Oak Ridge v. Heritage

BIG CAT RIDGER

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The back injury is from a surprising lack of flexibility by the young man, who I love watching play football and basketball. Talking with coach Stevens night before last, the first half actions were not because of the back.

He said it wasn't anything bad, just sending a message that needed to be sent. It was apparent after he got in the game, his back was fine.

ExtremeFury...or whatever your name is...

How 'bout you take things just a little more serious....

First you were the one who started by rattling off your knowledge about AE.

Second, do I take it serious, yes, but is it life or death no. I understand the expectations, but lets face facts, no matter what the expectations are the cats have won one State Championship in the last 26 years, had 3 different head coaches, with Stanton being the fourth, so tell me why do some many of our so called fans walk around with a chip on their shoulders.

I for one think the Cats will be fine, believe it or not sometimes the other team is just better. DB was last Friday. I think the players and staff will learn from last Friday and continue to get better, starting with Heritege on Friday.

Typical. Typical Oak Ridge fans. I know I am one. We want to praise everyone when we are winning and find a new coach after one loss. The truth is, we didn't play well on Friday night and got beat. DB is a better team right now, and maybe this season, but the Cats are young just like DB was last year and they will get better. Its amazing to read our posts and DB's posts from last year. Last year we beat them good with 5 turnovers and the DB fans were supportive of their players and their staff. Thats what we need to do, but oh no some of you guys can't. You have to gab on and on about your team and your coach, or your expertise because you coach youth league. The truth is these coaches and players work hard. Our community would not tolerate any less. So lay off em and see how the rest of the season goes. Only Oak Ridgers brag about being open minded and then act like idiots at the first sign of disappointment. Be a fan, watch the game, enjoy the game, and root for your team and coaches all the way.

You kinda read my mind. I was thinking about the difference between the way the DB fans took their loss last year and even lost in the first round.. they weren't to my knowledge throwing the coaches and players under the bus. I like to think I have realistic expectations. Does that mean I am not dissapointed when they turn the ball over 5 times and get penalized like they have been so far this season no I am still dissapointed. I think there is time to get better. I am sure the coaches and players realize what happened last week. Are there teams in our region that are just better than OR right now. Yep I think so. But I am not ready to throw the whole team under the bus just yet.

The worst part about all of this posting stuff, is not knowing who you are debating with.

We should come up with a secret CoachT handshake or something, so we can know each other. It sure adds credibility to some posts. Maybe Coach T can sell super deduper membership cards with our posting names on it... heck something!

Hey Wildcat fans.. the thing about the DB Fans last season... we were coming off, what 6 years of deep, deep teams, loaded year after year. When DB, led by Duran Ferguson got "upset" in the SHIP in the playoffs in '04... we knew a couple of things heading into '05. We were going to put a lot of un-tested Juniors and Soph's on the field (in every position), and we had a great HS Coach in Graham Clark.

Everyone was aware that beating OR in '05, no matter where we played them, was out of the question... and the regular season went about as well as we could have hoped for. 9-1

Going up against the best ever #4 seed in TN Playoff History ('05 Ooltewah) was a shocker (they beat OR 2 weeks before) and we got eliminated early..... But, the Indians did play their best game of the season against the Owls and took them to OT... Bo Burton was thrown into QB action in week 2 last year, bad for last year... good for '06.

Sometimes you just don't reload, you have to start over. Keep your head up and win Region 2 5A!!

Roll Cats Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

yes and no on the fact he knows what he's doing. AE is and always has been undisciplined. I will always have my doubts...

I think that OR settled. They should have tried for Rankin.

It amazes me that we keep talking about the coaches. Coach Stevens has won a state championship and played for a championship. How many other coaches in the State can say that? Did he win the State with an undiscipline team? Was he ranked number 1 in the state year in and year out with undiscipline teams? I'll also assume that USC lost the national championship last year because they were an undiscipline team.

We all agree that the Wildcats are inexperience. What do you expect when one of your experience players put the inexperience players in the hole early (2 fumbles and 2 interceptions (my bad one was better than a punt). Where talking about the guy who SHOULD be the leader. Know one is mentioning that. How can that be blamed on Coach Stevens. He has nothing to do with that. I guess he won the first 2 games because the teams he played were also inexperienced or had bad coaching.

Let's go back to week 1. Some of you guys are the same ones talking about how Coach Shaddock in Clinton is a good coach. This man has won 3 or 4 games over the last 3 or 4 years and you say he is a good coach. What did he do to be consider a good coach? When will Coach Stevens get his credit.

Once again, we talk about Coach Gaddis should've been the Head Coach. Outside of all his off the field problems, does anyone remember when he went 5-5. What excuses did we have for him? Since he is the almighty Coach everybody was wanting.

I played for Coach Gaddis if anyone is questioning me. I was All State 2 years and every other award giving out around the State for 2 years. I was giving a full scholarship. Do the rest of you Monday Morning quarterbacks can say that. What are your credentials?

Well folks I don't have any credentials as far as the wildcats go. I am a fan and I do attend the games read the paper and watch anything on TV about the Cats...thats it.. I do however like talking about the Cats.

My opinions are just that my opinions. Unlike some that post on here, no matter what I think or say in reality it doesn't matter one bit. It is just conversation about my favorite high school sports team. I might have misunderstood the object of this message board. I thought that is why it's here. Anyway as for me, take it for what it is worth ...nothing.