Father Ryan vs. Franklin, week 3

bigbigguy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with hsfbfan. Franklin is not playing public. They are playing D2AAA team that has improved greatly since the Irish beat Franklin last year. The Irish may not score 35 but they will score at least 24 against a "stingy" Rebel defense and the Rebels may be hard pressed to score themselves against a stellar Irish defense. I don't like Lussier but the man can coach some defense.

The Irish start the 2006 season 3-0 for the first time in forever. Go Irish!

Franklin 23

Father Ryan 3

Congratulations to the Rebels...........You took it to the Irish...I said back on page 2 of this thread that I didn`t think either team would win by a 35-21 score, but the margin of victory was even more than I thought......This game was pretty much won by Franklin in the first half when they were able to overcome some early mistakes they made and take advantage of some bumbling IRISH miscues that led to a 16-3 halftime edge.......In the second half Ryan was pretty much bottled up on the run and when QB Ryan Blair went out in the 3rd quarter with a ribcage injury, the offense went dormant......I congratulate Franklin Defensive Coach Marshall Winkler for a good game plan that kept Ryan off kilter all night.......It was a monstrous crowd at Franklin and I know the Rebel fans were happy.....I`m still proud of the Irish and I think they will learn from this loss and be ready to rebound against Briarcrest next week....

I think Sellers solidified his hold on the QB role for Franklin tonight. While he was not what many people would consider "outstanding", he did have a pretty SOLID game. He threw a couple of picks (one off a deflection that should have been caught), but other than that it was a pretty mistake free game on his part. Unlike his first start, he was able to hold onto the ball.

He made some good passes. Not sure of his stats, but he should have been around 5-8, including a 70 yard or so TD pass to Campbell (yeah, Campbell can not complain this week about not getting the ball). He also made some good passes in some clutch situations. He added another rushing TD. And, had a potential long TD run called back on another one of Franklin’s stupid holding calls (I think they are averaging 8 of these a game).

All this, along with his play at Ravenwood last Friday, Clayton will have to go with him from now on or until he screws up big (like throwing 4 or 5 picks in one game).

And, one thing people need to remember when critiquing the kid is that he is only 15 years old. So, he still has quite a bit of learning to do. But, after leading his team to wins over Ravenwood and Father Ryan, he should be given a lot of credit. Much more considering his age.

23 - 3 Jacha'''

Well congrats to Franklin I honestly did not think it would turn out this way but it did. Good Luck to Franklin on the rest of their season. Now lets see if FR can rebound from this. And as usual Franklin Generals spouts some nonsense. Your signature word must be "Jacha'''" since that is all you ever come up with. Thanks for the restatement of the score I did not quite catch it the first 100 times. Maybe just once I will see a halfway intelligent comment come from you Frankin Generals but somehow I seriously doubt it but I'll be sure to wave to you every week when you come pick up my trash!

Are you all ready to talk football now???? Franklin 23 FR 3

Sure Franklin took it to FR. Sorry I fell prey to thinking the FR hype might have been true this year. As I said before I am not a FR fan was just hoping that maybe this year they would turn it around but the season is still young so we shall see how FR responds to this big loss.

Edited by Bauber

Sure Franklin took it to FR. Sorry I fell prey to thinking the FR hype might have been true this year. As I said before I am not a FR fan was just hoping that maybe this year they would turn it around but the season is still young so we shall see how FR responds to this big loss.

I too fell prey to the hype but Ryan will prove their resilience if they can rebound this week.

Franklin fans you sure are gracious winners. I am not, first, a Ryan fan so your comments really don't sting like you think they would. Thanks for the information anyway. Good luck this season Rebels.

SPELLCHECK!

Your was used twice....

Your = possession of something, not gramatically correct in this situation.

You meant "you're" = a contraction formed from the two words "you" and "are". I wouldn't (see I can do it) say anything but you did it in several posts and in this post twice.

I would suggest if you are going to correct grammar/spelling to make sure your (ownership) grammar is correct first.

Ryan by as much as they want! Go Irish! :unsure:

I am better, you know it! Go Irish!!!!!!

Ya but you pkd the wrong team

Well congrats to Franklin I honestly did not think it would turn out this way but it did. Good Luck to Franklin on the rest of their season. Now lets see if FR can rebound from this. And as usual Franklin Generals spouts some nonsense. Your signature word must be "Jacha'''" since that is all you ever come up with. Thanks for the restatement of the score I did not quite catch it the first 100 times. Maybe just once I will see a halfway intelligent comment come from you Frankin Generals but somehow I seriously doubt it but I'll be sure to wave to you every week when you come pick up my trash!

YA when your pumping my gas you jacka''

I think Sellers solidified his hold on the QB role for Franklin tonight. While he was not what many people would consider "outstanding", he did have a pretty SOLID game. He threw a couple of picks (one off a deflection that should have been caught), but other than that it was a pretty mistake free game on his part. Unlike his first start, he was able to hold onto the ball.

He made some good passes. Not sure of his stats, but he should have been around 5-8, including a 70 yard or so TD pass to Campbell (yeah, Campbell can not complain this week about not getting the ball). He also made some good passes in some clutch situations. He added another rushing TD. And, had a potential long TD run called back on another one of Franklin’s stupid holding calls (I think they are averaging 8 of these a game).

All this, along with his play at Ravenwood last Friday, Clayton will have to go with him from now on or until he screws up big (like throwing 4 or 5 picks in one game).

And, one thing people need to remember when critiquing the kid is that he is only 15 years old. So, he still has quite a bit of learning to do. But, after leading his team to wins over Ravenwood and Father Ryan, he should be given a lot of credit. Much more considering his age.

Film and discipline or substitution will take care of the penalties, enough fire power to get past Ravenwood and Father Ryan, a sophomore QB who is getting better with every game, a defense that is arguably the best in 5A.......

Edited by BigDogDaddy

First of all..Congrats to FHS on their win! It appears they took Father Ryan much more serious this year than last!

Ths FHS offense did enough to get the win. The FHS Defense took advantage of a POOR game plan by the Father Ryan offense. I will say that the FHS defense is tuff...BUT, Father Ryan's offense was atrocious! I believe it is McPhail (Former Antioch Head Coach) that is calling the plays there...and if I am correct, Father Ryan, you need to make a change now, while the season is still young!

And in an earlier post, someone stated that Winkler had a great defensive game plan for FHS...WRONG...that would be Donnie Webb..who is a great D Coord!

Good Luck Rebs!

Good Luck to Father Ryan as well..You will need it with McPhail on staff!