Maryville vs Hoover (AL)

TNT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Maryville could not beat Hoover. Why, you ask? Because they could never drop 3 easy wins in the run for the Blount County championship to play someone outside the state of Tennessee.

Yea, and we sure don't want to drop that easy region win vs. hauls. At least the teams in Blount County are in the game 6 minuets into 1st Qtr. Now get the equipment ready for turn in on Monday.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great players don't make great teams. Coaching, chemistry, player leadership, team play, etc. make great teams. And the number of D1 scholarships is no indicator of a quality team either. How many D1 kids did De La Salle produce during their streak of 150 wins? A fraction of those produced by their opponents!

The finest HS football program in the country, IMO; De La Salle. No one else has come close to their accomplishments.

On unapproved website.com you can project head to head match ups with any team in the nation. That said, they project the following outcomes in a Maryville vs Hoover matchup:

at Hoover (AL)

[2006] Maryville (TN) 28, [2006] Hoover (AL) 27

at Maryville (TN)

at neutral site

Here's the link:

http://www.unapproved website.com/cgi-bin/2006/project_matchup.pl

Goin by this years team...Imma say Hoover...Id be cheering hard for maryville though. I would say that the 2000 Alcoa team or the 2003 Maryville Team could play with or even beat Hoover High...I think these 2 teams are two of the best teams to ever come through this area. I dont think a lot of people will notice that though for a few more years!

This is funny to hear you all reply to this because there probably isnt one person in here that has seen Hoover play, besides the highlights on MTV and CMT!!!!!

I was passing through AL a few weeks ago & we planned to stop at a Hoover game b/c we had seen the show. The talent and size of the Hoover players were amazing. The passing and recieving skills of the qb and recievers were amazing and unlike any I've ever seen in a high school game. As far as comparing Hoover to Maryville, I think it is funny that anyone even thinks it would be a close game, let alone Maryville actually winning. I mean, has Maryville even played a team outside of 4A in TN??Not only does Hoover play the best 6A teams in their state, they venture out and play the best ranked teams in the COUNTRY. There's no comparison. I'm not even sure that Maryville could beat Riverdale......

Oh yeah, and another thing about Hoover that was amzing was the size of their crowd. It was like the Franklin- Brentwood game times 5.. it was incredible.

Edited by bballbabe24

Really "Not only does Hoover play the best 6A teams in their state, they venture out and play the best ranked teams in the COUNTRY". Ya think? Nice try, sir.

Hoovers opponents combined record this year stands at 34-36. The best huh?

Outside the state? Hoover played one team from Tulsa, OK and one just across the border in LA. Neither state powers. 6-3 & 4-5 respectively. Also they are not in the top 10 on many other polls.

NOT SAYING Maryville would beat them, but let's not let this "Reality TV" program become reality or try to make Hoover into something they are not.

unapproved website does not even have Hoover in the top 25! But #68 (MHS) 42

Tony Bianco’s poll has them at 10 nationally (MHS 12)

Personally, I don’t hold much stock in polls myself, but Hoover is nothing special.

Outside the state? Hoover played one team from Tulsa, OK and one just across the border in LA. Neither state powers. 6-3 & 4-5 respectively. Also they are not in the top 10 on many other polls.

Maybe you should get your info correct. Hoover played John Curtis (7-0) out of Louisana who is a nationally ranked # 4 in the USA Today top 25. So you think Curtis isn't a state power huh? I guess there 20 state titles since 1975 doesn't mean anything. Oh yeah they have been runner-up 6 times in that time period. Looks to me they play some good out of state competition. Someone jealous :)

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Maybe you should get your info correct. Hoover played John Curtis (7-0) out of Louisana who is a nationally ranked # 4 in the USA Today top 25. So you think Curtis isn't a state power huh? I guess there 20 state titles since 1975 doesn't mean anything. Oh yeah they have been runner-up 6 times in that time period. Looks to me they play some good out of state competition. Someone jealous :thumb:

There's someone jealous alright ... Maryville has branded too many L's on your chosen teams ... haven't they .