District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all fall under your disclaimer justdontno, so no worries here.

Harpeth is an excellent defensive team. I can already tell that Trey Caruthers, as a sophomore, will be one of the best players to come out of that school before it's over. He's pretty good now, but he'll grow a couple more inches and you'll be looking at a 6'5" guard who's a real slasher when he's a senior. I watched Harpeth against Creek Wood 2 nights ago. Four of their starting five seem to be pretty good athletes from what I saw, especially Giltner and Caruthers. They tend to go into spells where they seem to lose concentration and play a little out of control. That cannot happen against teams like Liberty Tech or even Bolivar. The big difference Harpeth is going to see when the Region begins is that they cannot rely on their athletic ability alone against teams with equal or better ability. They will have to play more consistently for 4 periods. District 11-AA is not the most athletic district around, so I don't believe Harpeth's game-to-game competition has been consistently as tough as the opposing district's. Their defense is the key though, they can get after you defensively, and if they can just get some outside scoring from Giltner, Caruthers, or anyone else in the tourney, they could very well move on to the sub-state. I don't see any team even hanging with Liberty Tech until we get much deeper in the state tourney.

What makes Liberty special and sets them apart is their quickness and defensive pressure. They never let up.

To borrow from Nolan Richardson Arkansas teams of the 90's, remember the 40 minutes of He--. That's kind of what it's like. This year is different from last year in that Liberty in everone's minds were very good but having to prove themselves as they went along. This year they are the clear favorite and have been dominating in AA play this year. It will be interesting to see how they handle this role as they stive for a repeat, and it will be good to see them play better teams as they progress through tourney. I'm sure they will get a challenge in region. If you have not had a chance to see Liberty play, if they play well, you will definitely be impressed and entertained even if you are rooting for the other team.

I have seen Liberty Tech play this year and have talked to persons who have seen the other teams play in the district as well as seeing our teams in our district. They like myself believe there is no way our teams will advance to the finals.

BC I know you love the Cheatham teams but I still say there's no way that Sycamore or Harpeth will compete with the other district. I think Bolivar and Southside are 15 pts. better than either.

WHY do you keep bringing up Liberty Tech with me??????? I know they are the best team in the state, I know nobody can beat them, and I dont understand when I talk about Bolivar and Sycamore playing Haywood, you bring up Liberty Tech. You saw Liberty Tech play Chester or Camden dont remember, but they are the two worst teams in there district. That is like saying somebody came and watched Harpeth or Sycamore play Waverly, you just cant compare one team, to one game, against the worst team in there district that you have only seen ONE TIME. Why would you not think 12aa fans are biased, like you are to Waverly girls basketball???? JSS is on a down slide right now and whoever wins tonight in the championship game will win the first round game and probably against the Amazing Bolivar team by your standards.

WHY do you keep bringing up Liberty Tech with me??????? I know they are the best team in the state, I know nobody can beat them, and I dont understand when I talk about Bolivar and Sycamore playing Haywood, you bring up Liberty Tech. You saw Liberty Tech play Chester or Camden dont remember, but they are the two worst teams in there district. That is like saying somebody came and watched Harpeth or Sycamore play Waverly, you just cant compare one team, to one game, against the worst team in there district that you have only seen ONE TIME. Why would you not think 12aa fans are biased, like you are to Waverly girls basketball???? JSS is on a down slide right now and whoever wins tonight in the championship game will win the first round game and probably against the Amazing Bolivar team by your standards.

I've probably seen more basketball than you have or ever will. But that doesn't make me an expert. I do have an opinion just like you.

I do know that you can tell a lot about a team when you see them play. NO matter who they play. You can see their talent, their court awareness, and the coaching. We have some really good coaches in 11AA. We have some really good talent in 11AA. But 11AA doesn't have the ability to keep up with 12AA last year or this year. 2 years ago Waverly did. 3 or 4 years ago Sycamore did. But no one this year. I will root for upsets but that is what it would be an upset. Just heard McNairy upset Southside in the consolation last night.

I've probably seen more basketball than you have or ever will. But that doesn't make me an expert. I do have an opinion just like you.

I do know that you can tell a lot about a team when you see them play. NO matter who they play. You can see their talent, their court awareness, and the coaching. We have some really good coaches in 11AA. We have some really good talent in 11AA. But 11AA doesn't have the ability to keep up with 12AA last year or this year. 2 years ago Waverly did. 3 or 4 years ago Sycamore did. But no one this year. I will root for upsets but that is what it would be an upset. Just heard McNairy upset Southside in the consolation last night.

You have probably seen more basketball than me at this time, BUT believe me I will never stop watching basketball and I am a lot younger than you, most likely. But if that is your only argument then there isnt a reason for me to share my knowledge with you.

OH by the way Harpeth won tonight 60 to 49, Giltner had 21, Tyler Caruthers had 13, and Newton only had 7.

BUT Newton is the Player of the year, MVP, whatever you want to call it, its OFFICIAL.

AND Giltner is MVP of the Tournament

CONGRATULATIONS HARPETH

And BC if you looked down at our student section, me and straightbill tried to get your attention, but we couldnt. We will see you in Regions.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

You have probably seen more basketball than me at this time, BUT believe me I will never stop watching basketball and I am a lot younger than you, most likely. But if that is your only argument then there isnt a reason for me to share my knowledge with you.

OH by the way Harpeth won tonight 60 to 49, Giltner had 21, Tyler Caruthers had 13, and Newton only had 7.

BUT Newton is the Player of the year, MVP, whatever you want to call it, its OFFICIAL.

AND Giltner is MVP of the Tournament

CONGRATULATIONS HARPETH

And BC if you looked down at our student section, me and straightbill tried to get your attention, but we couldnt. We will see you in Regions.

Congratulations to Harpeth on the win. Congratulations to Newton and Giltner.

HHSnumber1fan, it's not an argument, I was just making a point that I have watched, played and been a part of basketball for a long time. Our bias to our own allegiances are great, but there comes a time when reality sets in. Harpeth has had a great year dominating the District. They were the best. I just don't see them making any more noise. Not sure they will win play in game now since they will have to play Southside. They have a lot of athletes and size.

Either way, didn't mean to ruffle feathers. Just stating my thoughts. Good luck Harpeth.

When you say you dont think anybody from Harpeth or Sycamore can stop Ken I probably will agree with you, but who ever said you have to play man on him. You will probably see a 2-3 D against him. I have a feeling that Ken will do what ever it takes though to win a ball game in region. :thumb:

Plus if Harpeth gets to play Mcnairy, Hopefully the do, we will have a student section RoCkIn.

ANd BC were you at the game last night, I thought i saw you but wasnt sure, I was sitting right under the Radio guys.

I know you can play zone but I didn't know if either one of those schools play a zone. If they did play a zone and it was focused mainly on stoppig Ken then I think they will play a Box-and-1. In a 2-3 there can be alot of holes especially for three point shots and I figure they would want a hand in his face as much as possible beyond the arc.

I know you can play zone but I didn't know if either one of those schools play a zone. If they did play a zone and it was focused mainly on stoppig Ken then I think they will play a Box-and-1. In a 2-3 there can be alot of holes especially for three point shots and I figure they would want a hand in his face as much as possible beyond the arc.

Harpeth has played a multiple number of defenses, but it doesnt really matter now, I wish you all good luck at Sycamore they will be loud, but it should be a good game. ANd papatiger, JSS is playing at Harpeth, and that will for sure give Harpeth an advantage.