Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

....or to take that one step further. Ever tried to handle a wounded Wildcat?!

Things have not gone from bad to worse, they have gone from status quo to a new and exciting challenge! One we can except and build on, go and grow! Athletes who look at this as a challenge instead of a problem will be the ones that excel! I kinda expect the team to rise to the level of this challenge and get creative. While an opposing team sees this first as a devastating blow, they soon realize all of a sudden they have no idea what this team will do or how they will operate as there is no film or prior experience to draw from. Never know what direction a 'Cat stalking you will take!

GO GET 'EM CATS! ROLL WILDCATS ROLL B)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Cats will rise up and put all of the WB fans out of their misery. Wildcats ARE backed into a corner, but I thing this may be the thing to make them pull together as a unit...or they may fall apart.

Either way, I think Stanton will have the young 'Cats ready. WB fans, don't you think Connor will be ready to tear someone's head off now that he doesn't have to worry about the other side of the ball now???

Yeah ... denlron, those penalties really worked against you guys. Be careful what you wish for ... remember, this time (if it ever happens) even if we come to your place ... it won't be "your" officials--it will be a crew from an outside region. It's wrong to look forward I know ... BUT ... if it happened, I figure with fair officiating, our qb having several more games under his belt (Ooltewah was his first game), and WB have the services of some key players they didn't have in the earlier match-up they would be favored to win.

But that's all 'candy and nuts' ... we've got to try to figure out how to maybe beat OR for the first time ever. No way you can favor the Govs, not matter who OR has missing. We HAVE to prove ourselves.

As far as the statement about OR's backs being better than WB's. If they are, that's saying a bunch. Last week, vs Farragut, was the first game we've played that I thought we saw a better back than Darren Walker. If OR's is better, he's gotta be a hoss.

GovMan, I like most of your posts and you are a great fan of your team but in responding to my comment about the RB advantage that I think OR has is not "Saying a bunch".

Not picking on any kid because it is all about coaching. In two games I've watched one live and one on film, Walker goes into the line after the hand off deliberate looking. He does not hit the hole with any speed, which he clearly has. Baskin is small and fast but at the 5A level you got to be able to break a tackle and he simply is not strong enough, IMO. Worse that ole' form of the WANG-TEE scheme will never work vs. today’s position ready and speedy defenses employed by the better teams these days.

Worse, if WB does not beat OR I don't think they will make the post season. I expect Farragut to beat B. Central and be 4-0, Ooltewah should beat Heritage to also be 4-0, If OR does beat WB they will be 3-1 and if McMinn bets Soddy they will be 2-2 and 4th in the region. Bradley has Heritage, WB and McMinn to go and could win two of those to also be ahead of W Blount as well . W Blount has two games they should win, but I don't think it will be enough. With McMinn beating OR last week they have played themselves into a very possible play-off 4th seed leaving WB at home handing in their equipment and maybe looking for another head coach.

Sorry that is just the way I see it shacking out GovMan. Wish the news was better but it just isent!

Some think WB has an advantage on paper? Really. 0-12 all-time. OR's QB being out is huge but WB does not have a passing game with the starter in the game. This makes this a smash mouth, up the middle one dimensional game for both teams. I think Bingham and Helton of OR are better backs than Walker and Baskin are and the ole' Wang-Tea WB's Meadows uses is not very effective. OR is hurt because Coach SS likes to throw the skin about 1/3rd of the time, and I am not sure it would be as effective with a first time starter under center.

I see a low scoring game and another un-happy ending for the gov's.

OR 17

WB 6 (Two Field Goals)

Everyone read this guy's comment. He knows everything. He's sitting here questioning William Blounts running game, and praising OR's passing game having read the last ten posts about how Connor Gulmire is hurt, and theres a gigantic question mark playing quarterback this week. And have you not forgotten that it was an absolute war last year bw these 2 teams at OR when OR was oh so much stronger than what they are now. And it is not Baskin and Walker u have to worry about, it is Walker and Walker. . on both sides of the ball.

It was 27-6, not too close for an absolute war.

Everyone read this guy's comment. He knows everything. He's sitting here questioning William Blounts running game, and praising OR's passing game having read the last ten posts about how Connor Gulmire is hurt, and theres a gigantic question mark playing quarterback this week. And have you not forgotten that it was an absolute war last year bw these 2 teams at OR when OR was oh so much stronger than what they are now. And it is not Baskin and Walker u have to worry about, it is Walker and Walker. . on both sides of the ball.

As far as the statement about OR's backs being better than WB's. If they are, that's saying a bunch. Last week, vs Farragut, was the first game we've played that I thought we saw a better back than Darren Walker. If OR's is better, he's gotta be a hoss.

LOL.........you just lost all my respect regarding your football knowledge Govman. Tank Baker is a much better back than Walker. Walker is a nice back but not even in the same league as Tank. Hope you guys win.....good luck

ML,

I was just baiting you guys ... I knew you all wouldn't miss a chance to put us WB folks in our place :lol: (you think Tank is actually five times better than Darren, huh?) . :lol:

FBE,

Thanks for the look into the crystal ball. I'll cancel any plans I had to be at a WB playoff game.

LovesFootball,

Ooltewah--in my opinion, I don't know much about hs football--is extremely overrated. Maryville 'whupped us --- Farragut beat us "fair and square" --- Oltewah got "a huge gift handed to them". But as you've alluded, don't put much stock in my words ... I'm just a William Blount fan who doesn't know much about the game. BTW, I am a nice guy. Good luck this week.

Hey Mr Govman. Tell me once more what you think the score is going to be tonight?

ML,

I was just baiting you guys ... I knew you all wouldn't miss a chance to put us WB folks in our place :blink: (you think Tank is actually five times better than Darren, huh?) . :D

FBE,

Thanks for the look into the crystal ball. I'll cancel any plans I had to be at a WB playoff game.

LovesFootball,

Ooltewah--in my opinion, I don't know much about hs football--is extremely overrated. Maryville 'whupped us --- Farragut beat us "fair and square" --- Oltewah got "a huge gift handed to them". But as you've alluded, don't put much stock in my words ... I'm just a William Blount fan who doesn't know much about the game. BTW, I am a nice guy. Good luck this week.

I would write Oak Ridge off just yet. I kinda get the impression ole Billy Blounts Govs think it's going to easy with OR's QB out. Let me give you a visual; Ever seen a Wild animal backed in a corner with no where to go? Your gonna have a fight on your hands.

Maybe you should read instead of getting impressions. Govman and myself (who are 2 of the more intelligent gov fans I know) have both said that WB is not favored in this game. As the Govman said, until you beat a team once, how could you ever be favored. Quit trying to make it out as though OR is an underdog. That is absurd.

Govman, I am so amazed by your posts week in and week out. I think you probably are a nice guy. You have to be the biggest fan of any team I have ever seen. So you think Ooltewah is not getting better? ONLY the mighty Govs are getting better.What you say is never logical. One thing you said is right. You have to prove yourself. Maybe you will this week. All I hear is about how great the GOVS are. Who have you beaten? I know you AlMOST beat Ooltewah and Farragut and now that OR's QB is hurt many GOV posters on here are talking about when they get to play the OWLS again. Good luck cause I know you think youll go far in the playoffs. I wouldn't bet you make it past DB and yes I bet you are going to be there the first game. That is if you beat a fired up Mcminn team. Listen to yourself. You figure WB would be favored to win against the Owls? Maybe in Billy Blount world. You are a trip! If the Owls lose to OR and Farragut which I don't expect them to lose to both. They will have still won more than the GOVS including beating them. And you figure they would be the underdog team? And ETCOACH says I don't know HS football. :blink: And

Why, lover of football, would you put words in the mouths of others. Who said that WB would go far in the playoffs. How could we possibly think that when we have never made it past the 2nd round???? Once again, you assume what people think. I sure don't think that. Not all of us are as blinded as you might believe.