Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

I don't think you can say much about any team based on on or two scrimmages. We all know that the purpose of a season is to get better as it goes on. If I was a betting man I would bet on Greeneville winning another conference championship. I really don't know if Central or Greeneville are in a bad sitution. I think that Central has potential to be a good team this year and maybe upset the DB's and Science Hill's.

As far as Wiggins being one of the top 3 players in the region I would have to disagree. Wiggins is probably one of the top 3 players in the state. I have watched him in all of their scrimmages and he is the real deal. This year he is healthy, stronger and more balanced. Greeneville has some good support players that are around him that will help them have a good season. Just like any other team, Greeneville will go as far as their horse takes them.

Anyways good luck to everyone and let your games speak for themselves.

As far as I’ve seen Wiggins isn’t ranked in the state on any “short list”. Not saying he’s not good enough but in all reality he’s not on the map. With that said…I was sincerely giving him a complement with my remarks in that post but you had to take it to the next level. Now I will be labeled as being a Wiggins hater when in fact that’s not true. I’m only stating the facts.

You obviously don’t have a clue of what you’re going to come up against should you have to play DB or SHHS if you think Central is in the same sentence with these two programs! But you will SOON see!! I don’t know anything about any scrimmages, but the fact that Central did fairly well against Greenville only says to me that you are both mediocre teams. :lol::lol:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now, I am not THAT old! We did have electricity and running water in the schools in those days...and you'd have to have been around someplace to have sons playing against mine...but, I will graciously accept any recognition you and WaCo want to put forth...(remember, I am talking about a Big 9 conference football championship and I think that is their only one).

Roll Tribe Roll

Not you Skunk…I was campaigning for brock. And I think I probably got a head start on ya in the “son” department. :lol:

Cap...I'd say the Indians would have a leg to stand on...or did I just miss the ship you are referring to?

Roll Tribe Roll

Maybe they DID…but if I remember correctly that leg was kicked out from under them two weeks ago approximately a week ahead of the Vikings and the Rebels but definitely on queue!!! :):lol::lol:

From a head to head stand point (which is the only way to judge), I'll take the legs we were standing on...and my boys are the third, fourth, and fifth inline of my children, so maybe we are not so far apart in our start times, but I am sure older than you and most of the whippersnappers from Central (who, I think, are really going to be better than you think they are)...but I think I am younger than WaCo...

But back to hoops...don't you expect the Vikings to be more athletic, overall, this year?

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Greenville fans post as if they are poised for another conference championship. I frankly think they are in almost the same situation that Central is in. Wiggins is without a doubt one of the top 3 players in this region…but just like Hess he’s by himself. And unless they have him bringing the ball down court, shooting threes, and posting up in the middle like he tried to do last year, Greenville is also in for a rude awakening…especially come regional tournament time!

Now Cap, just WHO else could possibly win the IMAC this year besides Greeneville?

Watched them flat whoop up on Stone Memorial in Tuesday's HOF game. They have a decent point guard in Gash and seem to move the ball well. Guard play is a little off from last year but its early and Duncan should have them whipped into shape in no time.

BTW... I also could not find early in-state player rankings but Rivals has Wiggins #45 in country for small forwards...the only ranked small forward on this list from TN.

well i was at the Big 9 jamboree and once again Sullivan Central brought out a crowd with more class then i have seen or heard in a long time. No fans were out of line towards one player, and if they were yelling at a single player, they certaintly didnt stop yelling at that person when Central lost by 11. I wish all schools had the class Sullivan Central brings to every game. Its jut great to see we still have some schools with character.

well i was at the Big 9 jamboree and once again Sullivan Central brought out a crowd with more class then i have seen or heard in a long time. No fans were out of line towards one player, and if they were yelling at a single player, they certaintly didnt stop yelling at that person when Central lost by 11. I wish all schools had the class Sullivan Central brings to every game. Its jut great to see we still have some schools with character.

Well you started this crap so let me tell you about your real classy D.B. fans.... One of your parents yelled at some of the students from Central for cheering for the cougars and would not quit until some of centrals parents told him they were just high school kid and he needed to not worry about them and mind his own business... And to beat it all he himself was yelling at Hess from central!!!! So there is your classy D.B. fans, another school with great character.....

All I want to know is...did the South cheerleaders join in to help Central and was the Greenville cheerleaders there also?

Well you started this crap so let me tell you about your real classy D.B. fans.... One of your parents yelled at some of the students from Central for cheering for the cougars and would not quit until some of centrals parents told him they were just high school kid and he needed to not worry about them and mind his own business... And to beat it all he himself was yelling at Hess from central!!!! So there is your classy D.B. fans, another school with great character.....

My Dad can beat up your Dad :lol:

HMMMM, i wonder what the Central kids were yelling at. Maybe they were saying things like "throp you have more fouls then points," not " Go cougars GO, go Curgars go!!" And Hess showed alot of class defending the man with 2 seconds left in the game and tipping it out of bounds when he was down by 11. HESS FOR PREZ BABY!!!!

Well while the most of the Big 9 teams were battling it out. THe Toppers had their 1st game and demolished Morristown East 85 to 45... Ashlon Adams led the way with 15. Wattad had 13 and Avery had 14. Wattad also finished with 9 boards and 7 assists. He played point guard the whole game and showed everyone in attendance that he is a complete player...defensively, rebounding, and most of all HIS VISION WAS AMAZING. he was making passes that would hit his teammates in the chest before they knew they had it. COMPLETE PLAYER. Everyone who thinks Ashlon Adams has a bad attitude is sadly mistaken. He played hard and knocked down shots and was very emotional on the bench as far as cheering. The whole team was.

Great win Toppers!