District 11AA

Big Country

Wow are you serious?? even if your prediction of harpeth over sycamore is correct, there is noway that anyone in that other region is going to be Harpeth or Sycamore beside Liberty. That district is down beside the power house in liberty South side will not even come close to beating sycamore and Bolivar over hapreth by 20? are you smoking crack my friend?

I don't think they are smoking anything. I think they are exactly right. I am an 11AA supporter but I'm also a realist. Do you guys remember last year that mighty Sycamore was going to win the region? They were awesome right? They meet up with Bolivar and Bolivar destroys them, wasn't ever a game. And then Bolivar loses to Liberty Tech.

Guys, be real, Harpeth is a really good team, but when it comes to matching up with 12AA boys basketball, it's like comparing apples to oranges. These teams are way too athletic. I told you all last year and you didn't believe me. You bashed me for saying things like this guy. But sorry, the truth hurts sometimes. We all want to believe in our teams, but it just is not going to happen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was right along with you last year with bolivar is liberty being better than the sycamore team but this year, that whole district is down except for the state champs liberty who will roll over anyone who tries to play them in the region. But saying that bolivar is going to beat harpeth by 20 is ridiculous i dont care how quick they are, they have one good player and thats it. I dont believe anyone else in that district can beat harpeth or sycamore besides liberty and we will see what happens next week in ole waverly.

Didnt Bolivar lose to Haywood twice? Once by 20 points. I think so, and Sycamore beat them this year without their best player for most of the game. Sycamore can play with the speed of anybody in that district except for Liberty.

We shall see! I don't think anyone in our District is within 30 points of Liberty. I think that Bolivar is a much improved team over what they did in the beginning of the year. they lost to Haywood by 28 the first meeting at Bolivar. They lost the second meeting by 8 at Haywood. But you can't compare scores between other teams and their games. Diffferent situations circumstances, etc.

I still say an all 12 AA final in the region. Sorry guys. Harpeth and Sycamore just don't have the horses.

Besides, even if Sycamore or Harpeth (whoever finishes second) wins their first game, they have to play Liberty Tech the next game. It will be over.

Edited by papatiger

Laugh now folks but the four teams that will be remaining after the first round of the Region Tournament will be:

Liberty Tech

Sycamore

Harpeth

Cheatham Co.

Liberty will crush Creek Wood because the Red Hawks guard play is suspect to say the least and nobody in the state plays uptempo basketball like the Crusaders. It's almost like you'd believe they are playing with 20 out there instead of 5.

Sycamore will win at home against Jackson South Side. The Hawks are sinking faster than the Titanic here of late which is proven by them losing to Bolivar twice, McNairy once, & Lexington once. They had trouble in the first round game with Chester Co. Sycamore is tough to beat at home and I promise you that South Side hasn't been in a louder gym this year than the one in Pleasant View can be. Liberty Tech's place is the lone possible exception MAYBE!!!

Harpeth will not have a repeat performance of last year against McNairy Central. I promise you that the star player who torched the Indians last year will find points much tougher to come by this year. The game would also be taking place in Kingston Springs which spells even more trouble for the Selmer bunch. Harpeth has the looks right now of a team that remembers what happened to them last year in the opening round of the Region Tourney and if that did SOMEHOW happen again I would be very shocked.

Now to my "UPSET SPECIAL". Bolivar Central is a very tough place to play a game as Sycamore has found out twice in the past and Waverly also discovered the same thing just two years ago. Now with that said we aren't talking about a "star loaed Bolivar team" this time. Bolivar is very young and they are a very up & down team (as is proven by their 16-10 record & it's about to be 16-11 after tonight). Cheatham Co. is an up & down team as well but unlike Bolivar they have a wealth of EXPERIENCE!!!! If history has proven anything than it does indeed prove that experience trumps youth almost all the time.

LIBERTY TECH BETTER PLAN ON BEATING 2 OF THE 3 CHEATHAM COUNTY TEAMS IN THE REGION TOURNEY BECAUSE THE REST OF THEIR DISTRICT WILL BE WATCHING THE GAMES FROM THE STANDS AFTER SATURDAY NIGHT :D

Laugh now folks but the four teams that will be remaining after the first round of the Region Tournament will be:

Liberty Tech

Sycamore

Harpeth

Cheatham Co.

Liberty will crush Creek Wood because the Red Hawks guard play is suspect to say the least and nobody in the state plays uptempo basketball like the Crusaders. It's almost like you'd believe they are playing with 20 out there instead of 5.

Sycamore will win at home against Jackson South Side. The Hawks are sinking faster than the Titanic here of late which is proven by them losing to Bolivar twice, McNairy once, & Lexington once. They had trouble in the first round game with Chester Co. Sycamore is tough to beat at home and I promise you that South Side hasn't been in a louder gym this year than the one in Pleasant View can be. Liberty Tech's place is the lone possible exception MAYBE!!!

Harpeth will not have a repeat performance of last year against McNairy Central. I promise you that the star player who torched the Indians last year will find points much tougher to come by this year. The game would also be taking place in Kingston Springs which spells even more trouble for the Selmer bunch. Harpeth has the looks right now of a team that remembers what happened to them last year in the opening round of the Region Tourney and if that did SOMEHOW happen again I would be very shocked.

Now to my "UPSET SPECIAL". Bolivar Central is a very tough place to play a game as Sycamore has found out twice in the past and Waverly also discovered the same thing just two years ago. Now with that said we aren't talking about a "star loaed Bolivar team" this time. Bolivar is very young and they are a very up & down team (as is proven by their 16-10 record & it's about to be 16-11 after tonight). Cheatham Co. is an up & down team as well but unlike Bolivar they have a wealth of EXPERIENCE!!!! If history has proven anything than it does indeed prove that experience trumps youth almost all the time.

LIBERTY TECH BETTER PLAN ON BEATING 2 OF THE 3 CHEATHAM COUNTY TEAMS IN THE REGION TOURNEY BECAUSE THE REST OF THEIR DISTRICT WILL BE WATCHING THE GAMES FROM THE STANDS AFTER SATURDAY NIGHT :D

Don't bet against Bolivar. Willie and Wayne may be gone, but they still know how to play a little basketball down in Bolivar. I may be able to be talked into believing the rest of the post, but Bolivar wins at home.

I love how people think that since 12AA doesn't have two powerhouse programs that the district is down. Everybody thinks since Liberty is beating everybody by 20 and 30 points that them teams aren't that good. People might want to realize Liberty is destroying just about every team they play and that includes some of the top teams in the country.

Bolivar (16-9) (21st SOS) - Yeah, it's a down year for them but don't think they don't have any talent. What you guys will find out is that Bolivar don't rebuild, they reload. The two Haywood loses were earlier in the year and they are playing much better now. The 28-point loss to Haywood, just about ever starter was suspended for that game. Plus, it's tough to beat Bolivar at home.

Southside (21-9) (46th SOS)- They have lost some games down the strecth but they were all to good teams. They return all the key players from last year so don't think a hostile environment is going to rattle them. These guys played at Bolivar the last couple of years and it don't get much rowdier than that. They are very quick and have three players that can go for 20 on any given night.

McNairy (19-9) (32nd SOS)- Same as Southside. Return key players and have played in hostile environments. The Bingham boys are probably one of the best brother tandems in the state. Plus, when the season is on the line, you are usually going to get Ken Bingham's best game. I don't believe that Harpeth or Sycamore has anybody that can shut him down one on one and he is a good passer so he can kill double and triple teams. They are better than last year.

12AA has put up good records against tougher opponents. 11AA SOS are Har-108, Syc-100, CC-99, and CW-73. 12AA is one of the strongest districts in the state year in and year out. I'm not guranteeing that 12AA is going to destroy 11AA in every game but 11AA is not going to destroy 12AA like some are thinking.

My predictions for the region is the last four teams that will be at Waverly are all 12AA teams.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

I'm outta here......headed to McNairy. See ya'll later. :D

P.A. & montague,

Let me know how your games go tonight later on this topic. I want details and scores :D

I did not know he was there P.A. until I looked up and saw him having a conversation with Froedden during the Harpeth vs Creek Wood contest.

LetMeHearYa, if you've read my postings throughout the year then you'd see that I am not making those picks to try and stir someone up on here. I truly believe that basketball in this county is GOOD this year from top-to-bottom.

I may look like the biggest moron on this website after Saturday Night's action concludes but I don't believe, nor do I hope, that I will be wrong :lol:

Edited by Big Country