District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you listened to the game between Harpeth and CreekWood, it is no wonder you thought it was boring. Defensive games can be very difficult to make exciting. When teams go long periods of time without scoring it is difficult to call. Both teams went well over 5 minute stretches without scoring a basket. CreekWood only had 19 at the intermission.

I am sure the game between Cheatham County and Waverly that the guys from Waverly sounded real exciting in the first half. It was very similar in nature as only 32 points were scored in the first half.

What are your thoughts can Sycamore finally get past Harpeth? Is the fourth time a charm for the War Eagles?

What about CreekWood? Can they beat the Cubs in attempt number three?

Harpeth owns Sycamore right now no question about it. They've won the last four meetings between these two teams dating back to last year's district championship game. Sycamore is an awfully good basketball team though that shoots the basketball extremely well at CCCHS. Harpeth has looked a bit "out of sync" the two times they've played at CCCHS this season. It's hard to beat "an awfully good" team 4 TIMES in one season. With that said I believe Sycamore will finally get "the monkey off their backs" and beat Harpeth in what's sure to be another classic battle between these two hated rivals. Sycamore wins 65-62 :)

Cheatham Co. is a team that Sycamore does own currently but the same CAN NOT be said for Creek Wood. The Cubs have beaten Creek Wood three straight times dating back to last year's miracle comeback win in Charlotte in the opening round of the district tourney. Unlike the Sycamore-Harpeth games the two meetings between these two teams have been dominated by the Cubs this season. I look for the Cubs to continue that trend in their own home gym on Wednesday night. Cheatham Co. wins 55-49 :ph34r:

OF COURSE THAT IS JUST THIS OBSERVER'S VIEW OF HOW THINGS MAY FALL ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!! ANY OTHER PREDICTIONS??????????

Harpeth over Sycamore by 7

Cheatham over Creekwood by 5

on to Regions:

Harpeth over McNairy by 12

Southside over Sycamore by 3

Bolivar over Cheatham by 20

Liberty over Creekwood by 30

Bolivar over Harpeth by 20

Liberty over Southside by 25

Liberty over Bolivar by 12

Wow are you serious?? even if your prediction of harpeth over sycamore is correct, there is noway that anyone in that other region is going to be Harpeth or Sycamore beside Liberty. That district is down beside the power house in liberty South side will not even come close to beating sycamore and Bolivar over hapreth by 20? are you smoking crack my friend?

Wow are you serious?? even if your prediction of harpeth over sycamore is correct, there is noway that anyone in that other region is going to be Harpeth or Sycamore beside Liberty. That district is down beside the power house in liberty South side will not even come close to beating sycamore and Bolivar over hapreth by 20? are you smoking crack my friend?

No my friend, just a long time observer of district 11 and occasionally district 12 basketball. Bolivar is too quick and athletic for Harpeth, not to mention probably the best coach in the state. Harpeth hasn't seen anything like they are in for, and yes I've seen Harpeth just tonight plus a couple other times this year. Harpeth will not be able to keep up with the pace that Bolivar will play at. District 11 heads above district 12, always has been and still is. State champions last 3 years soon to be 4th.

I first heard he was being disciplined in the first half. Don't know if that is true or not.

It worked either way. Sure made a believer out of me. He is District MVP in my book. The games I've seen him play against Waverly and after tonights performance, I more convinced.

He was actually suspended for the entire game, but for whatever reason (maybe being down 10 points at half) the suspension got lifted at halftime and he went off in the second half, scoring 29 points to lead the Cubs to the win. No way he deserves MVP though.