7-4A vs 8-4A

I know Munford will be rooting for East High to win this Friday.

Because there is no way Munford High wants to get an early exit from the

Playoffs being that this is there first opportunity to play in the post season since....

I actually don't know when the last time the were in Playoffs so forgive me.

However, I know that they would rather play against Raleigh, so they could live to

play another week.

Ain't that right Cougar Mike

T.C.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda like being the underdog. We are the road warriors from here on out. I surely hope that the 7-4A teams continue to turn their noses up and overlook East hoping to knock off Melrose in the next round. Remember that you have a game to play before you get to Orange Mound, TN. I think East wants to play those guys pretty bad themselves. REVENGE!! Henry County stands in the way. It will be no push over for you. East will come to Paris to win. We will cheer the Patriots on this week, so you will be so full of yourselves that you take old lowly East for granted. I mean they did get blowed out against Wooddale and Melrose (Games 1 and 2). We are only in week 10 and surely they are the same team that played against those guys. Forget what I said earlier, it will be an easy win for you. What was I thinking? Henry County is just too physical a team for us to compete, so THEY say.

We don't turn our noses up to anyone. We got our mind on Northside right now. Talk to you next week after you see that we will SPANK northside a whole lot more than you guys did. After that it is playoff time. This time we mean business. After beating East (if they are who we play), we WILL go to the mound and defeat Melrose! Good luck to you guys. We are a very physical team and with a healthy McNairl---Look out!

We don't turn our noses up to anyone. We got our mind on Northside right now. Talk to you next week after you see that we will SPANK northside a whole lot more than you guys did. After that it is playoff time. This time we mean business. After beating East (if they are who we play), we WILL go to the mound and defeat Melrose! Good luck to you guys. We are a very physical team and with a healthy McNairl---Look out!

See, that is what I'm talking about. Confidence is good though. You WILL be playing East. I'll give it to you, I believe you all are the best team in 7-4A. You are physical! You will beat Nothside without a problem. Remember that scores do not always indicate how good or how bad a team is. We look forword to our trip to Paris. Although you don't right now, when we leave you WILL respect us. Besides, Orange Mound is like home. It is just around the corner. Just want to save you all the gas money.

I would like to officially welcome T.C. (coachtcrwaford) and eastMustang to the CoachT board. Welcome guys. It's good to get some more city of Memphis folks on here. Come on, sit a spell ... get comfy and let's talk some high school football.

Now ... don't ya'll go nowhere, ya hear!

Peace!

I have seen East play and would agree that they are greatly improved compared to the first part of the season. Sticking my two cents in regarding matchups...here goes. Round l... East vs Henry County.( I think the patriots may be surprised at the team speed of East. They are capable of breaking a big play and going the distance at any time. Awfully quick on defense! H.C. will try and counter with a bruising runningback and quick passes to some pretty good receivers. Give the edge on defense to H.C. Winner.....Henry County Fairley vs #3 (reg 7) This will be decided this Friday with the JCM-Hardin Co game. Fairley vs JCM.. JCM is loaded with athletes. Had several key players hurt over the last month but my understanding is they are back at full strength. Regardless of who they play, they are capable of completely dominating a ballgame. Spotty play still indicates some type of problem. In a game of two teams loaded with just athletes, give the edge to whoever makes the fewest mistakes. Give the edge to Fairley. Brighton vs Fairley... Brighton is loaded with speed. Four running backs that can fly plus one of the most athletic qbs around. Question is, Can Brighton beat a very physical Fairley team? The answer is NO. Winner ...Fairley. Raleigh Egypt vs Munford... See no way that the Pharoahs can pull this one off. Munford is kind of an enigma. They have no standouts yet they appear solid in all areas. Sound in the kicking game, are making the stops when necessary on defense, and are finding ways to score offensively. I think they may just beat several people that one wouldn't ordinarily consider happening. Winner Munford. Just my quick synopsis on the first round matchups.

Very good post.

I would also like to add that each of the teams that East lost to

would more-than-likely beat each of the region 7-4A from top to bottom

Woodale vs Munford or Henry County --------Woodale

Melrose vs Munford or Henry County ---------Melrose

Millington vs Munford or Henry County -------Millington

Fairly vs Munford or Henry County------------Fairley in a close game.

So please keep sleeping on East High School by all means.

From what I understand, with the coaching change going on, them guys didn't go through spring training or anything. So of course it took some time to get all of the kinks out.

But I am willing to bet, any of the teams that East lost to early in the season, knows that it will be a different story if they played them now.

So again I say, Please keeping sleeping on East High School

As we are a little biased, so are you, Why dont we just let you pick who comes out of the quarterfinals, no lets play the games, and if you are right then Fairley should beat both Munford and Henry county. Oh yeah, it entertains me that it is pointed out that HC seems to be overlooking East, and at the same time we are taking for granted that East will beat Egypt, maybe we should not assume that, Egypt just may beat East and HC may play Egypt first round

TC

I for some reason went to the East-Mitchell game for a half the other night. East is improved but by no means a very sound football team, they can score on any given play but their Oline and Dline are ? for them. #1 and # 3 and #9 are weapons that could give HC fits, I did not see any answers for East as for stopping # 34 for HC. As I watched the first half, I was not impressed with East as a team, they did have some individual threats, but HC is too good of a team to get beat by individuals. As for Fairley beating HC, well they just might but last season they were nto nearly as physical as HC who scored more on Fairley than they did on anyone all of last year, From what I have seen in Region 8, Melrose has dropped down a little and Fairley has gotten a lilttle better to close the gap but as the East fans have stated, please continue your way of thinking, overlook those big dumb country boys. They may just stomp a mud hole out of you, I have heard that the Patriots want to revisit the Munford ball club.

Well, I guess it time for me to put in a few comments from the Memphis area. I am still waiting for TraderB to comment! I just like that there is talk about Memphis football from more than just one or two teams. But here how I see it.

East football is improved from the beginning of the year, but not a serious contender due to many mistakes in most games. TC, I know you want them to pull it out, and they will play hard, but not happening this year. Melrose is kind of lackluster except for their strong defense. They are beatable, I just wish Ridgeway had a shot at them this year! Fairley is MUCH improved over last year. Maybe even better than Melrose, so whoever gets them should be prepared for some game. The pharohs are not good, they have some talent but can't put a game together.

From 7-4A, Munford is a sleeper team. Can't let them hang around or they beat you. Solid team. Henry County is one of the best teams in West Tennessee are underrated due to its unimpressive record. When playing on all cylinders, I think they can beat any team out of West Tennessee. The question is can they play on all cylinders through the playoffs. Brighton is a solid team but not enough so to make a rumble. JCM is very talented yet not solid team. If I has to make a call to the final two teams coming out of these two regions, I would probably say that Henry County will play Fairley to go to the quarter finals.

I know Munford will be rooting for East High to win this Friday.

Because there is no way Munford High wants to get an early exit from the

Playoffs being that this is there first opportunity to play in the post season since....

I actually don't know when the last time the were in Playoffs so forgive me.

However, I know that they would rather play against Raleigh, so they could live to

play another week.

Ain't that right Cougar Mike

T.C.

Forgive me but isn't that the point to play the next week? East has talent never said they didn't, but if you look at the people we play everyone seems to have more talent than us so what's new, we'll show up and find a way to win. We have simple goals, play until we're put out or until nobody's left. I'm pulling for East this week but if East doesn't win they'll find us north on highway 51.

Very good post.

I would also like to add that each of the teams that East lost to

would more-than-likely beat each of the region 7-4A from top to bottom

Woodale vs Munford or Henry County --------Woodale

Melrose vs Munford or Henry County ---------Melrose

Millington vs Munford or Henry County -------Millington

Fairly vs Munford or Henry County------------Fairley in a close game.

So please keep sleeping on East High School by all means.

From what I understand, with the coaching change going on, them guys didn't go through spring training or anything. So of course it took some time to get all of the kinks out.

But I am willing to bet, any of the teams that East lost to early in the season, knows that it will be a different story if they played them now.

So again I say, Please keeping sleeping on East High School

Indeed, you may be right on all accounts but here are some more numbers to crunch, HC lost to undefeated Ridgeway, 7-2 Dickson county and undefeated Southside, and Munford. How would East Fair with these opponents, well the only team with a winning record that East has beaten was a 7-3 Mithcell, then they have a win over 3-6 craigmont, 4-5 jackson NS,1-8 kingsbury, 32-19 over a 1-8 Kingsbury, and with a win over Egypt 2-8 will give you an overall 17-38 record for those teams in which you beat, please do not get your hopes up based on 5 straight wins against 4 teams that will not make the playoffs, I am sorry Egypt will make the playoffs but not because they should, but because Kingsbury and Northside are to bad to beat them out of that 4th spot.

TC

I don't think anyone in region 7 is overlooking region 8 but I can only speak for myself in saying anyone can be beaten. Just ask Dyersburg last year. We take everyone seriously because if you have a bad night you go home and put your stuff up until the spring!!! We'll play hard and when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter who we play because we don't have any control over that, we control only what we do on Friday nights. That being said this is how I think it'll break down.

Melrose-Brighton Melrose-Henry Co. Munford-Henry Co.

Fairley-JCM Munford-Fairley

Munford-Raliegh Egypt

Henry Co.-East

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong that's my pick so tear it apart.

Edited by cougarmike