Maryville Ranked Nationally

Rebel96

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess Maryville should just be Their own free agent like Notre Dame , and play only the top 10 teams in the nation ... give me a break , these boys are already getting national attention by doing what they're doing ... All this ranking crap is purely speculation , but that gold state chamionship football is the real deal . I could care less about what someone in Topeka Kansas thinks about the Rebels .

Don't get carried away pepvol. After all, this is just high school football. And no, Maryville shouldn't just schedule top 10 teams. That wouldn't work out for anyone. You are definitely right when you say that "this ranking crap is purely speculation." Also, no, you shouldn't care what someone in Topeka, KS thinks about the Rebs. The Rebels should continue to play in the league they're in as sanctioned by the TSSAA. But, when I comes to playing games out of their region, see if Byrnes can pick you up. It's not that far down to SC from Maryville. Imagine what that would do for Tennessee high school football to have Maryville playing on ESPN. We would all be pulling for you. It's only a 3 and a half hour drive from Maryville down to Hoover, AL. Hoover played a nationally ranked team out of Tulsa, OK (don't remember their name) on ESPN earlier this year. Oaks Christian has been on there twice. We would all love to see Maryville do this; not to get beat, but to WIN.

Maryville High School is here to service the community and not cater to the whilm of adults that hang out on message boards and boast about their favorite highschool team.....yes I know I'm one of them. The school is supported by tax payer dollars and is there to educate kids....and allow the chance for students to broaden their horizons through sports....music...and other arts. It is not there to try to dominate the world if football. If someone thinks they are the best in the country...state or county then that is great but it must be kept in prospective. Maryville High School, like most schools, are there to prepare our kids for the future............. :P

:lol::lol::lol:

You are soooo defensive of your rebels. No one is putting Maryville down at all. They have accomplished a lot. More than any other team in the state recently. He is giving his opinion about playing other top teams. What big teams has Maryville played in the past 4 years that isn't in their region?

Well outside of Region 3-4A since 2001 (Times played)

Rhea County (4)

White County (1)

Mo-Town West (8)

Tennessee High (1)

Melrose (2)

Chatt Central (1)

Cleveland (2)

Hillsboro(2)

Red Bank (1)

William Blount (6)

Alcoa (6)

Maryville Hertiage(6)

Hixson (1)

and out of these I would say 7 out of 13 are very competitive teams

Edited by Rhea Co.

I have the utt most respect Maryville for what they have accomplished and the way they run their program. Nothing can take that away from them. I love it when a Tennessee High School Team gets noticed by the nation, to show that we can compete with other states, and that they are the best in Tennessee. Well see ya in the Playoffs Maryville.

Edited by Rhea Co.

That's great to hear. Always good to hear that a TN team is getting national recognition. I'd personally LOVE to see a game played out of state at a national scale and I'm sure the Maryville players would love to play a game of such magnitude as well. Not only would it be good for exposure but also for PREPARATION and GOOD COMPETITION

All this attention Maryville is getting is great. But! I will tell you the truth. I watched a Nationally ranked Byrnes team destroy MBA. Byrnes is still great but not as great as they were last year. Last years Byrnes team would have killed any Maryville team I ever seen. They could have beaten MBA 100-0 have they not called off the dogs. I never saw a team that good live in person.

Maryville can beat any team in Tennessee if they play well. There are a handful of teams in Tennessee that are capable of beating Maryville also.

Maryville or any other team in Tennessee couldn't beat Lakeland,FL. Lakeland is a 2 time 5A Champion in Florida. Lakeland is well coached. They have 6 players commited to the Florida Gators. 1 commited to LSU and another commited to Alabama. I watched them win their championship game 38-10. They were freaking awesome. No team in Tennessee would beat Charlotte Independence,Southlake Carrol in Texas,Oaks Christian,De La Salle,South Panola,MS. I watched all of those teams on TV. They were incredible.

Reb,

Great post. Maryville is the best team in the State of Tennessee this year and typically is, but Lakeland looks like a college team, you are correct. The have won 39 straight and the 5A championship 3 years in a row. I would love to see some Tennessee teams get that good andhave that kind of talent. They are fun to watch.

Ole Dad

All this attention Maryville is getting is great. But! I will tell you the truth. I watched a Nationally ranked Byrnes team destroy MBA. Byrnes is still great but not as great as they were last year. Last years Byrnes team would have killed any Maryville team I ever seen. They could have beaten MBA 100-0 have they not called off the dogs. I never saw a team that good live in person.

Maryville can beat any team in Tennessee if they play well. There are a handful of teams in Tennessee that are capable of beating Maryville also.

Maryville or any other team in Tennessee couldn't beat Lakeland,FL. Lakeland is a 2 time 5A Champion in Florida. Lakeland is well coached. They have 6 players commited to the Florida Gators. 1 commited to LSU and another commited to Alabama. I watched them win their championship game 38-10. They were freaking awesome. No team in Tennessee would beat Charlotte Independence,Southlake Carrol in Texas,Oaks Christian,De La Salle,South Panola,MS. I watched all of those teams on TV. They were incredible.

No one is putting Maryville down, but if they want national recognition they're going to have to go play a Hoover, Oaks Christian, De La Salle, or Byrnes. Despite their incredible record over the past 5 years, some people still don't have them in the top 25. There's a reason for that.

South Panola in Batesville Mississippi,is ranked in most everones top 25 and they do not go play all these teams,If Maryville keeps doing what they have been doing then the national recogniton will come.

There are many great teams around the country and most are "Ranked" someone who gets paid to give their opinion on who is the best. Most never play on another.

Still why travel just to prove one team is better than the other? For what, the hype? Next year the some of the national polls will be different and the #1-10 will also look much different. The kids on the teams will also be different.

Maryville is in the process of again proving they are the best in their class and will be looking to defeat all comers and case another gold ball. Even though these big money teams in Tennessee have the money to travel and play across the country, they still do not have all the State Titles Maryville has vs. Tennessee competition.

Every time Maryville get’s some kind of recognition, people come out of the woodwork to demand Maryville do more, “Prove Themselves”, “If they are really the best” and other condescending posts and other thoughts from people who could only dream about watching their kids accomplish what our kids have accomplished of the past 8-9 years.

Frankly, we don’t care what most of you think anyway. Beating us two or three years in a row has proven to be a tall order for anyone Maryville has faces and it will be that way for awhile.