Gordonsville vs. Trousdale County

croz6110

2500 is a pretty bigcrowd. How many were atthe SC/GV game? I hope since SC is playing upperman away, some of their fans will come on over to GV and watch. I am hoping it is a good game. And for someone who said that what was youth is nw experience, I believe that your players are experienced, but you don't gain that much experience over 3 games. You should still expect young players to make mistakes.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2500 is a pretty bigcrowd. How many were atthe SC/GV game? I hope since SC is playing upperman away, some of their fans will come on over to GV and watch. I am hoping it is a good game. And for someone who said that what was youth is nw experience, I believe that your players are experienced, but you don't gain that much experience over 3 games. You should still expect young players to make mistakes.

2500 is a large crowd, but just to let some insight on how big the East vs Jo Byrns rival is, there were 3,800 tickets sold, and alot of ppl snuck in. Thats a HUGE crowd!!!!

I think Gordonsville will win this game easily, Satterfield is a good coach, but he will be outmanned this week.

Yep Bishop you are right on that point. You do remember GVs line from our game. They have learned to play 4 quarters now without crampimg up. The line will be the diffrence. All of them has been in battles for 3 or 4 years. I dont look for rookies to handle them. Not only do they have size they have speed. They had them big ole 300+ boys on their backs all night, last night. Pancakes everywhere. The guards were pulling, was like Baxter never seen that before.You should have seen the blocks and defensive attacks. The QB was always under pressure. Got sacked several times. They couldnt run the ball against GV, period. Running backs with 4 carries for 3 yards. They love to throw to the right side, and across the middle. No time for deep. Go Tez, it will be a field day for him. Getting a pass off accurate was the problem lot of over and under throws. They had under 200 yds total offence, all against the freshmen. Gv held them on the 2 yd line for 4 and out. Come back for a score. Their only threat against the a team. So come see the Gv game this week. Get some of your moneys worth. Your team has more depth than GV. So it will be hard for your coach to hold down the score this week. Their crowd was about 50% full on their sideline. You know what our side looked like. Stands full, fence full.

Yep Bishop you are right on that point. You do remember GVs line from our game. They have learned to play 4 quarters now without crampimg up. The line will be the diffrence. All of them has been in battles for 3 or 4 years. I dont look for rookies to handle them. Not only do they have size they have speed. They had them big ole 300+ boys on their backs all night, last night. Pancakes everywhere. The guards were pulling, was like Baxter never seen that before.You should have seen the blocks and defensive attacks. The QB was always under pressure. Got sacked several times. They couldnt run the ball against GV, period. Running backs with 4 carries for 3 yards. They love to throw to the right side, and across the middle. No time for deep. Go Tez, it will be a field day for him. Getting a pass off accurate was the problem lot of over and under throws. They had under 200 yds total offence, all against the freshmen. Gv held them on the 2 yd line for 4 and out. Come back for a score. Their only threat against the a team. So come see the Gv game this week. Get some of your moneys worth. Your team has more depth than GV. So it will be hard for your coach to hold down the score this week. Their crowd was about 50% full on their sideline. You know what our side looked like. Stands full, fence full.

Mo$$$, was that you just rambling, or was all of that directed towards me? I am from Gordonsville dude, and am a Gordonsville fan...just FYI

Mo$$$, was that you just rambling, or was all of that directed towards me? I am from Gordonsville dude, and am a Gordonsville fan...just FYI

LOL, oops. I thought at the time I was addressing a SC fan. My bad. I will try to remember next time. If I dont, come back at me. Im very forgetful on names. Oh well I think the intended ones got the message.

LOL, oops. I thought at the time I was addressing a SC fan. My bad. I will try to remember next time. If I dont, come back at me. Im very forgetful on names. Oh well I think the intended ones got the message.

Some TC fan said the youth at TC is now experience, and I said, alot of experience cant be gained in a mere 3 games

Did TC fans loose internet service? Usually there is a ton of trash talked before a game. I remember last year. It was great entertainment. Would yall like us to play hells bells before you kick off? Come on jump in here and tell us how bad you are going to beat us. Havent heard that in over a year. You wont be overlooked, and GV will practice to win. Must be tough carrying a bullseye around.

For Gordonsville to win they will have to cut out the stupid penalties, stay mentally sharp throughout the game (stay with the schemes on defense and not get fooled for the long ball), and take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves.

Penalties have been a problem for us all year. Last night was just another example. Fortunately we weren't seriously hurt by them, but you can't give a team like TC any extra advantage.

If we get the ball off a turnover (like last night on the punt) we have to take advantage and when we get the ball close to the goal line we have to score. I know this sounds like stating the obvious, but at times this year....

Every player in BLUE should have to watch the tape of Jordan Davis on special teams last night. That's the way a special teams player is supposed to play.

MY PREDICTION: The streak finally ends...Gordonsville 27 - Trousdale County 21.

Some TC fan said the youth at TC is now experience, and I said, alot of experience cant be gained in a mere 3 games

Yep I agree with you. Nor do you gain enough in a mere season to play with veterans. Everytime you go on that field you learn something new you can use. Cause a veteran from the other team shows you, at your expense. Now we should be in agreement on that. Ill never forget your name again. Sorry.

For Gordonsville to win they will have to cut out the stupid penalties, stay mentally sharp throughout the game (stay with the schemes on defense and not get fooled for the long ball), and take advantage of the opportunities when they present themselves.

Penalties have been a problem for us all year. Last night was just another example. Fortunately we weren't seriously hurt by them, but you can't give a team like TC any extra advantage.

If we get the ball off a turnover (like last night on the punt) we have to take advantage and when we get the ball close to the goal line we have to score. I know this sounds like stating the obvious, but at times this year....

Every player in BLUE should have to watch the tape of Jordan Davis on special teams last night. That's the way a special teams player is supposed to play.

I agree with you completely.

You can't play sloppy and win against a team like Trousdale County, this was proved against Smith County.

I think you will find out that TC is not imortal Friday night. Everone I talk to is intiminated about TC. Except the team and coaches. Yes its been a long time. This year is just not TCs. They are riding on years past reputation. It happens. In every level. Mistakes must be improved upon. Mistakes are being made by the same people usually. It takes time to cure bad habits. I bet someone will be running hills. If not, the coaches have gotten soft. It may be time to replace a couple on the starting lineup. Theres some standing that may deserve it more than the ones causing problems. I agree Davis put on a show. It took him a while. I think he is there, finally. Now maybe he can lead a few more to compete at a higher level.. As I tell Davis after every game. Yeah baby,Thats what Im talking bout. He lights up with a huge smile. Everyone likes hearing praise. He has earned it this year.