CLINTON AND LENIOR CITY

NOGARDNAF

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the board everyone. Thecallmemiller, I hate to say it but I'm glad you quit. If you had half the heart of some of these kids, Clinton would be a better program. Bashing the coaches ain't helping either. Catlett had a decent team when he started. There wasn't anything about players going to AC, anything about equipment, no mumbling about why the middle school was winning and they weren't. He took a competetive team and ran it into the abyss that we are climbing out of today. Did we mention that the year before Andy took over the program, Clinton had about 25 kids dressing out. Lordy, The Claxton Cowboys Grass Hoppers had more kids dressing out than the High School team. From my perspective, I think Andy sees the bigger picture. He said before the season that he wasn't sure how the wins and loses would come out but that the team would be more entertaining. He has delivered on that promise! He is also self reflecting. He himself said that he wasn't a good offensive co. He basically fired himself and hired someone to improve that situation. The offense has struggled but with a thin crop of talent, Clinton did lose some key individuals. Our main receiver target got hurt during the Catholic scrimmage. Two starting running backs have been hurt. I know thats part of the game but we are rebuilding still. Regardless of what people think, it does take time. Look at it from the other side of the fence. Why is Maryville good year after year. Is it that their extremely lucky to have talent. Nope, their talent was being developed several years ago. That's why every year they seemingly have player after player come in a fill the void left behind. It could take another several years to turn this completely around. On a positive note, the only ones that I really hear placing blame are from the players that quit. This is typical of today's society. Whaaa! I'm telling my mommy on you. You called me a name and said that I stink. SEE YA! is what I think. Be a man, approach your coach in private and ask him to stop. I betting if you were at home playing "Grand Theft Auto" or sending instant messages on "MY Space", I bet then the language wouldn't even phase you. I'm a Christian and personally don't like being cussed at either but its part of the world and my Bible says not to judge. If being called a $@#*($&(@#* is the worst thing to ever happen to me, then I would consider myself lucky. High School is for building life long friendships and I promise you this, the blood, sweat and tears, shed on the football, is where a lot of those friendships will come from. JUST KEEPING IT REAL Mr. Miller.

As for the Dragons, believe in your coaching, believe in each other and under the Friday Night Lights, never surrender! Regardless of wins and loses, no one will ever understand what sacrifices you've made. Lastly, I want to challenge each and every one to do a little soul searching this off season. Think about what you can do to make the team better and make yourself better.

Welcome to the board everyone. Thecallmemiller, I hate to say it but I'm glad you quit. If you had half the heart of some of these kids, Clinton would be a better program. Bashing the coaches ain't helping either. Catlett had a decent team when he started. There wasn't anything about players going to AC, anything about equipment, no mumbling about why the middle school was winning and they weren't. He took a competetive team and ran it into the abyss that we are climbing out of today. Did we mention that the year before Andy took over the program, Clinton had about 25 kids dressing out. Lordy, The Claxton Cowboys Grass Hoppers had more kids dressing out than the High School team. From my perspective, I think Andy sees the bigger picture. He said before the season that he wasn't sure how the wins and loses would come out but that the team would be more entertaining. He has delivered on that promise! He is also self reflecting. He himself said that he wasn't a good offensive co. He basically fired himself and hired someone to improve that situation. The offense has struggled but with a thin crop of talent, Clinton did lose some key individuals. Our main receiver target got hurt during the Catholic scrimmage. Two starting running backs have been hurt. I know thats part of the game but we are rebuilding still. Regardless of what people think, it does take time. Look at it from the other side of the fence. Why is Maryville good year after year. Is it that their extremely lucky to have talent. Nope, their talent was being developed several years ago. That's why every year they seemingly have player after player come in a fill the void left behind. It could take another several years to turn this completely around. On a positive note, the only ones that I really hear placing blame are from the players that quit. This is typical of today's society. Whaaa! I'm telling my mommy on you. You called me a name and said that I stink. SEE YA! is what I think. Be a man, approach your coach in private and ask him to stop. I betting if you were at home playing "Grand Theft Auto" or sending instant messages on "MY Space", I bet then the language wouldn't even phase you. I'm a Christian and personally don't like being cussed at either but its part of the world and my Bible says not to judge. If being called a $@#*($&(@#* is the worst thing to ever happen to me, then I would consider myself lucky. High School is for building life long friendships and I promise you this, the blood, sweat and tears, shed on the football, is where a lot of those friendships will come from. JUST KEEPING IT REAL Mr. Miller.

As for the Dragons, believe in your coaching, believe in each other and under the Friday Night Lights, never surrender! Regardless of wins and loses, no one will ever understand what sacrifices you've made. Lastly, I want to challenge each and every one to do a little soul searching this off season. Think about what you can do to make the team better and make yourself better.

OUTSTANDING POST !! That's what I was trying to tell him ... only you said it much better . A few less quitters , and a few more tough , hard working young men is all Clinton needs .

I'll bet you were not complaining then, when your son won it. No one at the middle school that I know of has ever told the kids they are state champs, but yes, they have one the only championship they can. Why does that matter anyway? Should the middle school just lose so the kids can get used to it? Come on, you should be proud of the kids. A winning tradition is established in middle school, carried over into Freshman ball and then is lost in the shuffle. It is up to the high school coaches to keep the kids hungry and motivated. When the middle school wins they have set the precedent. What is the record of the past three freshmen teams? I would say that it would be pretty good, great even. It is pretty sad when we blame our failures at the high school level on the success of the middle school. Does that even make sense? Besides, this is a high school thread and our kids are in high school. The way you build a program is to forget about the past and look to the future. We have to be more than tired of losing to get better, we have to be prepared to win.

You seem to be bitter about who the coaches are at the High School. Were you a candidate?

[

i think that the coaches should be the players best friends, make sure every kid gets to play and leaves with a smile. in order to be the coach that people want you should have "coach" written on the back of your shirt and set up pool parties for the kids, but you better win every game cause the middle school does. why dont they just run that 4-4 stack and blitz every play like the middle school or like past football minds at clinton high. maybe they should get in the i or the wing t and get absolutely ball batted! i am pretty sure that you can all see that the coaching staff is short handed compared to most staffs you see on other teams in our region. i am pretty sure practice starts after school so why doesnt ballcoach2323 and beagleboy show up and help those poor foul mouth dumb coaches out. until then i think they should probably get off the coaches back, and quit babying the kids that could be part of the problem to begin with

Personally qb I don't think we would want them around our team.

You seem to be bitter about who the coaches are at the High School. Were you a candidate?

NOOOOOOO Way, just a fan of the kids. I am not bitter about the situation, may have sounded that way now that I read the posts, just want the best for these young men. I don't even coach just thought it was a good name, and, well, Michael Jordan is my favorite athlete, thus 2323 because I think he was two times as good as everyone else! I don't mean to be critical either, just so hungry for some wins! Ultimately, improvement is measured by the W's and L's. Should, well let's say could, get another W Friday Night. By the way, the all black is good to see again!

Listen Man I didn't really wanna quit i love the game of football i still eat sleep and drink it but sometimes there are things more important than the game which is what it is. i'll give it to the guys they work their butts off 3 hours a day 4 days a week then go out and play on Friday nights. i never blasted the players my best friend plays and starts both ways most of the games. i blast "Coach" Andy he stinks end of story i left yes but that doesn't mean i don't know whats going on there and pepvol unless you go to Clinton and Stay and watch practice sometime like i have or you play for the Dragons. Then Shut up please. it all starts at the top with Andy and maybe even the AD at Clinton has a little bit to do with it too but he'll probably suspend me for saying something bad about him on here. because he doesn't like me for some reason. guess thats what happens when my brother gives him Chocolate Ex Lax

I second the AD problem (the AD is clueless)

Blah Blah Blah that's all i ever hear from u ppl this is TheyCallMeMiller under my other name. yes i have 2 but unlike other ppl i'll tell u who i am. and all the dragons that have so much pride and are saying i'm full of crap and all unless your name is Lucas, Alex, Chase, Dustin, Zac or any of the other starters I don't care if u want to say something to me do it at school and not talk smack to me on freaking Coach T. Is it basketball season. and thanks for who ever backed me up on the AD being an idiot

"Miller" Andy does know what he's doing, Coach Phillips and marsh know what they're doing. I talked to some of the players, they say you ain't even been to the practice since the new coaches have beeen there. The Coaches want to win, they know how, the schemes are sound, it's up to the players, almost all the starters especially the senior ones, that it's about the want to of the player, they trust there coaches, it's the fact of , the players wanting to learn the offense, learn the defense, know the proper techniques and apply them, the coaches, find the best 11 and play them. so if they cuss , rant and rave so be it. they're trying to get a little bit of excitement on the field for once, there hasn't been much in the past few years. Alot of the seniors wish they had another year w/ the coaches cause they trust in them for once. they trust the system , they've seen it work at other levels , Clinton can be as good as they want, it's up to the players... plain and simple. scheme,technique, it's all perfect. now it's up to the players.. as for Miller, sayin andy doesn't know.. he does.. he tries, he wants the best for his players. but the fact remains such as QB#7 said , the staff is very short handed.. that might of been one slip up. and the A.D. ain't stupid..there has been alot of support into the football program.. it's increasin, it's up to the players. and the fact that clinton does have alot of younger ones.. they need to listen to some of the seniors, they know what they're talking about.. size doesn't matter.. plain and simple.. if they listen, respect, apply everything they will be successful , in the game and after high school...