Hampton @ Unaka

Bulldogs#1

Obviously Unaka has improved immensely under their new leadership. They are respected on the football field but are still a couple of years away from being 'there'. Not taking a thing away from them because this is a turnaround year.

On the other hand, Hampton is probably at a peak this season with an all around quality backfield and a good line to run behind. This year's team will be hard to duplicate for a few years. Good luck and good health.

I think the excitement of the fans about where the program is headed might be due to the coaching staff, but the credit for this years team goes to the leadership of the senior class, we have 8 sr on this team: the qb has thrown for 5 td, 1 each to 2 to srs at wr, also ran for 1 .. rb has rushed for 3, punt returned for another .. and the other sr are a big part of the o line.. so far this season has gone about as I expected, even before I knew we were going with a new HC..

and yes we will have our hands full with Hampton, they appear to be in line for another run at the 'boro

Edited by unakafan07

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a slow day here, so I'l take the bait:

For what it's worth, fan, I get the best information I possibly can through conversations with Coaches, Players, Writers and others in the know. And though the opinion I expressed about the four key plays was mine alone, be assured that the Hampton Coaching Staff was Very Concerned until about the 14-minute mark in the third quarter, or just after the fourth of the four occured.

We've all agreed that Hampton is a Great Team. Some of us have stated so until we've nearly turned Hampton Blue in the face. I have repeatedly praised your Bulldogs, and most specifically, your Great Runningback. He is gifted; a treat to watch. I've also gone so far as to feature him in articles on a couple other websites, mine included.

My remarks were based on what I was able to garner from talking with the Hampton Staff and Players, and by walking the sidelines - Hampton's Sideline - during the game.

But, back to the facts: The touchdowns were called back simply because there were infractions. And though one of the flags (I feel) was inexcusably late, the violations did occur. *Called-back-Touchdowns are irrelevant to my point, and for that matter, to the final score; and they are of no consequence here. Further, you might want to tell the readers what happened after the flags were thrown. On one occasion, Adam simply took off on anonther of his memorable jaunts. After another, the Bulldogs were held, but at the Unicoi County Twelve Yard Line, which, as you no doubt remember, is twelve yards, and three plays, from where the First of the Four plays occured.

But thanks for keeping me honest. For a moment I nearly forgot that I was actually at the Game. :thumb:

Your welcome to Hampton anytime Krich and what is your web site.

If people are scared to get hurt- they shouldn't be playing football- in football the point is to hit people as hard as you can (legally) - going for legs, ankles, knees. as much as we may not like it is part of the game and very legal.

Yeah, we all know that hitting as hard as you can is part of the game...duh, it's football, but to intentionally go for someone's ankle is CHEAP and pathedic!!!!

Go DAWGS...play clean and BEAT 'em the right way!!!

Are you serious?- you really think that going for ankles is cheap and pathetic- you must not know anything about football....ever heard of a chop block- ever wonder how DBs take out huge fullbacks or running backs...how do you think a db takes out Jeremy shockey- go for the legs...ankles knees whatever they can to bring them down...obviously you don't try to break bones or tear ligaments but you tackle and hit and bring down people however you can....if you complain about that you are most deffinately playing the wrong sport...tennis and golf have no contact...try those...

Are you serious?- you really think that going for ankles is cheap and pathetic- you must not know anything about football....ever heard of a chop block- ever wonder how DBs take out huge fullbacks or running backs...how do you think a db takes out Jeremy shockey- go for the legs...ankles knees whatever they can to bring them down...obviously you don't try to break bones or tear ligaments but you tackle and hit and bring down people however you can....if you complain about that you are most deffinately playing the wrong sport...tennis and golf have no contact...try those...

Hey, we agree on one. I've never seen a coach teach a kid to tackle high.

I mean no disrespect at all, but isnt this Ensor's first year coaching? You Carter County folks have him tabbed as the second coming of Vince Lombardi already. Just because you were a great coach in another sport doenst nessacarily mean you can walk into another sport and just know the all the intricacies of the game and be able to duplicate your past success. Like I said, this is not meant to be disrespectful at all, but, being a good motivator is not the same as being a good coach and because the kids in Unaka are excited and everytihing happens to be going good right now I think yall have the two mixed up. Just one man's opinion. Good Luck this week stay healthy. :thumb:

Well, If you know the anything about the Ensor's, you would know that they were both excellent football players and both went to college on football scholarships. Yes, it is their first year coaching, but they do know a tremendous deal about football and are extremely capable of taking the rangers to a new level this year!!

Enough jacked up comments!!!! Lets just focus on Fri. night. I feel that it will take the Rangers playing at their best and getting a few bounces their way to beat the Dogs. I have seen Hampton play this year and they are very impressive....Alot of weapons.......I hope both teams have a great game and may the best team win...

In your opinion, how do they compare to Temple?

This would be a pretty good matchup.. I'm not sure that Hampton would have an answer for skogen, however; they are bigger and stronger up front, so they would be able to pressure the qb better than us ... and I'm not sure that temple has an answer for townsend either.. I hope you all get past some of them tough region 3 and 4 guys, would love to see this one..