Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

Amen to the chipperjones. Just about every team Union City faced last year even all the way had the inside game. We ( Union City ) have an inside game as well that everyone never finds out until it's to LATE: ( Inside Your Head ) player.

Union City was outmanned just about to every team that THOUGHT they had the inside game on us but with Shane & Marty on the bench, " Thats OUR Inside Game ".

Every team Union Cityn has faced the year we have won the GOLD BALLS ( Hummmm, I beleive that is ( 4 ) of them ) has had inside games and the Sisco dueo has been on the bench.

Let everyone talk their game but when the tournament time comes around Union City will make everyone nervous and be playing to the top of their game.

Last year Union City had trouble with Humboldt's inside game, Union City lost 3 out the 4 times they played Humboldt. Although Humboldt may have lost Rose they still have a great inside game with Saine and Epperson coming back along with Deandre Perry and Charles Taylor, both of them are two tall talented sophomores.

Edited by VikingFan9

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre Whitehead posted his prediction on 1a across the state. It is located on unapproved website dot com. Bigster you will like this one.

Thanks Lake Co..I read that after I saw your post...You would know or you have probably already seen Lake Co in a practice or a scrimmage...I keep seeing his name and know who he is....but in your opinion ...Is Jackie Johnson the real deal...I haven't seen him since last year and a lot of players do get better..so..if you are the coach...is he your starter over Copeland?I'm sure both would play either way and probably about the same amount of minutes..but is Johnson a good defender,rebounder..agressive...can he keep someone from owning the paint?Just curious ..as for your opionion..I really hope he is that good!

Last year Humbolt was by far the most athletic team in the state tournament. We were very good but Humbolt's athletic abilty was too much. We could have won but they shot like 65% and we shot 35%. That wasn't very Cosby like at all. The Humbolt scouting report didn't have them shooting the ball well at all. Were back. The team is alot deeper this year and I'm looking forward to this year. Hampton is getting way too much praise on here. We beat them 25 in the substate and we return a lot of guys.

Last year Humbolt was by far the most athletic team in the state tournament. We were very good but Humbolt's athletic abilty was too much. We could have won but they shot like 65% and we shot 35%. That wasn't very Cosby like at all. The Humbolt scouting report didn't have them shooting the ball well at all. Were back. The team is alot deeper this year and I'm looking forward to this year. Hampton is getting way too much praise on here. We beat them 25 in the substate and we return a lot of guys.

Hampton's got the talent to make it to state, but they don't have a coach... McClain couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag... But I guess you don't have to be qualified for the job you want when your daddy is the head of the school board :thumb: ...

Thanks Lake Co..I read that after I saw your post...You would know or you have probably already seen Lake Co in a practice or a scrimmage...I keep seeing his name and know who he is....but in your opinion ...Is Jackie Johnson the real deal...I haven't seen him since last year and a lot of players do get better..so..if you are the coach...is he your starter over Copeland?I'm sure both would play either way and probably about the same amount of minutes..but is Johnson a good defender,rebounder..agressive...can he keep someone from owning the paint?Just curious ..as for your opionion..I really hope he is that good!

Jackie is goin to be a real good player for Lake County. He is a real good shot blocker and has very good range on his shot. I think that he can start over Copeland because he is 6'5 and can shoot. Copeland is goin to get alot of min because he is stronger that anyone on the court and will get alot of rebounds and stickbacks. But Jackie is the most inproved player along with Russel that i've seen for lake co. And Spinger had a big summer that leave you thinking that he could be one of the best guards in the state. Only thing he needs to work on is attacking the basket more and he might be the best two guard in the state.

My top eight will be something like this

1. Union City-- Even be a Lake County fan i've got to go with a team that won state in the district. But repeating will be even tougher with some inexperience players in the post. Will really miss the x-man and Quis. But MJ Brown is a star in the making.

2.Lake County-- Seen them in summer leagues and some of the players on the aau travin teams. Lots of size and tons of athleticism. Brandon and Channing might be the best two wing players in the state in single a.

3.Temple-- Alwayes seems to find thereselfs at the campus of mtsu. Got upset in substate but i expect a showing in this tournment.

4.Culleoko-- I'm not sold on this team. Has the easyest road to mtsu but got upset in the substate. Having a player like demario and still cant get to state going trough competition like what was at the campus of middle tn. is a disgrace. But for the easyest road i've have to rank yall 4 by the fault. Yall should be the only sure thing going to state.

5.Grace-- With some experence at guard would help. But having the second best post player in the state will repesent yall as the 5th best team in the state.

6.Humboldt-- Lack of deph. at guard will doom this team from making it to mtsu. But are they big inside. Derek Sain is goin to have a huge year and Ej. is a strong moster inside with the ugliest free throw shot i've ever witness in my short life. (Maybe someone can show him to shoot granny style. it couldnt hurt.)

7.Cosby-- Ran into a buss saw in the tournment. But this team does a good job of possition themselves to make a run to the tournment every year.

8.Halls-- This team is short on deph. but Demarkas Patrick can carry this team in streches. C. harris is a beast inside and rebounds and playes with alot of heart. But the lack of deph. at point and post will doom this team.

And i think that Lake Co. will play Union City in the title game to see who will win it all.

Halls number 8? Where is peabody? :D

All I can say is that NO-BODY needs to sleep on Adamville... They will sweep through District-15A AGAIN...

They played great in the Region Tournament last year. They killed themselves against Middle College in a close loss.

They are returning a Center... Brett "Beefy" Jackson that will be finely tuned come tournament time. And they've added a little incentive to go along with the 6'5" Center... A boy that makes even Jackson look small.

I think teams will have a lot of trouble defending the paint against Adamsville, and stopping the fast breaks. This team hustles... plays defense... and does not lose at home...

Don't sleep on ADAMSVILLE....

Edited by A_Alexander2

All I can say is that NO-BODY needs to sleep on Adamville... They will sweep through District-15A AGAIN...

They played great in the Region Tournament last year. They killed themselves against Middle College in a close loss.

They are returning a Center... Brett "Beefy" Jackson that will be finely tuned come tournament time. And they've added a little incentive to go along with the 6'5" Center... A boy that makes even Jackson look small.

I think teams will have a lot of trouble defending the paint against Adamsville, and stopping the fast breaks. This team hustles... plays defense... and does not lose at home...

Don't sleep on ADAMSVILLE....

Adamsville couldn't play in the paint or run with Humboldt or Lake Co in my opinion...

Konw its early, but I'd say Friendship. Clay has only 3 or 4 returning from the whole varsity squad this year.

I wouldn't count out the boys down in Jackson County if i were you. They lost one player off of last years team that beat friendship in the region and should be an even better team this year. They also beat Clay Co., Pickett Co. and Culleoka last year. Their hall of fame game against Grace may open some eyes.

Hmmm.... You have a point there. Temple has to play Clay - again.

I see Picket Co. winning the region but if they finish second it wouldn't be to Clay Co. it would be to Jackson Co. They are the only team in that region that will give Pickett a loss in the district but it won't matter as the two teams coming out of our region down here, whether it be Grace, CSAS, or Temple will go to the state. I don't see any team up there beating the teams down here but stranger things have happened. Temple plays AT Pickett Co. the day after Thanksgiving so we'll see!