Seth Skogen from Tennessee Temple

gofish12

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they had some bad games, happens to every team. Didnt yall just squeak by Boyd? So it happens

We did just escape the Boyd game with a win but don't let Boyd's record fool you. Just because they only have one win doesn't make them a bad team. When your schedule includes CPA, Knox Fulton, Cookeville, Red Bank and Baylor you can't really get a good read on the team. Couple that with the fact that they had some players out and you can't really say just how good or bad Boyd is. From what I saw of them, I think they are a pretty good team with a brutal schedule.

Point is this, squeaking by Boyd is not really a bad thing the way you make it sound. Now, I'm not jumping in on the "sqeaking by Silverdale and Taft" arguments either though. I was not at either of those games so I don't know the full story on them.

Back to the point of the topic, I have only seen Temple once this year and from what I saw Skogen presents problems to any 1A team. He presents a problem to South Pittsburg this Friday night. He has decent speed, good hands and he stands out among others at the 1A level. I don't think he is Division 1 college material but then I could be wrong. There have been others that weren't as good as him and went on to star in major college so he could do it too. I do think that he could stay home and go to UTC and be an outstanding player for them. Same with the Smith kid.

We did just escape the Boyd game with a win but don't let Boyd's record fool you. Just because they only have one win doesn't make them a bad team. When your schedule includes CPA, Knox Fulton, Cookeville, Red Bank and Baylor you can't really get a good read on the team. Couple that with the fact that they had some players out and you can't really say just how good or bad Boyd is. From what I saw of them, I think they are a pretty good team with a brutal schedule.

Point is this, squeaking by Boyd is not really a bad thing the way you make it sound. Now, I'm not jumping in on the "sqeaking by Silverdale and Taft" arguments either though. I was not at either of those games so I don't know the full story on them.

Back to the point of the topic, I have only seen Temple once this year and from what I saw Skogen presents problems to any 1A team. He presents a problem to South Pittsburg this Friday night. He has decent speed, good hands and he stands out among others at the 1A level. I don't think he is Division 1 college material but then I could be wrong. There have been others that weren't as good as him and went on to star in major college so he could do it too. I do think that he could stay home and go to UTC and be an outstanding player for them. Same with the Smith kid.

WELL PUT GOOD JOB I AGREE :thumb:

Back to the point of the topic, I have only seen Temple once this year and from what I saw Skogen presents problems to any 1A team. He presents a problem to South Pittsburg this Friday night. . . I do think that he could stay home and go to UTC and be an outstanding player for them. Same with the Smith kid.

I would say that part of the reason for the outcome of the Taft game is that the Smith kid was out for Temple with an injury in that game and at least one other. When you don't have him at MLB it makes a huge difference. I can't give much of an explanation about the Silverdale game other than they are mch better than they were at the beginning of the year (as is the case with may teams). They seemed to be a very disciplined team and ran the ball well againt Temple.

Whatever the case, Skogen is a very good player and will play ball somewhere on Saturdays. I really don't think it matters to him whether it is a big school or a smaller school. He just wants to play. I would also say that he should be the frontrunner for Mr. Football award in 1A.

I would say that part of the reason for the outcome of the Taft game is that the Smith kid was out for Temple with an injury in that game and at least one other. When you don't have him at MLB it makes a huge difference. I can't give much of an explanation about the Silverdale game other than they are mch better than they were at the beginning of the year (as is the case with may teams). They seemed to be a very disciplined team and ran the ball well againt Temple.

Whatever the case, Skogen is a very good player and will play ball somewhere on Saturdays. I really don't think it matters to him whether it is a big school or a smaller school. He just wants to play. I would also say that he should be the frontrunner for Mr. Football award in 1A.

WRONG Marco Daily should be the frontrunner for Mr. Football!!!!

Im sorry I don't think there is another player in Single A with his stats, and I also don't think there is another player in Single A that does as much as he does on both sides of the ball. He means more to his team than any other Single A player.

Old Pirate asks are you a skogen?

Old Pirate says it sounds like brotherly admiration.

Old Pirate says there are some voters that probably read these posts,but please don't overdo it!!!!!!!!

Old Pirate says the kid is a quality player, he would look good in trick-a-treat orange!

Im sorry I don't think there is another player in Single A with his stats, and I also don't think there is another player in Single A that does as much as he does on both sides of the ball. He means more to his team than any other Single A player.

Actually i can think of TWO teams that have players that mean more to the team than skogen does to temple. number one would be Hampton and adam townsend. Without whom i will be shocked if they get past the second round. The other would be Marco Pleasant who, lets face it without him they would have lost to collinwood, probobly been 2 or 3 in their region and would loose first round of the playoffs.

Marco is only a junior but to be honest, right now i think that most people would say marco is the frontrunner for Mr. Football and then about 50 votes down the list is skogen in second, and unless something weird happens, i think that the end of the year will reflect that.

All ive heard . Is skogen this and Skogen that.... geeh Lousie spitt has 4 backs that will Gain over 1,000 yards this season.. A defense that has 4 shutouts in 7 Games... only 1 Touchdown scored on 1st team..... a qb that is actually coming into a great passer... def backfield that will not only make you pay with a slightly bad pass. But will run it back down your throat....A team that run's and run's and as of yet have I seen tire even once... these Boys have played together for years.. They have no I give up gear.... you Guys wake up.. This team is not only good.. I dont see anyone beating the Pirates except the pirates themselves.. and since they are deep in positions I dont see that happening.. they are NOT a 1 player team there is no ME in Team... Go Pirates... >>>>>> One other thing the writing at the Bottom of my post isnt chicken scratching... Spitt has been there done that .. they have the rings and tshirts.. these Boys father's and uncle's Grandfather's brother's Cousin's all have been there.... thats why we have grit. thats why we believe and its not just crap we talk as some say's its a FACT! when temple even win's 1 playoff then maybe just maybe they will have a page to write.. till then . you guys just try and get the name of that Train that is coming through Finley stadium friday night...

All ive heard . Is skogen this and Skogen that.... geeh Lousie spitt has 4 backs that will Gain over 1,000 yards this season.. A defense that has 4 shutouts in 7 Games... only 1 Touchdown scored on 1st team..... a qb that is actually coming into a great passer... def backfield that will not only make you pay with a slightly bad pass. But will run it back down your throat....A team that run's and run's and as of yet have I seen tire even once... these Boys have played together for years.. They have no I give up gear.... you Guys wake up.. This team is not only good.. I dont see anyone beating the Pirates except the pirates themselves.. and since they are deep in positions I dont see that happening.. they are NOT a 1 player team there is no ME in Team... Go Pirates... >>>>>> One other thing the writing at the Bottom of my post isnt chicken scratching... Spitt has been there done that .. they have the rings and tshirts.. these Boys father's and uncle's Grandfather's brother's Cousin's all have been there.... thats why we have grit. thats why we believe and its not just crap we talk as some say's its a FACT! when temple even win's 1 playoff then maybe just maybe they will have a page to write.. till then . you guys just try and get the name of that Train that is coming through Finley stadium friday night...

South Pittsburg went to the semi's in 95 not 96. They also went to the quarterfinals in 87, 97 and 2003. They made it to the 2nd round in 89,96,2002 and 2005.

Edited by svcfan