DB Indians Host Sevier Co.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the following will go along way in determining wether or not we can hang with DB.

The battle in the trenches. Can the Bears O line open up a few running lanes for Thomas and give Watson enough time and space to operate against the vaulted Tribe defense? Can the Bears front seven put enough pressure on the Indians QB in passing situations or keep the DB runners from consistently grinding out first downs? No pressure and No containment equals No win for SCHS.

The Smoky Bears will have to have some success passing the ball to take pressure off of their running game. Feezel and company will have to bring their A game tonight and play better then they have recently. If we are unable to make some big plays through the air and become one dimensional the DB defense will stuff us like a Thanksgiving Turkey.

The offense must come out prepared and firing on all cylinders. We have to have some success early instead of wating until we fall behind before deciding to turn it on. With a fired up home crowd, that defense and an early lead DB will be like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

And finally, just like last year, mistakes (turnovers, penalties, etc.) will go a long way in determining the outcome. If we continue to lay the ball on the ground or commit stupid penalties then this game will be over before halftime. DB is too good and doesn't need any more help from us with a short field or extra defenders disguised as yellow flags.

After saying all of this I believe we will play better then our most recent couple of games have shown. However, DB is No. 1 in the state for a reason and just as you can't teach an old dog new tricks in the middle of the season I believe we will still implode on a couple of crucial plays and open the flood gates for a Tribe victory. As I said earlier, last year was our year to put an end to DB's winning streak against us, not this year.

DB - 31

Smoky Bears - 7

DB might b overlooking Sevier Co... ive been watching the bears practices n the players say this is one of the best weeks of practice they've ever had. The Knoxville News predicted DB by 7. DB is a great team, and they're number one in the state for a reason. That defense is great, and the offense gets the job done. But SC is no push over. Their defense is pretty solid and the offense makes big plays when needed, commanded by co-offensive player of the year corey watson. ive had the opportunity to talk with a few of the players, and they seemed to want this one pretty bad, especially the seniors. not only is it a very important region game, but its DB. and who wouldnt want to beat DB? im looking foward to watching this game. I believe sevier county sneaks by with a win

Final Prediction: SC--20 DB--14