CAMDEN vs. LEWIS

Stat_pack1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a life folks :thumb: ...this is week 9, not 10. The Lewis County vs. CHS game is not an issue now. One game at a time...all that matters now is the CHS vs. Riverside game Friday night. Its still a region game!

That's exactly right...this week is about Riverside vs. Camden. As far as Camden being over-confident or cocky...the only people that matter, which is the Lion football team (not the fans), remember last year and will not walk into the Riverside OR the Lewis co game sleeping. There was a very bad taste left in their mouths after Lewis co punched them in it last year. The coaches and the players will not let that happen again by overlooking a very good Panther squad. Regardless of what is said here or anywhere else both teams will be ready this time...and it should be a great game....but first...bring on Riverside :D

Edited by Lions4ever

regaurdless what is said between other teams in tha region lewis co. an camden respect each other and should be a heck of a game lewis co. 7 camden 6 good luck to both teams

It is quite a sad state when a bunch of morons behind a computer start spouting off at the mouth. The fact of the matter is that assuming that Camden can remain focused and defeat Riverside this Friday(which I believe they will), then it should make for an interesting matchup next Friday the 27th of October. Both teams have excellent coaching staffs. I believe that Camden has more speed, while Lewis Co has more size. Both teams have good depth. I believe that the special teams are better for Camden. I do think that Camden also has the advantage when it comes to the passing game. Both teams are loaded with RBs. Obviously, Lewis Co has an off week which can either be beneficial or a detriment, depending on who you talk to. Either way, I think it will be a much closer game than either team's fans think. In the end, I think that the team that has the fewer turnovers will win. If the turnover totals are the same, I believe that the Lions win 24-14.

Good luck to both teams, with either being a great torchbearer for 6-2A. :thumb:

lol..I find this amusing..I picked Camden to win the game. But not because I believe they have more heart. Just because of the leadership issues at LC. And about this region being weak. It was never weak until this year. There are alot of teams rebuilding this year. Normally Riverside and Loretto would be much better. And Richland should have had a better season. And if this was such a "weaka$$" region..why are yall the defending RUNNER-UP's of the region..we took it too you last year. You can't deny that. In fact...I'm changing my outcome of the game. I now say..Lewis County 21 Camden 20. I thought Camden would be coming into this game fired up. But all of you sound way too confident. It killed you last year..and it could kill you this year. If I remember correctly...the last 3 times we've played...LC 2..Camden 1 (and the one came on a VERY down year for LC)

Ahhhh..........of course they are fired up they are fans.........heck i am 3000 miles away and i am fired up.........as far as being to confident......well......fans are always confident.....fact is that nothing saidon this board really matters...what matters is what is in the minds and hearts of the boys, no sorry, YOUNG MEN, that walk onto that field and give it everyting they have to take what is thier's, weather it be Lewis County or Camden, stats go out the window and season records fly away at a game like this........this game is going to come down to who wants it the most and who has the desire to give 110% to take it........

To all the players that read this.....Take everything you read here and forget it except this........

Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

-Mohammad Ali

Lewis county has the advantage a week off.

It was planed this way.

We needed it last year after the beat down Riverside gave us.

we will be at the game this week to see for ourself what the

lions look like against Riverside.

We had to leave our starters in the whole game to run up the score

last week .

Riverside will play hard but they have bad play calls.

I will give my prediction after friday night.

Lewis Co. Panthers ?? over Camden Lions ??

Just to let everyone know (in case you didn't already) that it doesn't matter if your defense wins the games, or your offense, a win is a win. Waverly didn't score, LC's D stopped them everytime, so they should pipe down because this isn't a waverly thread, because they got SMOKED by BOTH teams... How are you to know which team is better when they both have absolutely thrashed the rest of the region? The winner will be the team that brings it harder at 7pm until it's over, no matter if it's LC or Camden.

I really appreciate most of the Camden and Lewis County fans for being respectful. It shows why these two teams are by FAR the best of this region.

Now if I may interject a few thoughts.

It is very hard to gauge how the two teams match up because they both have run the region schedule with precision and have had little challenges in doing so. My opinion is that Camden has more talent. But that has usually been the case with Lewis County in big games.

The 9-0 record of Lewis County is an anomaly in that the region is so, so weak that good teams were simply going to run the schedule roughshod. You have two really good teams, one good team, two average teams and four of the weakest Class AA teams in the state in this region.

Everyone can predict scores, that's part of it. But usually in big games like this, turnovers and special teams make the differance. Camden wins the special teams hands down so Lewis County is going to have to play error free and create turnovers. They are quite capable of that but so is Camden so let's just see what happens and enjoy the ride.

I will say this though. The incredibly weak region is not going to help any of the top three teams come playoff time and that's a fact! It would have been nice to get some challenges from 4-5 or 6 teams instead of 2. Good luck to all.

I agree DHaney. I would like to see Riverside, Waverly, Richland, and Loretto, and A'ville get their programs back up while Camden and Lewis Co. stay up, and have a rough and tumble region like region 7. I was hoping Stewart and Houston would start putting more into their football programs with two new schools and nice stadiums over there, but that doesn't look like it's happening. I think Waverly is on the way back up and Richland is like a rattlesnake, they can bite any other team at any time, even now. I don't know what's happening at Riverside but I hope they'll rebuild pretty rapidly.

Edited by @38320

You can say Waverly is weak all you want. But anyone who was at the game (and knows anything about football), between the two, knows Waverly stood toe to toe with Lewis. Turnovers is the only thing that kept the score from being extremely close. So if Waverly is weak, then so are you. Lewis had less than 65 yards of offense in second half total.

Face it, Camden will double the point output that you have given up this year. ;)

papa, let go, the waverly/LC game is long over, waverly lost, weather it be by 1 point, 24 points or 50 points. you don't get points for standing toe to toe, you only get points for scoring, something waverly COULD NOT do on Lewis County's defense.

Camden plays Riverside this week, lets hope it is a safe and injury free game, as for the Camden / LC game I think it will be one of the best, two top ten programs that look like they are poised to stay that way with all the youth they play. if the tssaa does not change the regions again, this will become one the best and well known rivalries in the state ;)

I agree DHaney. I would like to see Riverside, Waverly, Richland, and Loretto, and A'ville get their programs back up while Camden and Lewis Co. stay up, and have a rough and tumble region like region 7. I was hoping Stewart and Houston would start putting more into their football programs with two new schools and nice stadiums over there, but that doesn't look like it's happening. I think Waverly is on the way back up and Richland is like a rattlesnake, they can bite any other team at any time, even now. I don't know what's happening at Riverside but I hope they'll rebuild pretty rapidly.

by the way i see it now, next season 6-2a should be strong....waverly, richland, and adamsville have all had a decent year this year and look to have a better one next...houston county did alot this year in winning a culpe games and mayb theyll b better next year...i dont know wats happend to riverside cuz they shoulda been up there with camden, lc, waverly in the playoffs but they sumhow turnd to one of the worse teams in the regions...i jus cant wait to see the playoff battles of next year, should be closer and harder faught games...it better be atleast cuz its gittin tirin seein 2 teams run up over 40 points on the whole region...good luck to camden this week against riverside, remember they held strong w/ lewis county most of tha game so dont walk in to the stadium thinkin all u have to do is walk around cuz this is football, it isnt over till its over..now matter wat tha score...

also good luck to all the teams goin in2 playoff...camden, lewis co, waverly, and richland or aville lets show region 5 that we arent messin around this year and give them a preview of next year!! :ph34r:

papa, let go, the waverly/LC game is long over, waverly lost, weather it be by 1 point, 24 points or 50 points. you don't get points for standing toe to toe, you only get points for scoring, something waverly COULD NOT do on Lewis County's defense.

Camden plays Riverside this week, lets hope it is a safe and injury free game, as for the Camden / LC game I think it will be one of the best, two top ten programs that look like they are poised to stay that way with all the youth they play. if the tssaa does not change the regions again, this will become one the best and well known rivalries in the state :ph34r:

well put, i am for good tough hard hitting football but it is about a group of coaches taking a bunch of high school boys for a short period and teaching them life long lessons, also they never forget it goodluck and cannot wait to see these two suit up for the challenge, go play ball and stay injury free!!!!