Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

riverdale girls beat smyrna 64-52, with anne marie lanning leading the warriors with 23, no suprise.

i watch alot of girls basketball (riverdale and whoever there opponent is lol), but dont really "keep up with it," like on coachT. can someone list the contenders for the miss basketball award this year? i've gotta believe anne marie is a favorite, she's just in a whole nother league than any of the other 9 players on the court at any different time :thumb:

She may not even be the best player on the court when she faces Oakland. Not bashing AML, but she's not the absolute best in this district.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She may not even be the best player on the court when she faces Oakland. Not bashing AML, but she's not the absolute best in this district.

we'll see. if for any reason she hasnt proved herself for you over the past 3 years (her entire high school career), she will be glad to do it this year :P

i'd rather see it play out on the court to, i just feel like i have alot of security in being confident talking about her gameplay :P

we'll see. if for any reason she hasnt proved herself for you over the past 3 years (her entire high school career), she will be glad to do it this year :P

i'd rather see it play out on the court to, i just feel like i have alot of security in being confident talking about her gameplay :P

Not doubting her talent, She's a great basketball player (and Ive said as much), but Im not sure if she's even the best in her district. AML has the better team no doubt, but Oakland has been getting just enough production from everyone else and plays solid defense, that combination will give them a good chance every night.

I think AML's career will be defined by if she can get her team over that hump. Riverdale has had some great talent over the years, whereas Oakland has had to pick and choose their years to make a run at the gold ball, but Riverdale hasnt even gotten to that point. Its not fair that her career would/could could be defined on postseason success, but alot of times, thats the difference bewteen a hero and a goat

Not doubting her talent, She's a great basketball player (and Ive said as much), but Im not sure if she's even the best in her district. AML has the better team no doubt, but Oakland has been getting just enough production from everyone else and plays solid defense, that combination will give them a good chance every night.

I think AML's career will be defined by if she can get her team over that hump. Riverdale has had some great talent over the years, whereas Oakland has had to pick and choose their years to make a run at the gold ball, but Riverdale hasnt even gotten to that point. Its not fair that her career would/could could be defined on postseason success, but alot of times, thats the difference bewteen a hero and a goat

Well said and if you will look at the posts as to the intensity that is going on by both schools, it is evident both have the same feeling. That does not mean other 7AAA teams do not have the same intensity. This District is going to have some great games and the gyms are going to be filled to capacity with 7AAA girls play. I would not doubt that the winner of the District could lose 2 games. It has no difference in the play but it does have a difference in the rivalries. Team play, not individuals, will win the District. You name where that is with some talent and you have got a winner.

TD and AML I believe know this and their coaches know this and will try to carry their teams as far as they can BUT so will some other teams.

Edited by PHargis

we'll see. if for any reason she hasnt proved herself for you over the past 3 years (her entire high school career), she will be glad to do it this year :thumb:

i'd rather see it play out on the court to, i just feel like i have alot of security in being confident talking about her gameplay :thumb:

yuh im gonna have to side with tara davis too...