John Overton @ Gallatin 10/06/06

just1np

A "contoversy" is usually when there is what we here on earth call a "cover-up" What "cover-up" do you see?

That's my point. There is none. But the posters who support Gallatin seem to think there is. There tone implies disrespect for their team, which hasn't happened.

Secondly (since I started the post) the title of the Thread is "John Overton @ Gallatin 10-06-06". And then the subtitle says "Can anyone in Metro compete" with Gallatin".

Yes, I know you subtitled your post that way. What relevance does it have? Only to insight people from Metro to come in and talk about their team so the Gallatin fans have someone to argue with.

Let me say what you all want to hear. Gallatin is good and will win the Region. But who cares how they'd do against Metro. Compare them to the other suburb schools. That's comparing apples to apples. My guess is Gallatin will not make it to the state finals because of the tough road they will have. They will have to play 3 Williamson County schools in a row to get to the semis. That's a tall order for any team in the state, even if they are the best.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argue, no. Debate, yes.

That's why we all get on here. To discuss "topics".

If you want to be vanilla then go be vanilla. But most of us like to get into discussions that have a little meat to them.

I get the impression that you want threads to be something like this:

"Who is going to win this weeks game?"

"BHS will win"

"I think MHS will win"

"I disaree"

"Good form old chap, riveting discussion"

Over 90% of Antioch's yards passing came against Gallatin's 2nd and 3rd teamers. I can only remember 1 completion while Gallatin's starters were in there.

Overton has the best runningback that we have faced so far. He has over 900 yards this year and is leading the region on the ground. I know that Overton's main reciever is back from an injury so that will be just another threat to the Wave.

I too am a little interested why no Overton supporters have come on board so far.

And to answer any random metro fan on here....yeah Gallatin doesn't like you so get over it. You are the enemy. We want to beat you in the ground. And guess what....you want to do the same to us. Any time a metro school beats Gallatin it is the biggest thing in the world to ya'll. I was hearing about the Hunters Lane game for 2 years after they beat us.

Gallatin leads the series 3-2 but Gallatin hasn't beaten Overton since 1984...in overtime. I was at that game and it still hurts. And last years game just made me sick. So I too hope for some revenge come Friday night.

I never gave any stats on total offense- you did. So my stats are anything but misleading. Refer back to the earlier post if you have to. I put up the rushing numbers only- plain as day.

I expect you to restract your statement. And in my experience if you run a QB sneak it is probably because you only need a few inches. Not as a play intented to actually gain any substantial yardage. So for my "comments" about rushing expectations to be deemed "misleading" Antioch's 14 rushing plays were all QB sneaks? Is that your arguement?

Feel free to apologize at your convenience.

I will think about apologizing. Hold on. Umm....Na....No need to apologize here. Just discussing football. As far as you giving running yardage you are correct. I was just pointing out the fact that there is more to an offense than running. Also your words were that everytime a runner gets the ball the expectation is to get at least three yards. I was giving you one circumstance where that is not true. And yes most of Antioch's rushing yards and even rushing plays were Quarterback sneaks, QB off tackle runs, etc. I can only remember their F back running three plays. So yeah, that is my argument. We can go on and on like this so how bout we just end this little bickering with me saying that Gallatin is a good team and did dominate the game on both sides of the ball. However, it was special teams that was the deciding factor.

Over 90% of Antioch's yards passing came against Gallatin's 2nd and 3rd teamers. I can only remember 1 completion while Gallatin's starters were in there.

Overton has the best runningback that we have faced so far. He has over 900 yards this year and is leading the region on the ground. I know that Overton's main reciever is back from an injury so that will be just another threat to the Wave.

I too am a little interested why no Overton supporters have come on board so far.

And to answer any random metro fan on here....yeah Gallatin doesn't like you so get over it. You are the enemy. We want to beat you in the ground. And guess what....you want to do the same to us. Any time a metro school beats Gallatin it is the biggest thing in the world to ya'll. I was hearing about the Hunters Lane game for 2 years after they beat us.

Gallatin leads the series 3-2 but Gallatin hasn't beaten Overton since 1984...in overtime. I was at that game and it still hurts. And last years game just made me sick. So I too hope for some revenge come Friday night.

Thats the truth!! and me being a metro fan ..hate your guts ..you in turn hate mine ..and your honest about it .. well that one line has a lil extra, but thats ok ..thats how you feel ... one thing though metro owns

Here is an interesting note:

Five of the Seven remaining 5A undefeateds play one loss teams Friday night. This could be a big time upset week.

Gwave is right about Overton's RB. He is averaging over 6 yards per carry. Thats pretty good. Gallatin will have to be on their toes. I can't wait to see this game.

P.S. Noone cares about 4A schools in here. This is a whole different class.

Edited by Gtowner

With the schools out for P-T confrences I hope the players stay focused. Last year we had this time off and it really showed at Overton. They are huge in the line and just as fast as they were last year. This is not going to be an easy game. Gallatin fans had better be prepared for a tough hard fought game this week.

Id take Maplewood over Gallatin any day!

and you cant give Hillsboro jack ... Maplewood running 5 - 4A.

Stat Fact Break

2006 Standings

Maplewood 3-0 6-0

Hillsboro 3-0 6-0

Team Offense

TEAM PPG

Maplewood 38.3

Hillsboro 35.8

Team Defense

TEAM PPG

Maplewood 11.2

Hillsboro 14.7

I thought this was a was an overton v.s. gallatin thread. Boski we will see about our two schools next week. I am picking the green wave here.

I thought this was a was an overton v.s. gallatin thread. Boski we will see about our two schools next week. I am picking the green wave here.

Well i heard Metro this and Metro that .. and it gets my blood going ... besides no one cares about the green wave ....thats some nasty stuff mold and moss and seaweed just out house nasty ..and i hope Overton ..pounds them again like they did last year ..that was so funny .. McGavock owned Gallatin a few years back now its Overtons time ..go Bobcats!!!

P.S.

Metro Owns You!! :thumb:

MHS Hater Patrol - letting haters have it!

Edited by boski

Overton comes in 3-3 with big wins against Glencliff (winless), Coffee Co. (3-4), and Antioch (3-4). Losses coming to Hillsboro (6-0 in 4A), Pearl Cohn (5-2 in 4A), and Hunters Lane (3-3).

So none of the teams that they have beaten have a winning record and two of their losses come to teams that are in a lower classification.

This game will probably be closer than we think, but don't base Overton's record off of the teams played. Hillsboro, 6-0, #3 ranked 4A team, Pearl-Cohn, 3A school, with losses to #6 Maplewood(6-0) and #11 Stratford(5-1), both 4A schools, and HL which is starting to hit their stride. Overton is not bad, be prepared. Also Antioch's record is 3-3.