Macon County @ Smith County

glover

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest pet peeve about football is how people go to a high school game to watch there kid or someone in there family play ball and sit a talk the whole game to there neighbor they have seen all week everyday, not paying attention to anything going on in the game until the fireworks go off. But on Saturday or Sunday hoping in the car excited as all get out acting crazy in the orange and white or there blue and red. Fans of Smith County I'm calling you out!!! These kids, your kids, need your help and support. Treat these kids like you treat those in the orange on Saturdays. Treat these kids like you treat those in the blue on Sundays. Rally behind your home team. Not Knoxville's team or Nashville's team. Cheer for you own kids and watch the game. Who cares about who else is at the game. Your kids are playing a game they love. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!

I couldn't agree more.

Go Big Owls.

Also, nice picture in the paper, Glover.

Good thing your doing with the kids.

My biggest pet peeve about football is how people go to a high school game to watch there kid or someone in there family play ball and sit a talk the whole game to there neighbor they have seen all week everyday, not paying attention to anything going on in the game until the fireworks go off. But on Saturday or Sunday hoping in the car excited as all get out acting crazy in the orange and white or there blue and red. Fans of Smith County I'm calling you out!!! These kids, your kids, need your help and support. Treat these kids like you treat those in the orange on Saturdays. Treat these kids like you treat those in the blue on Sundays. Rally behind your home team. Not Knoxville's team or Nashville's team. Cheer for you own kids and watch the game. Who cares about who else is at the game. Your kids are playing a game they love. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!

Do you REALLY want me to treat our guys like I treat the orange and blue teams????...

Sounds like the hoot owls are thinking about this thing too much. Calling out your fans, right before a rivalry game? :thumb:

I really don't think any of our fans will be playing in the game...unless bigreid sneaks out of the stands onto the field one more time. :thumb:

The calling out of the fans has nothing to do with the Tiggers...or this game in particular. This has been addressed on here ever since the site was started. Our fans are too passive...sometimes. I have seen it rowdy...but not enough times for me. It seems our fans don't get excited enough until the playoffs. We have 2000-3000 or more fans most big games. The sound really carries well and stays in the "hole".

Edited by Antwan

I really don't think any of our fans will be playing in the game...unless bigreid sneaks out of the stands onto the field one more time. :unsure:

The calling out of the fans has nothing to do with the Tiggers...or this game in particular. This has been addressed on here ever since the site was started. Our fans are too passive...sometimes. I have seen it rowdy...but not enough times for me. It seems our fans don't get excited enough until the playoffs. We have 2000-3000 or more fans most big games. The sound really carries well and stays in the "hole".

Twan, you're absolutely right! The fans have a major impact on the game & players. We

have the same problem here in TC. Partly due to being spoiled I suppose, but as soon as things

start to go downhill, as this year, their hands stay nice & cozy under their butt all game long.

I can look around all during the game, and there are only a handfull standing & cheering the

guys on.

Anyway, again, good luck to the OWLS Fri. nite. Plan to be there, barring a serious death

in the family.LOL.

SC by 17!! So says the Grunt! :unsure:

I like this post. Truth hurts sometimes, but needs to be told.