Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

GovMan, I like most of your posts and you are a great fan of your team but in responding to my comment about the RB advantage that I think OR has is not "Saying a bunch".

Not picking on any kid because it is all about coaching. In two games I've watched one live and one on film, Walker goes into the line after the hand off deliberate looking. He does not hit the hole with any speed, which he clearly has. Baskin is small and fast but at the 5A level you got to be able to break a tackle and he simply is not strong enough, IMO. Worse that ole' form of the WANG-TEE scheme will never work vs. today’s position ready and speedy defenses employed by the better teams these days.

Worse, if WB does not beat OR I don't think they will make the post season. I expect Farragut to beat B. Central and be 4-0, Ooltewah should beat Heritage to also be 4-0, If OR does beat WB they will be 3-1 and if McMinn bets Soddy they will be 2-2 and 4th in the region. Bradley has Heritage, WB and McMinn to go and could win two of those to also be ahead of W Blount as well . W Blount has two games they should win, but I don't think it will be enough. With McMinn beating OR last week they have played themselves into a very possible play-off 4th seed leaving WB at home handing in their equipment and maybe looking for another head coach.

Sorry that is just the way I see it shacking out GovMan. Wish the news was better but it just isent!

While you are talking playoff scenarios, let me shed a little more detailed look at the postseason situation. First of all, Farragut and Ooltewah are both in...guaranteed barring some miraculous loss that is not going to happen. Next, Heritage, Soddy, and Bradley are out barring a couple of incredible upsets. That leaves McMinn, WB, and ORHS playing for 2 spots. The current standings have OR 2-1, WB and McMinn 1-2. The key for WB is to win either against OR or McMinn and then beat Bradley and Heritage. That would give them 4 wins. Now, the only way WB could not get in with 4 wins would be if OR beat WB, and then lost to OOltewah and Farragut leaving them with 4 wins while in the meantime McMinn beats Soddy, Bradley and Heritage which would give them 4 wins. Now all 3 teams are 4-3 and they each have beaten each other. Also, all three teams are 2-1 outside of the region. It then goes to the 3rd tiebreaker which I am not aware of what it is. If OR beats WB and also is able to beat Farragut or Ooltewah, that would give them 5 wins which would take them out of the tiebreaker between Wb and McMinn..thus, if WB beats McMinn, WB would own the head to head. It is always fun to look at the scenarios..we have a lot of experience at working our tail off every year just trying to get in. It would be nice to be Farragut/Ooltewah right now because all they have to worry about is whether they are going to host a game or two.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you are talking playoff scenarios, let me shed a little more detailed look at the postseason situation. First of all, Farragut and Ooltewah are both in...guaranteed barring some miraculous loss that is not going to happen. Next, Heritage, Soddy, and Bradley are out barring a couple of incredible upsets. That leaves McMinn, WB, and ORHS playing for 2 spots. The current standings have OR 2-1, WB and McMinn 1-2. The key for WB is to win either against OR or McMinn and then beat Bradley and Heritage. That would give them 4 wins. Now, the only way WB could not get in with 4 wins would be if OR beat WB, and then lost to OOltewah and Farragut leaving them with 4 wins while in the meantime McMinn beats Soddy, Bradley and Heritage which would give them 4 wins. Now all 3 teams are 4-3 and they each have beaten each other. Also, all three teams are 2-1 outside of the region. It then goes to the 3rd tiebreaker which I am not aware of what it is. If OR beats WB and also is able to beat Farragut or Ooltewah, that would give them 5 wins which would take them out of the tiebreaker between Wb and McMinn..thus, if WB beats McMinn, WB would own the head to head. It is always fun to look at the scenarios..we have a lot of experience at working our tail off every year just trying to get in. It would be nice to be Farragut/Ooltewah right now because all they have to worry about is whether they are going to host a game or two.

I now know the third tiebreaker. It is wins versus teams that have won over 50% of their games. In this scenario, OR would be the odd man out because they would not have beaten a team outside their region with a winning record, yet WB would have 1 (Sev Co) and McMinn would have 1 (Rhea Co). This is all irrelevant, of course if it does not end in a 3 way tie at 4-3.

Hey Mr ETCOACH. What is prediction of the game tonight between WB and OR?

I now know the third tiebreaker. It is wins versus teams that have won over 50% of their games. In this scenario, OR would be the odd man out because they would not have beaten a team outside their region with a winning record, yet WB would have 1 (Sev Co) and McMinn would have 1 (Rhea Co). This is all irrelevant, of course if it does not end in a 3 way tie at 4-3.

ML,

I was just baiting you guys ... I knew you all wouldn't miss a chance to put us WB folks in our place :thumb: (you think Tank is actually five times better than Darren, huh?) . :ph34r:

Got to keep you in line Govman. I did retract the "five times" in an edit. Good luck tonight. I think 4.3 times in more accurate.... :D

Ooltewah--in my opinion, I don't know much about hs football--is extremely overrated. Maryville 'whupped us --- Farragut beat us "fair and square" --- Oltewah got "a huge gift handed to them". But as you've alluded, don't put much stock in my words ... I'm just a William Blount fan who doesn't know much about the game. BTW, I am a nice guy. Good luck this week.

Did I hit a nerve?..... that is the goal you know....... :ph34r:

Good luck tonight. Looks like OR is ripe for an upset.... not that it would be a big upset IMO.... :thumb:

Good post coach with the run down. Can't imange OR not getting in! would feel strange.

GovMan you don't win tonight I might think about planning something else the first round of the play-offs, if I were you! But good luck, but after that bull printed in last Sundays maryville fish wrap written by a william blount fan calling the reb players "Dis-respectful" I'm finding it hard to pull for your gov's!

I think Heritage will beat you too!

Wow, great win for WB. Saves WB's post season chances and shows how far OR has fallen from last year.

MLREB called it "Looks like OR is ripe for an upset". Congratz to GovMan and his team.

well much as I hate to say it it's

Owls 10-0

Farragut

WB

McMinn

and OR is left out this year.

This was a great game by both teams...excellent effort of OR defense holding WB scoreless until about 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter...then 3 drives give the Govs 21 points to put them in a position to win. IMO, the OR defense just got plain tired at the end and momentum was too high to stop the govs. Again...great game by both teams!