John Overton @ Gallatin 10/06/06

just1np

Gallatin hosts Overton in week 7 on what I believe is Senior Night. Overton is coming off a loss to Hunters Lane, but has a win streak against Gallatin, beating them last year 31-16. Think the Wave has forgotten that? This will be an interesting game, but consider this:

Gallatin has outscored its region opponents (all Metro teams so far) 130-25. Put that together with the revenge factor from last year and Overton could be in for a lot of pain Friday.

Thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin hosts Overton in week 7 on what I believe is Senior Night. Overton is coming off a loss to Hunters Lane, but has a win streak against Gallatin, beating them last year 31-16. Think the Wave has forgotten that? This will be an interesting game, but consider this:

Gallatin has outscored its region opponents (all Metro teams so far) 130-25. Put that together with the revenge factor from last year and Overton could be in for a lot of pain Friday.

Thoughts?

All according if Overtons big play receiver is back from his concussion. That actually make this game close. But if they beat Antioch that bad last night...i really dont think anyone in metro can keep up with em.

All according if Overtons big play receiver is back from his concussion. That actually make this game close. But if they beat Antioch that bad last night...i really dont think anyone in metro can keep up with em.

I dissagree i think any team can hang with Gallatin.......dont get me wrong they have a great defense but their offense leaves something to be desired.......47 points but i doubt they had to drive 80 yards to score......if a team dosent turn the ball over to that dominate defense then Gallatin can be beat easily......but thats just it....thats the extreamly hard part....not only are they good but they put fear into every offense they play which leads to getting some easy turnovers....along with good special teams..........its about as hard as it sounds...u hit them in the mouth they bleed like everybody else.....a metro team just has to bully them the way they have been bullying everyone else

All of Gallatin's remaining Metro games are against teams that have beaten them in the last two or three years, Overton, Hunters Lane, and McGavock. So each team has proven that they aren't intimidated by Gallatin, but can they actually do anything on the field?

Nobody has been able to get more than two good drives against the Wave defense, so that side of the ball is pretty locked up- you get 14 points at most. The Gallatin offense is what has to be attacked. If Gallatin turns the ball over and gives up cheap scores then they can get beat. But if they hold on to the ball, stay patient, and give the defense a little breathing room then I'm not sure there is a team on the schedule that can beat them.

We'll see.

We are in the meat of the schedule- Harder ever week!!

All of Gallatin's remaining Metro games are against teams that have beaten them in the last two or three years, Overton, Hunters Lane, and McGavock. So each team has proven that they aren't intimidated by Gallatin, but can they actually do anything on the field?

Nobody has been able to get more than two good drives against the Wave defense, so that side of the ball is pretty locked up- you get 14 points at most. The Gallatin offense is what has to be attacked. If Gallatin turns the ball over and gives up cheap scores then they can get beat. But if they hold on to the ball, stay patient, and give the defense a little breathing room then I'm not sure there is a team on the schedule that can beat them.

We'll see.

We are in the meat of the schedule- Harder ever week!!

Gallatin will not lose in the regular season. If they stay healthy, I think they will go very deep in the play-offs.

Gallatin will not lose in the regular season. If they stay healthy, I think they will go very deep in the play-offs.

I think GHS goes deep as well, and wins the Overton game going away.

Based on results thus far, I'm going to say the 5A championship game is a matchup between two long-time Tennessee powers with long state title droughts: Gallatin vs. Dobyns-Bennett. I would love to see this matchup. Both have roadblocks in the playoffs - Ooltewah and Riverdale primarily for DBHS, Ridgeway and Franklin primarily for Gallatin - but that's my prediction for now.