Carter at Pigeon Forge

splainshornets

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about 2002, but I would assume there was a little emotion involved in a 4 OT game.

I think it is tough to judge everyone based on the attitude of a former coach, who is former for a reason.

I know everyone thinks that Pigeon Forge is full of rich kids that get whatever they want, but that just isn't true. There are some people with money and some of them have tons of it, but over half of the school is on free lunch. It is not a school of spoiled rich kids, which I sometimes feel people think about "Sevier County Citizens".

I think you made unfair assumptions on a community based on a few isolated situations. I agree we have some rediculous fans and in the past may have had problems with coaches and players, but I think that everone has fans they wish they didn't and every coach has done or said something they regret.

I think if you'll check, PF coaches and programs are some of the most respected in the district by other coaches.

You didn't see my revision, but I will say I don't know whether or not the PF coaches are among the most respected. I could continue on about the lack of courtesy shown while at Tiger Stadium a few years ago when I was doing stats and got a "get lost" look when I was about to sit down with our radio broadcaster.

I see no need to beat a dead horse any longer.

Posted Today, 09:32 AM

{" Pigeon Forge was competitive in their region the last couple of years. They have had some good coaching, and I think given time this guy will do a good job. As far as PF they just don't have the kids with Football speed, or gamebreaking players. There is alot more to football than having great players, but it sure helps. Coaching is alot more than x' and o's. Its changing kids attitudes, parents being dealt with, money, equipment, maintenance, and tons of more things I'm leaving out.

A first year coach battles many things, but once he gets his feet wet he will grow. Give him time. The Players need this stability, the staff needs this stability, and the community needs this stablility. "}

This is my point,this coach has already lost this team.All the players that have already walked off, all the questioning and the lack of effort shows that this guy already lost the respect and confidence of these kids and much of the community.They won't play hard if they don't believe in him and the reputation from what's already taken place will carry from year 2 year even before future seasons begin.If they were showing improvement and u could see signs of players and the community believeing in him, then he has the oppertunity to build a successful program in the future.As it is there not showing any improvement and actually seem 2 be going backwards and most have done lost faith in him and his system.PF needs a coach who will bring energy and a renewed enthusiasm to the program.

Edited by backinblack

You didn't see my revision, but I will say I don't know whether or not the PF coaches are among the most respected. I could continue on about the lack of courtesy shown while at Tiger Stadium a few years ago when I was doing stats and got a "get lost" look when I was about to sit down with our radio broadcaster.

Cannon (Baseball), Johnson (Girls Basketball), Wright (Boys Basketball), Pearson (Softball), Moseley (Soccer). I think most people would tell you these are all very good coaches and people, that run well disciplined well respected programs. Once again I am sorry if you felt you were treated bad at a football game. Like I said earlier we have had problems in the past (eapecially football), but I hate to see an entire community characterized by the actions of a few.

I remember Rutledge beating us by a last second shot (by Singleton I think) a couple of years ago and people stormed the court and basically told all the PF people where they could go, most were students, but you had adults in it too. It was emotional, and I have not looked at that as a negative toward all of Rutledge, just that sometimes fans don't know there place.

Oh well, obviously you have your opinion of PF and I will not change it, I just hate to see a negative feeling towards a group because of a few.

Cannon (Baseball), Johnson (Girls Basketball), Wright (Boys Basketball), Pearson (Softball), Moseley (Soccer). I think most people would tell you these are all very good coaches and people, that run well disciplined well respected programs. Once again I am sorry if you felt you were treated bad at a football game. Like I said earlier we have had problems in the past (eapecially football), but I hate to see an entire community characterized by the actions of a few.

I remember Rutledge beating us by a last second shot (by Singleton I think) a couple of years ago and people stormed the court and basically told all the PF people where they could go, most were students, but you had adults in it too. It was emotional, and I have not looked at that as a negative toward all of Rutledge, just that sometimes fans don't know there place.

Oh well, obviously you have your opinion of PF and I will not change it, I just hate to see a negative feeling towards a group because of a few.

Yeah i remember when singleton hit that shot ...i was coaching the tigers that night (now you know)...WHAT A GAME ...WHAT AN ATMPSPHERE ...a packed house ....the rowdies in rare form ... a district title on the line....i tried to call a desperate time out after "the shot" but to no avail as the officials ran from the court ...found myself in that moment surrounded by the rowdies and others ....they were in my face hooting me down ..calling me everything in the book ,the adults too......i just walked away a beaten man....but what a great game ,what a great experience, i wouldn't have missed it for the world, that's what it's all about KevB....

One by one

The critics fill

The great arena full

But the only one

Who knows for sure

Is he who fights the bull

THE JERK

P.S. be cool brother ....enjoy life

A "get lost look" ????? pot,........meet kettle

Matt Day hit the shot that night to beat Pigeon! Guys there are great fans at each of these schools and unfortunately we all have the ones who take it far to seriously. As has already been said we should not characterize an entire community by the actions of a few. Coach Harper is a good guy and a good coach, and KevB loves his Pioneers. Let's all get along.

Matt Day hit the shot that night to beat Pigeon! Guys there are great fans at each of these schools and unfortunately we all have the ones who take it far to seriously. As has already been said we should not characterize an entire community by the actions of a few. Coach Harper is a good guy and a good coach, and KevB loves his Pioneers. Let's all get along.

you're right, it was Day. It was definately pick your poison that year, Singleton or Day. Did either one play football. I think Day was a real good baseball player wasn't he?

Catholic doesn't "recruit players" they can't give a "scholarship" out unless the person is actually catholic! Harrison Smith is uber rich so he doesn't even need that money, he is super athletic because his daddy bought him the best of everything which is part of the game can't say I would'nt do the same in his shoes!! And AE definatly does not come out on the field just to hurt people, the only reason your saying that is because of the "gangstas" that go to the school and their reputation. I know most of those players and they are their to win not to kill anyone!!!

Not all of the kids are "gangstas" as you put it but when you have a coach over there for AE saying to a kid to hurt him then yes I see that they are out there just to hurt the kids, last year they played against some JV and Freshmen teams and instead of just bringing their Freshmen or JV team they were bringing their Varsity. And heard it freshly from the coaches mouth that he wanted a certain number taken out of the game.

Sorry about the Catholic quote but where we are originally from that is what the Catholic school do is go out and recruit the players and give them scholarships. I have said it all along Catholic has one heck of a team and look for them in the Playoffs. Granted if they meet Carter may not have a chance at beating them but I can tell you one thing they will not lay down and just let Catholic run over them they will give them a fight til the end of the games because that is one thing the coaches have instilled in the players is no matter how far you are down you NEVER give up.

I would not want my child to play for any other school in this district or region because atleast at Carter all the kids are known by their name not just their number...

The best of luck to all the teams out there because you know everybody can have a bad week and lose a game that they were sure they were going to win.

Not to change the subject, but did these two teams play a JV game? If they did how many players did PF have to play. From the looks of the Game I saw on Comcast-- depth was a huge issue.

Yes Carter & PF played Monday night I don't know how many PF had but Carter had 35 on their side and beat PF 37-8. And no we didn't play our 1st string through the whole game 2nd have we played mostly 3rd string and freshman