John Overton @ Gallatin 10/06/06

just1np

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton comes in 3-3 with big wins against Glencliff (winless), Coffee Co. (3-4), and Antioch (3-4). Losses coming to Hillsboro (6-0 in 4A), Pearl Cohn (5-2 in 4A), and Hunters Lane (3-3).

So none of the teams that they have beaten have a winning record and two of their losses come to teams that are in a lower classification.

Ok here is a better question.. Can anyone in the state hang with Gallatin..???

I think that Gallatin will be tested Friday vs Overton. I was surprised by the lack of a test that Antioch presented, but don't expect the same this week. I would expect a ten point spread or less.

Gallatin 24 Overton 17

Can't wait to see the Overton band.

Ok so your from Gallatin.. how can you say that a team is going to put up 17 on that D... I mean I can get you trying to be nice and not throw a big beat down score out there but lets not sugercoat..

Gallatin 54

Overton 10

I agree,

There should be a large crowd for the Wave Friday.

And none of the Nashville schools have proven that they know how to kick anything longer than an extra point, so I don't think they will be getting any FGs.

The Wave are 1-0 in "revenge" games from last year. I hope they are more focused for Overton than Wilson. They can't afford to play that way against a region foe.

They have been challenged- they trailed to Wilson Central for a half and still managed a double digit win.

The figures I just gave- in regards to rushing yards- are not at all misleading. When a team hands the football to a player and says "run", the offense expects to get at least three yards on every carry. Gallatin absolutly stuffed the Bears every time they tried to run.

14 carries- 22 yards. Those arent "misleading numbers".

Feel free to expound on your theory of "misleading numbers" in regards to how Antioch only got 22 yards on 14 carries. I love a good debate- but you are just talking out of your rear end.

I am not talking out of my rear. All I am saying is that there is more to an offense than running. You have to be able to pass to keep a defense honest. Yes Gallatins Dline did an incredible job. My hat is off to them. However Antioch was able to pass. also disagree with your comment that everytime a team runs the ball they expect to get at least three yards. How about a quarterback sneak? All around Gallatin is very fundamentally sound. They also have a couple of outstanding players, especially one of the linebackers. I expect them to go far into the playoffs. I just think that some of your comments, or stats, are actually misleading in regards to total offense. What won the game for Gallatin was special teams.

I am not talking out of my rear. All I am saying is that there is more to an offense than running. You have to be able to pass to keep a defense honest. Yes Gallatins Dline did an incredible job. My hat is off to them. However Antioch was able to pass. also disagree with your comment that everytime a team runs the ball they expect to get at least three yards. How about a quarterback sneak? All around Gallatin is very fundamentally sound. They also have a couple of outstanding players, especially one of the linebackers. I expect them to go far into the playoffs. I just think that some of your comments, or stats, are actually misleading in regards to total offense. What won the game for Gallatin was special teams.

I never gave any stats on total offense- you did. So my stats are anything but misleading. Refer back to the earlier post if you have to. I put up the rushing numbers only- plain as day.

I expect you to restract your statement. And in my experience if you run a QB sneak it is probably because you only need a few inches. Not as a play intented to actually gain any substantial yardage. So for my "comments" about rushing expectations to be deemed "misleading" Antioch's 14 rushing plays were all QB sneaks? Is that your arguement?

Feel free to apologize at your convenience.

Does anyone else find it interesting that every week Gallatin fans/players get on here and talk about how they will trounce the opponent and then create a conflict that doesn't exist.

For example, in this particular thread, the question is about who will win this weeks game against Overton. Since no Overton fans have been on here, the thread has turned into a thread about how much better Gallatin is than Metro so that the Gallatin have something to debate. In fact, I have noticed this same pattern every week.

There is no controversy people. Gallatin is good. Most of the Metro teams are down. These things ebb and flow. Overton is an average football team who is capable of beating Gallatin, but probably won't. In fact, Gallatin will probably win convincingly.

But please don't act like there is some sort of controversy.

Who has Maplewood played thats any good? Who has WhitesCreek played thats any good and actually won against? Hillsboro I will give you but the other two, give me a break.

Id take Maplewood over Gallatin any day!

and you cant give Hillsboro jack ... Maplewood running 5 - 4A.

Stat Fact Break

2006 Standings

Maplewood 3-0 6-0

Hillsboro 3-0 6-0

Team Offense

TEAM PPG

Maplewood 38.3

Hillsboro 35.8

Team Defense

TEAM PPG

Maplewood 11.2

Hillsboro 14.7

Edited by boski

Does anyone else find it interesting that every week Gallatin fans/players get on here and talk about how they will trounce the opponent and then create a conflict that doesn't exist.

For example, in this particular thread, the question is about who will win this weeks game against Overton. Since no Overton fans have been on here, the thread has turned into a thread about how much better Gallatin is than Metro so that the Gallatin have something to debate. In fact, I have noticed this same pattern every week.

There is no controversy people. Gallatin is good. Most of the Metro teams are down. These things ebb and flow. Overton is an average football team who is capable of beating Gallatin, but probably won't. In fact, Gallatin will probably win convincingly.

But please don't act like there is some sort of controversy.

A "contoversy" is usually when there is what we here on earth call a "cover-up" What "cover-up" do you see?

Secondly (since I started the post) the title of the Thread is "John Overton @ Gallatin 10-06-06". And then the subtitle says "Can anyone in Metro compete" with Gallatin".

The thread has not "turned into" anything other than the discussion I wanted. Other than that your post was dead-on.

Edited by just1np