Coffee County vs Cumberland Co.

daniel102081

just wondering............in high school football when do you "call the dogs off?".........i was at the shelbyville game, shelbyville has a couple of players who have the ability to be explosive............how many points is enough when you are playing a team who can score on any given play?...........given they didn't in the second half but they certainly did in the first............

that being said again just how many points is enough when your special teams and defense has been burned on big plays in the past...............

all this "junk" on here about the raiders and the coaches really amazes me.........one thing i am sure of about this team is that the players in this program are dedicated and work hard.............they have had to make a commitment to football that involves a year round commitment to strength and conditioning which really separates the ones who want to play from the wannabes..............there are alot of good kids in the program who have alot of heart

that's all i have to say about that..........

The kids on the other teams have been working hard also and are probably just as dedicated...lets not forget about those guys. There is no good lesson in running up the score on anyone. What kind of message does that send? No 16 or 17 year old kid deserves being humiliated like that. Sure, we can look at the stats the next day and see 600 yards offense, but whats the point? Are we supposed to be fooled into thinking CC will win the state? A win is a win. When you are up 4 touchdowns with only a quarter to play in the game, call off the dogs. If you are worried about a comeback then leave your first team defense in, but dont keep running up the score. I respect Tullahoma for doing that last week. I lost some respect towards Coffee County. After losing bad to Tullahoma, I hope the CC coaches dont insult their fans intelligence by running the score up on Cumberland County. We have an ok football team. They will make the playoffs and loose in the first round, but its an improvement from past years where we were the team losing 62 - 21 and going 0-10. Coffee County is no State Contender, and running the score up on weaker teams isnt going to make us any better. You only loose respect. The boys on the other teams dont deserve being humiliated by grown men who dont show mercy.

Edited by SCtribe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids on the other teams have been working hard also and are probably just as dedicated...lets not forget about those guys. There is no good lesson in running up the score on anyone. What kind of message does that send? No 16 or 17 year old kid deserves being humiliated like that. Sure, we can look at the stats the next day and see 600 yards offense, but whats the point? Are we supposed to be fooled into thinking CC will win the state? A win is a win. When you are up 4 touchdowns with only a quarter to play in the game, call off the dogs. If you are worried about a comeback then leave your first team defense in, but dont keep running up the score. I respect Tullahoma for doing that last week. I lost some respect towards Coffee County. After losing bad to Tullahoma, I hope the CC coaches dont insult their fans intelligence by running the score up on Cumberland County. We have an ok football team. They will make the playoffs and loose in the first round, but its an improvement from past years where we were the team losing 62 - 21 and going 0-10. Coffee County is no State Contender, and running the score up on weaker teams isnt going to make us any better. You only loose respect. The boys on the other teams dont deserve being humiliated by grown men who dont show mercy.

i understand your points..........not sure if you understand mine............shelbyville has some very explosive player-goins and allen i believe.......tullahoma took out barnes and that was enough...........i wasn't there i don't know who all they pulled and who they left in.........i do know who was the man among boys though-cass barnes..........it is amazing to me that CC hasn't even stepped on the field with Cumberland Co and already the coaches are being berated for doing something wrong............last season CC was "expected" to beat them and they got dominated...........let's wait and see how the game turns out

i never said other programs don't work hard.............i just don't think it's right to get on here and rip kids for going out and doing what they should on the field........coaches are grown men with real names and are accountable for their own actions.......if you have a problem with them then talk to them in person instead of hiding behind a screen name.

Who won this game last year?

Cumberland County is down with some of last years team now at the new high school.

Coffee gets its first of three region wins this year in the weak sister region and make the playoffs and finish third.

I guess there is so satisfaction in that.

It will not be close. The only question is : when will the dogs be called off?

Sportsmanship or stat-padding?

That is a moral dilemna.

Cumb. co won last years game 15 or 16 to 0?.

Most of last years team is not at the new school. All of last years juniors are still at cchs. no seniors to be went to the new school. (fb player seniors that is)

Jets still have not scored. don't understand how you are not even challenging for wins.

this has been a close game every year but one.i think The jets wone that one 56-6

last year the jets shocked CC so be carefull what u say Those jets r still coming

and have some good linemen.i think it will be CC28 Jets 12

I saw on another thread that the Cumberland County varsity was beaten by the Stone Memorial Junior Varsity !!

Dosen't look good for the Jets... :thumb:

THE SQUAD :D

Edited by THE SQUAD

I don't think the games in this series have ever been lopsided. How you guys can predict a blowout after what Tullahoma did to Manchester is surprising. Manchester has a team hobbling into week 5 and two embarrassing losses. Even though there are six games left to play. The season ender for Manchester is tomorrow night. Cumberland County by 7.

Edited by SemperFiBlue

I don't think the games in this series have ever been lopsided. How you guys can predict a blowout after what Tullahoma did to Manchester is surprising. Manchester has a team hobbling into week 5 and two embarrassing losses. Even though there are six games left to play. The season ender for Manchester is tomorrow night. Cumberland County by 7.

Wow, that's positive. I guess that's just what I was talking about on the CC vs. Tullahoma thread. You are a prime example of the kind of support Coffee County receives from the community.