Catholic @ Fulton

gridironguy

You obviously don't understand how the process works! At this point, all you can do is commit-can't sign anything right now. It's not like Rogan mailed in scholarship papers to UT. Harrison has had a standing offer to commit to UT just like Rogan only they've been waiting/hoping for his commitment much longer than a week. They were trying to get Harrison to commit during basketball season last year. He's a honor student at a much tougher school so grades aren't an issue. A preseason offer is much more than showing interest. UT sends out 100's of letters a week expressing interest.

Also, just because Freeney and Hamilton are great football players doesn't ensure them a spot in "big-time" college football. You have to have the character, grades and test scores! No doubt either one of the two are physically talented enough but given their track record, I don't see big time college in their future.

U wait and see wat they can do on friday night not just them the whole team that whole team will smack u in the mouth and rogan will run wild on yuns and i hope harrison smith gets his bell rung at least over twice. Yuns are good but yuns are also overrated. I myself think that AE is better than yuns.

Lets GO Falcons!!

Fulton Falcons 42

Knox Catholic Preppys 21

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't get me started on this argument again. You see who Tennessee wanted first don't you????? That's why Rogan committed last week. That's really suprising when teams like VT, Miami (FL), and Arkansas were also on the young man's radar.

I have seen them both on games that were replayed on CSS (midstate gets replays of Knoxville's games on Sunday afternoons) and I'm here to tell you that Rogan is the better back of the two. Smith is a great back don't get me wrong but he's no Rogan. Numbers mean nothing when you put on the pads and the lights come on. Game Speed can't be judged by numbers ;)

Read the newspapers more often. UT offered Harrison a scholarship last year when he was a Junior right after Notre Dame offered theirs. So it appears that UT wanted him first.

Read the newspapers more often. UT offered Harrison a scholarship last year when he was a Junior right after Notre Dame offered theirs. So it appears that UT wanted him first.

I would take rogan as a running back any day over harrison smith the kid is the quickest kid i have ever saw in my life. I thought that anthony anderson from AE had moves he is a breeze in the wind compared to rogan and i would also doubt that u would find a kid wid more heart than wat he has.

I would take rogan as a running back any day over harrison smith the kid is the quickest kid i have ever saw in my life. I thought that anthony anderson from AE had moves he is a breeze in the wind compared to rogan and i would also doubt that u would find a kid wid more heart than wat he has.

I'm sure you would take Rogan. What college do you coach at again??? Rogan is is a great player and I hope he does well at UT. But it amazes me that Fulton an AE fans dog Harrison. Ask any AE or Fulton player/coach if they would want Smith on their team. It appears that a few colleges thinks he's a good player. 3 weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken, I saw Fulmer, Brooks, Cutcliff and their Tight Ends coach at Catholic ALL DAY long! Who else shows up on that same Friday, Notre Dame's Coaching staff the night before they were to play at Michigan State. Since last year that's 3 visits apiece to West Knoxville to visit an "overrated" player. Then theres Auburn, Stanford, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Clemson and so on. Wow that has got to be a record on some "interest".

Edited by KCHSCoach

Catholic is like Fulton, they're a 1 man team. AE has played both of these teams and i'm giving the edge to Fulton.

I'm going with Fulton 24 Catholic 0 (Yes, the goose egg)

I don't think you know very much about either team if you think Fulton and Catholic are "1 man" teams. Fulton and Catholic are sound teams with far more than one way to get a win. Rogan didn't hang 26 points on AE all by himself and Smith didn't get 30 all by himself against AE either.

I think Fulton should be favored, but 24-0 ("the goose egg") is NEVER going to happen to either of these teams---not even against each other. This one will be decided by 8 points or less.

Edited by hoya75

I'm sure you would take Rogan. What college do you coach at again??? Rogan is is a great player and I hope he does well at UT. But it amazes me that Fulton an AE fans dog Harrison. Ask any AE or Fulton player/coach if they would want Smith on their team. It appears that a few colleges thinks he's a good player. 3 weeks ago, if I'm not mistaken, I saw Fulmer, Brooks, Cutcliff and their Tight Ends coach at Catholic ALL DAY long! Who else shows up on that same Friday, Notre Dame's Coaching staff the night before they were to play at Michigan State. Since last year that's 3 visits apiece to West Knoxville to visit an "overrated" player. Then theres Auburn, Stanford, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia Tech, Arkansas, Clemson and so on. Wow that has got to be a record on some "interest".

This argument started when someone came out and stated Smith was better than Rogan. READ THE POSTS!!! That's where the first shot was fired in this neverending war. It probably would never have been brought up had that CATHOLIC FAN not said anything (SliderSport Post #33). You make it sound like Fulton fans are ragging on Harrison and Catholic fans have nothing but respect for Rogan. That is a load of S**T.

I know Harrison is a great player. There's no doubt Fulton would take him right now even though they have Rogan. Austin East would do the same thing even though they have Anderson. You can never be too good. Are you going to tell me that Catholic wouldn't take Anderson or Rogan on their team???? If so then you are lying through your teeth.

ARGUMENT CLOSED!!!! Focus on the game. It's #2 Knoxville Catholic at #1 Fulton for the Region 2-3A Championship. It's not Dennis Rogan vs Harrison Smith (nor is it that way at any combine out there).

Edited by Big Country

This argument started when someone came out and stated Smith was better than Rogan. READ THE POSTS!!! That's where the first shot was fired in this neverending war. It probably would never have been brought up had that CATHOLIC FAN not said anything (SliderSport Post #33). You make it sound like Fulton fans are ragging on Harrison and Catholic fans have nothing but respect for Rogan. That is a load of S**T.

I know Harrison is a great player. There's no doubt Fulton would take him right now even though they have Rogan. Austin East would do the same thing even though they have Anderson. You can never be too good. Are you going to tell me that Catholic wouldn't take Anderson or Rogan on their team???? If so then you are lying through your teeth.

ARGUMENT CLOSED!!!! Focus on the game. It's #2 Knoxville Catholic at #1 Fulton for the Region 2-3A Championship. It's not Dennis Rogan vs Harrison Smith (nor is it that way at any combine out there).

Any high school in the state would LOVE to have both of those kids. As a fan of high school sports I cheer for any local athlete that can get a scholarship and succeed at the next level. Back in the summer, AE and Fulton fans were calling Harrison garbage and overrated. Rogan is a great running back, I even asked on a previuos thread why schools are not looking at him as a running back. Anthony Anderson is a great kid. He was my sons counselor this summer and my son, who loves Catholic with all his heart, cheered hard for Anthony Anderson during the Catholic - AE game and he thinks the world of him. I rarely read where Catholic fans criticize Rogan or any other player. Most of their trash talk is in defense of their team. Since I've been affiliated with Catholic people (especially in Knoxville) trash talk or down play the school. I don't know if it's jealousy or the simple fact that they assume Catholic is not suppose to play with their teams. When KCHS first went to Division II the talk was "you'll never compete" it took a few years to develop the talent base, but eventually Catholic competed and did really well. When we moved back to Division I all I heard was (and I'm quoting Turtle from last year) welcome to real football. Catholic won the district and people say it was a fluke, they continue to win this year and it's still a fluke. I agree strongly with Big Country it's the game that should be the focus and locally everyone should want these kids to do well at the next level. I for one hope they all (Rogan, Smith, Anderson, Maples, Lanxter, Sykes, Summers, Franklin etc) have successful college careers at UT, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Marshall, LSU or wherever the may go. They are kids and really good ones on top of that and they deserve our support.

Edited by ScottA11