Father Ryan vs. Franklin, week 3

bigbigguy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now seeing what the Irish are capable of, are there any doubterd for this game?

Didn't FR beat Franklin last year? Considering how bad they were last year (FR), and based on what they've done so far this year, they should be able to handle Franklin? I guess it works on paper, but who knows? I thought BA would destroy Ravenwood and look how that game turned out.

Yes Father Ryan did beat FHS last year for coach L's first win as a Fightin Irish.

Because of that HUGE upset last year you know FHS will come out looking for some revenge. They have a very talented WR that will challenge the Irish D on every play. BUT if that D can play as well as they have the past two weeks and the offense plays like they did tonight then I think its safe to say that next week we will be talking about the Irish being 3-0

BDD you have been drinking that Kool-Aid again :)

Well we'll see. So far I've been right about Independence. Franklin still is unsettled at QB although I would think that given the 0-9-1 performance by Cantrell, that Sellars will be the starter going forward. They just need to work on how he covers the ball when he runs.

Father Ryan is on a roll, they have the athletes, they have the coaching, and they can just pound it at you or put you on your heels with a passing game. They have had only 1 fumble in the past two games and while passing has been limited, no interceptons.

Most everyone remembers the lack of preperation Franklin took in preparing for FRHS last year. I dare say that will be not be a problem this year. I would guess that Franklin will practice on Monday. They need to practice this Monday like they did the Monday after their loss to FRHS last year (better to have a wake up call before, rather than after)

Bottom line, I don't think Franklin can execute multi-dimensionally (Yet) on offense and that FRHS has the edge there. Franklin's defense will keep the score low but I'd have to go against the Rebels with a prediction of FRHS 17 FHS 7

What does it say that with Ravenwood touted as the game of the year, Todd Campbell doesn't show up in the box scores with any receptions? Franklin has got to get its offense going if it wants to win state

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Will the Irish improve to 3-0 or will Franklin get revenge after the huge upset last year? Hopefully just fans from Ryan and Franklin will post on this one and keep sportsmanship in mind.....

Irish win this one. I think Franklin is down this year and cannot compete with Lussier's defensive schemes.

PS MWR this is a public forum so, therefore, I can post to any topic I want. :thumb: