• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Twins are now for sure facing an up hill battle. The M and M boys struggle today and didn't give Santana any run support. I think the A's have better starting pitching the rest of the way and it looks like they may be on their way to the ALCS. The A's need to win in 4 cause you don't want to have to face Johan in a Game 5 at Minn.

Thoughts from day 1.....

Twins are done.

Cards looked decent with their "regular" lineup on the field (for the 2nd time since August 15). Still skiddish on Jeff Weaver starting a postseason game.

Yankees lineup is as good as advertised, but...........

Am I the only person who isn't awestruck by Jeter? Yeah, he had a really good game last night. But he's also a career .268 postseason hitter. Where he ranks near the top of statistical categories, it's because he's played 4 times the number of games as other people (such as hits, doubles, totals bases, even strikeouts). If anyone can tell me when he showed up in the clutch besides that play against Oakland, I would appreciate it.

Am I the only person who isn't awestruck by Jeter? Yeah, he had a really good game last night. But he's also a career .268 postseason hitter. Where he ranks near the top of statistical categories, it's because he's played 4 times the number of games as other people (such as hits, doubles, totals bases, even strikeouts). If anyone can tell me when he showed up in the clutch besides that play against Oakland, I would appreciate it.

I totally agree about the Jeter thing I think that he is a wonderful player but, I just don't see why he gets the hoopla. that is the only clutch play he has had in the post season. People act like the game that he went in the stands against the Red Sox was but it was like in May.

My predictions of the playoffs is if the A's can preform at this level they can compete with the Yankees and even though with the pitching woes of the Mets and the Cards, and with Peavey calling out Piazza. I just feel the Mets have to potent of an offense they will probably score alot of runs but give up alot of runs. I really see another Subway series comming up.

Also how embaresing was the Double play at the plate against the Dodgers.

The great thing about playoff series is that any game can swing a series dramatically. The Mets and Yankees and esp A's now look like locks to advance. But what if Detroit and LA win today, it's 1-1 and we got a series. Even the A's, it the Twins can somehow scrape out a W in game 3, it's 2-1, Santana in game 4 and home in game 5, who knows. In a 5 game series, anything can happen. But it could just as easily (and maybe more likely), we could all be 3 game sweeps.

Cardinals-Padres, Cardinals have to win game 2 or 3 and will come back with Carpenter in game 4 to wrap it up. Way too many pitching holes to be confident of victory, but if Edmonds, Rolen and Eckstein get rolling a little to help Albert, good chance of getting to next round.

I totally agree about the Jeter thing I think that he is a wonderful player but, I just don't see why he gets the hoopla. that is the only clutch play he has had in the post season. People act like the game that he went in the stands against the Red Sox was but it was like in May.

My predictions of the playoffs is if the A's can preform at this level they can compete with the Yankees and even though with the pitching woes of the Mets and the Cards, and with Peavey calling out Piazza. I just feel the Mets have to potent of an offense they will probably score alot of runs but give up alot of runs. I really see another Subway series comming up.

Also how embaresing was the Double play at the plate against the Dodgers.

What about when Tori Hunter dove for that ball in the outfield and it got passed him and allowed it to be the winning runs that scored?