Franklin at Independence 9/15/06

indyrep

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its official indy is for real. i think this will be the most exciting game in 6-5a this year, while both franklin and indy's defense's are awesome i can't help but wonder with franklins qb situation if indy can't score some points on offense and let their defense keep them in a game. This is a matchup with two great defenses and im gona have to go with indy on offense. The school that wins this game will win the region, but i can't help but worry if former teamate tommy johnson's one year death aniversery will throw indy off their game indy could use that as motivation though. good luck to the rebels and i can't wait to see this game.

So you think Independence is going to beat Franklin. Independence has defeated two hapless 5A teams that are destined for a winless season and a very weak 3A school. Their opponents have a combined record of 1-9. If Zach Cordell performs at the same level in the Franklin game that he did in the games against Centennial, Hillwood and Page, then he will get my vote for high school football player of the year. He will take Independence to the state championship and we can retire his jersey at the end of the season.

Independence over Franklin :lol::lol::thumb::lol::lol: [Roxanne laugh] Franklin by 40 !!!

PS: Zach Cordell is 6'1" 190 lbs., not 6'4" 210 lbs. popycock

So you think Independence is going to beat Franklin. Independence has defeated two hapless 5A teams that are destined for a winless season and a very weak 3A school. Their opponents have a combined record of 1-9. If Zach Cordell performs at the same level in the Franklin game that he did in the games against Centennial, Hillwood and Page, then he will get my vote for high school football player of the year. He will take Independence to the state championship and we can retire his jersey at the end of the season.

Independence over Franklin :thumb::lol::lol::lol::lol: [Roxanne laugh] Franklin by 40 !!!

PS: Zach Cordell is 6'1" 190 lbs., not 6'4" 210 lbs. popycock

Eaglet, I hope to never see you post again. There are some issues that you need to work out with yourself before you attempt to spew your venom everywhere.

Sorry that your son/whoever your dog in the fight is isn't getting the playing time you desire for him. However, you need to grow up. Simple as that.

PS: It's not "political." Watch him play.

Oh, and homegrown, I wish it was your field. That would've made it easier.

Edited by donathan5507

Franklin by 17.

I think your right, but I would'nt put my money on it. I read the article and interviews by both coaches. Franklin has a lot of smart athletic kid's, with a lot of football experience, to include 15 games two yrs ago and 13 games last yr. Franklin was 3pts away from beating the state champs twice last yr. They know what it takes to keep the momentum going and confidence charging, its not easy, but its very satisfy to know you give a 100% under the lights every friday night. No player ever passes by a stadium on friday night and not get that gut feeling.

Kick Butt REBS, FIX BAYONET, LAY YOUR EARS BACK. I could do this all day.

I think your right, but I would'nt put my money on it. I read the article and interviews by both coaches. Franklin has a lot of smart athletic kid's, with a lot of football experience, to include 15 games two yrs ago and 13 games last yr. Franklin was 3pts away from beating the state champs twice last yr. They know what it takes to keep the momentum going and confidence charging, its not easy, but its very satisfy to know you give a 100% under the lights every friday night. No player ever passes by a stadium on friday night and not get that gut feeling.

Kick Butt REBS, FIX BAYONET, LAY YOUR EARS BACK. I could do this all day.

FG,

Either team is capable of winning this game for sure. Franklin has not faced an offense this year like Indy's and Indy hasn't faced a defense like Franklins this year. It will be a fun game. Both teams will be fired up. Experience in big games goes to Franklin, but Indy has young players with a lot of Varsity experience. I wouldn't bet on this game for sure, but I think Indy wins a close one. I hope no one gets hurt and both teams play hard. It will be a battle for sure. If you can't get up for this game then you have no pulse. It will be an exciting Friday night in Thompson's Station.

FG,

Either team is capable of winning this game for sure. Franklin has not faced an offense this year like Indy's and Indy hasn't faced a defense like Franklins this year. It will be a fun game. Both teams will be fired up. Experience in big games goes to Franklin, but Indy has young players with a lot of Varsity experience. I wouldn't bet on this game for sure, but I think Indy wins a close one. I hope no one gets hurt and both teams play hard. It will be a battle for sure. If you can't get up for this game then you have no pulse. It will be an exciting Friday night in Thompson's Station.

Good comment about Franklin not facing an offense like Indy's (this year). Franklin's secondary has not been tested by any of the team's they have played to date. Normally Ravenwood would have been throwing the ball but were playing without their starting QB. Anyone have any insight into Franklin's secondary? The other big question is whether Cordell will have much/any time to throw against Franklin's blitzing scheme.

Good comment about Franklin not facing an offense like Indy's (this year). Franklin's secondary has not been tested by any of the team's they have played to date. Normally Ravenwood would have been throwing the ball but were playing without their starting QB. Anyone have any insight into Franklin's secondary? The other big question is whether Cordell will have much/any time to throw against Franklin's blitzing scheme.

People foget that that Indy can also run the ball. Excluding sacks and non-planned QB runs Indy averages 6.5 yards per carry. Plus their passing game is an extension of the run game. They've completed 50 of 70 (71+%) and averaged 13.5 per catch. While they have the athletes to get down the field, they have done a very good job with the ball control short passes also.

Franklin will be a huge test for the Eagle O-Line, no doubt. If there is a coach that can pick apart a defense it is Coach Smith. Game time is getting closer and all of this forum banter really means nothing. It is what happens on Friday night in a game played by 15-19 year olds. When you look at it that way is it possible we expect way to much from these kids, and I did say kids? One thing I do know is that there will be no shortage, on either side of the ball, in the hitting department. The Rebels and Eagles will be flying around the field hitting. Here is to everyone staying healthy and the best team will win. I still say the Eagles in a close one.

People foget that that Indy can also run the ball. Excluding sacks and non-planned QB runs Indy averages 6.5 yards per carry. Plus their passing game is an extension of the run game. They've completed 50 of 70 (71+%) and averaged 13.5 per catch. While they have the athletes to get down the field, they have done a very good job with the ball control short passes also.

Franklin will be a huge test for the Eagle O-Line, no doubt. If there is a coach that can pick apart a defense it is Coach Smith. Game time is getting closer and all of this forum banter really means nothing. It is what happens on Friday night in a game played by 15-19 year olds. When you look at it that way is it possible we expect way to much from these kids, and I did say kids? One thing I do know is that there will be no shortage, on either side of the ball, in the hitting department. The Rebels and Eagles will be flying around the field hitting. Here is to everyone staying healthy and the best team will win. I still say the Eagles in a close one.

Nicely put...I am very familiar with Indy's run game. Just thinking out loud that they may move the ball better through the air since Franklin has not had to face a "passing' team yet this year. I've seen Franklin do a nice job shutting down the run. This game will be a fun one to watch but I go with Franklin based on their experience in big games.

Homefield will be important here...Indy has the best fans in the county bar none.

Apparantly, you have never attended a Franklin Rebel football game. Rebel fans can definately give the Indep. fans a run for their money as far as who is the best and has the most school spirit.

I just want to remind all the FHS people that Ravenwood & FR talked trash about our players on coacht and that seemed to help pump our players up. So, let's try not to do the same thing to IHS by being a little overconfident.....