undefeated against 5A teams :thumb:

I agree, Ryan by 7 or 10. This will be a hard fought battle on Franklin's field. Franklin has a revenge factor, but Ryan players are extremely motivated, so this evens out. Don't expect a rout by either team. If I'm wrong ant the Irish win by a big margin, I will be very glad. Go Irish :lol:

Edited by fieldman