John Overton @ Gallatin 10/06/06

just1np

For comparisons sake:

Gallatin and Overton have two like opponents so far- Glencliff and Antioch

Overton beat Glencliff 38-10, Gallatin beat them 42-7.

Overton beat Antioch 18-15, Gallatin beat them 47-18.

I think Overton will come out fired up and play well early, but if they don't get an early score I think they'll get frustrated and fall apart. They haven't done anything that convinces me that they have a defense, so Gallatin will be able to score some- maybe not at will, but easily enough.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i heard Metro this and Metro that .. and it gets my blood going ... besides no one cares about the green wave ....thats some nasty stuff mold and moss and seaweed just out house nasty ..and i hope Overton ..pounds them again like they did last year ..that was so funny .. McGavock owned Gallatin a few years back now its Overtons time ..go Bobcats!!!

P.S.

Metro Owns You!! <_<

MHS Hater Patrol - letting haters have it!

Please little man...just what does Maplewood own of Gallatin's? It sure isn't the head to head. Yeah Gallatin has never lost to Maplewood..look it up.

And once again you prove my point with the McGavock reference..."biggest thing in the world". Again look at the head to head. Gallatin wins AGAIN.

Looks like that "outhouse nasty mold and moss" is a little more formidable than you think. :lol:

Now I don't have the stats for the Coffee County game but in the other 5 Overton is avg. 21.8 points while giving up 22.2 a game. They gave up 141 yards on the groung and 113 via the pass. On the other end they pass for 71 a game and rush for 201.

Daniel White is the real deal and has great speed. He has already returned one kickoff for a touchdown while leading the region in rushing. Lassiter says they run a power sweep type offense much like Wilson Central did last year. They pitch out wide and utilize their speed to the corners. The kicking game is strong as well with Forrest Armstrong. They should be a strong opponent for the Wave. Strongest yet.

Looks like Overton's strongest asset the run will go against Gallatin's strongest asset the run defense.

Not sure how many injuries they have but talk was that staph has hit their school hard this week. Gallatin is in good shape.

Now I don't have the stats for the Coffee County game but in the other 5 Overton is avg. 21.8 points while giving up 22.2 a game. They gave up 141 yards on the groung and 113 via the pass. On the other end they pass for 71 a game and rush for 201.

Daniel White is the real deal and has great speed. He has already returned one kickoff for a touchdown while leading the region in rushing. Lassiter says they run a power sweep type offense much like Wilson Central did last year. They pitch out wide and utilize their speed to the corners. The kicking game is strong as well with Forrest Armstrong. They should be a strong opponent for the Wave. Strongest yet.

Looks like Overton's strongest asset the run will go against Gallatin's strongest asset the run defense.

Not sure how many injuries they have but talk was that staph has hit their school hard this week. Gallatin is in good shape.

Staph? Are you kidding? How does that happen in the 21st Century? Wash you clothes and bodies little boys!

They must have some supersticious kids that wear the same pair of socks each week and don't wash them.

Ughh...

It might be a good idea for the Green Wave to decline shaking hands after then game.

I'm kidding of course.

Staph? Are you kidding? How does that happen in the 21st Century? Wash you clothes and bodies little boys!

They must have some supersticious kids that wear the same pair of socks each week and don't wash them.

Ughh...

It might be a good idea for the Green Wave to decline shaking hands after then game.

I'm kidding of course.

Just to be fair...some Gallatin players got staph while at the McCallie camp. And they were the ones that were considered the clean ones. Just to be fair.....

Ah ha! But you miss the obvious- AT MCCALLIE! See where I'm going with this? Look I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

War Soap

Good point....

I wish Gallatin would utilize the speed of the runningbacks a little more by doing some of these sweeps and wide pitchouts. We have really good speed on the outside but it is rarely used. Looks to me that we should create some of those obvious mismatches with the linebackers against Harper, Manning or Holder.

Good point....

I wish Gallatin would utilize the speed of the runningbacks a little more by doing some of these sweeps and wide pitchouts. We have really good speed on the outside but it is rarely used. Looks to me that we should create some of those obvious mismatches with the linebackers against Harper, Manning or Holder.

if its working dont fix it

Gallatin gets the win 32-7.

Same old story for the WAVE. Defense dominates the game, but the offense keeps the game close with penalties and fumbles. Four fumbles for the Wave tonight I believe.

Overton's only score came after the blocked a GHS punt and recovered at the 5. Other than that they didn't mount any serious threat.

J. R. Harper made the prettiest run of the night, and probably the season for the Wave- an 88 (guessing) yard run to put the final nail in the coffin.

A great night for Senior Night, congratulations guys!

Fumbles aside I thougt it was a good called and executed game. The Gallatin offense looks to have come to life in the passing, running and blocking department. Gallatin ran a beautiful 2 min drill with less than 1 min. before halftime to get the score. The entire line looked better last night than any other time this season. There were some huge blocks by the O-line. Keeping the region MVP last year out of much of the action. While the Overton offense was pretty predictable you still have to stop it and the Wave defense did just that. Harper was everywhere tonight. And what a beautiful 88 yard run to seal the win. Wilmore looked impressive again punting the ball and Ethan is solid in the kicking dept. As the game went along we also got to see some huge licks. Gleaves decleated some poor Overton player on the sidelines and Parker leveled the boom on some plays. But the hit of the night came on White returning the kickoff with Adam Patrick destoying him in one on one contact. WOW!! Great job fellas keep it up!! Lets get ready for Hunters Lane.