John Overton @ Gallatin 10/06/06

just1np

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one here in Gallatin is saying that GHS is unbeatable. We all see the team for exactly what it is-

A suffacating defensive team with spectacular special teams and (at the moment) an adequate offense.

My very first post on coacht after the Lebanon game I said if the offense ever catches up with the defense they will be hard to beat. That hasn't happened yet, but no one has come with two TDs of beating them as it is, and no one in the region has come within 29 points.

After the WAXING that Overton put on Gallatin last year, I expect Gallatin to be more focused this year. The way they were BEATEN last year was too much to forget. I'm not calling it a revenge game but more of a being more focused than last year game. Overton will be a huge game for Gallatin. And a big game for region 5-5A. A lot rides on this game for both teams. If the special teams hadn't dominated Anticoh last week like they did it could have easily been a closer game with the Talent that Antioch has.

The best of the Metro teams are all in 4-A...Hillsboro, Maplewood, Stratford & Whites Creek. Hillsboro & Maplewood are undefeated & have beaten several of the 5-A Metro teams on their schedule.

Who has Maplewood played thats any good? Who has WhitesCreek played thats any good and actually won against? Hillsboro I will give you but the other two, give me a break.

No one in metro will play with Gallatin this year. Gallatin is much more disciplined, experienced, and loaded with depth.

Maplewood and Hillsboro can give Gallatin all they want. To a previous poster who asked who Maplewood has played, the same could be said about Gallatin.

Gallatin should be a favorite to beat metros 5A teams, but don't take any game for granted.

No one in metro will play with Gallatin this year. Gallatin is much more disciplined, experienced, and loaded with depth.

Maplewood and Hillsboro can give Gallatin all they want. To a previous poster who asked who Maplewood has played, the same could be said about Gallatin.

Gallatin should be a favorite to beat metros 5A teams, but don't take any game for granted.

Um, no.

Hillsboro beat Antioch like what 18-15? And Gallatin crushes the Bears 47-18 in Antioch and you think Hillsboro would "give Gallatin all they want". How do justify that? How can you seriously say that?

Edited by just1np

Just to further define Gallatin's dominance over Nashville so far-

Antioch got 14 yards rushing on 22 carries.

Glencliff got 70 yards on 28 carries

Hillwood got -32yards on 29 carries

Thats a total of 52 yards on 79 carries, or a 0.65 yard per rush average.

Here are the articles should you wish to confirm-

http://www.gallatinnewsexaminer.com/apps/p...022/1311/MTCN04

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...015/1311/MTCN04

http://www.gallatinnewsexaminer.com/apps/p...013/1311/MTCN04

Just to further define Gallatin's dominance over Nashville so far-

Antioch got 14 yards rushing on 22 carries.

Glencliff got 70 yards on 28 carries

Hillwood got -32yards on 29 carries

Thats a total of 52 yards on 79 carries, or a 0.65 yard per rush average.

Here are the articles should you wish to confirm-

http://www.gallatinnewsexaminer.com/apps/p...022/1311/MTCN04

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...015/1311/MTCN04

http://www.gallatinnewsexaminer.com/apps/p...013/1311/MTCN04

In the Antioch/Gallatin game Antioch had 171 offensive yards and Gallatin had 179 offensive yards. ( Or something incredible close to those figures) The only reason why Gallatin made it a blow out is because of field position. Antioch constantly started deep in their own territory and Gallatin's starting field position was consistently deep into Antiochs territory. Figures can be misleading. You obviously proved that. Gallatin is a good football team. But they are not unbeatable. I think Overton or HuntersLane could give them all they want. Hillsboro would give them all that they want and more. A note to Gallatin fans----yes you have a good football team. But when your team is challenged for the first time will they rise to the challenge or will their confidence be shattered and choke?

In the Antioch/Gallatin game Antioch had 171 offensive yards and Gallatin had 179 offensive yards. ( Or something incredible close to those figures) The only reason why Gallatin made it a blow out is because of field position. Antioch constantly started deep in their own territory and Gallatin's starting field position was consistently deep into Antiochs territory. Figures can be misleading. You obviously proved that. Gallatin is a good football team. But they are not unbeatable. I think Overton or HuntersLane could give them all they want. Hillsboro would give them all that they want and more. A note to Gallatin fans----yes you have a good football team. But when your team is challenged for the first time will they rise to the challenge or will their confidence be shattered and choke?

They have been challenged- they trailed to Wilson Central for a half and still managed a double digit win.

The figures I just gave- in regards to rushing yards- are not at all misleading. When a team hands the football to a player and says "run", the offense expects to get at least three yards on every carry. Gallatin absolutly stuffed the Bears every time they tried to run.

14 carries- 22 yards. Those arent "misleading numbers".

Feel free to expound on your theory of "misleading numbers" in regards to how Antioch only got 22 yards on 14 carries. I love a good debate- but you are just talking out of your rear end.