Week 10 10/27 Greenbrier at White House

timbdp

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to both teams! As for which one I pull for, I don't have one, since the outcome only affects future playoff matchups for my team and not the seeding.

However I think White House wins this one, as they will be looking to bounce back after losing last week.

Both teams lost last week, and even though White House can progress and Greenbrier can't, I just don't see Kirk Williams throwing in the towel. It's not in his genetics.

Forecast is cold and rainy for Thursday and Friday. Weather may be the deciding factor because Townsend's passes will be wet and slippery if it rains and it will come down to the running game and defense. Justin West will be tough, but the Cats have some players that will crank it up. It will be a good one.

That is true about the loses. But I just have a feeling about White House in this game. Though I will give GB credit they deserve for atleast scoring on us, but that balances out with us putting more points on than vs. White House.

My guess still stands, White House by 1 TD. Though I rather see GB in the playoffs.

That is true about the loses. But I just have a feeling about White House in this game. Though I will give GB credit they deserve for atleast scoring on us, but that balances out with us putting more points on than vs. White House.

My guess still stands, White House by 1 TD. Though I rather see GB in the playoffs.

Well Greenbrier can't get in the playoffs but Macon Co. certainly can if White House loses this one. If it's raining on Friday Night it favors the Bobcats by far. White House's passing game was good in their two biggest wins of the season (Sycamore & Pearl-Cohn). If the wet weather plays a role it slows both teams down by far and a physical smashmouth 3-4 yards in a cloud of dust (or in this case a pit of mud) type of battle favors the visiting Bobcats.

Yeah, you guys owed us a bigger payback for our 35-0 shutout on the Bison last year, but good luck to the Bison. Beat PC., and we'll see you again in few months. :P

Cold. Wet. Muddy. Loud. Packed. Intense. Playoff at stake. Braggin rights. GB's remembers who knocked them out last year. Revenge would be sweet. WH wants to go on. Both want to prove themselves. On TV...even better. TV distractions, not so good. A mediocre season for both disappointing season for both teams. Who wants it more? One part of me says if WH can go on, GB will backoff and let them. The other part says, no way. GB knows a statement can be made here that the win last year was no fluke. WH wants to start another winning streak. Both schools Senior players want to go out on a high note. Friends, rivals, neighbors, co-workers. Some out for blood, others straddling the fence. Who wins it? I would think both sides are more unsure than ever before.

Cold. Wet. Muddy. Loud. Packed. Intense. Playoff at stake. Braggin rights. GB's remembers who knocked them out last year. Revenge would be sweet. WH wants to go on. Both want to prove themselves. On TV...even better. TV distractions, not so good. A mediocre season for both disappointing season for both teams. Who wants it more? One part of me says if WH can go on, GB will backoff and let them. The other part says, no way. GB knows a statement can be made here that the win last year was no fluke. WH wants to start another winning streak. Both schools Senior players want to go out on a high note. Friends, rivals, neighbors, co-workers. Some out for blood, others straddling the fence. Who wins it? I would think both sides are more unsure than ever before.

Why do you think there has been less trash talk this year?Neither one of us knows which team is going to show up.Forget about the records, this is for pride.It should be a great game :thumb:

Why do you think there has been less trash talk this year?Neither one of us knows which team is going to show up.Forget about the records, this is for pride.It should be a great game :thumb:

Exactly!

Hopefully both teams will bring their best and it'll be a good, old, classic HS game. Greenbrier wants to finish the season on a high note and have something to hang their hat on. WH wants to continue to play. With the Cats being on the thin side and having several key role players injuried, hopefully they can pull it together for one more game.

I had lunch in the parking lot beside the White House field today. Did a little reading, a little praying, a little daydreaming (yes, about Fridays scoreboard) and a little more praying (no, not about the football game). At first glance, I thought they had tilled the ground, but no, it is grass, but it's as dead as the Bobcats chances of going to the playoffs. There were guys out there painting yardline numbers or else I would have gotten out to see if I could put a jinx on the White House sidelines :D (but no, I don't truly believe in that either).

Here's looking forward to a great game Friday. Good atmosphere and friendly folks (don't hate us because we are in your way--it's just the way it turned out). I pray that there are no injuries and that the weather is not miserably cold so the fans can get into this game.

As far as the Bobcats being the underdog, I wouldn't expect a prediction of anything else. White House has the option to go on, while we don't. But that's not saying we won't try to get another win under our belts. The Bobcats are working hard to make a last "hoorah". I truly hope they do. But REGARDLESS of who wins, I would really like to see a good sportmanship game. If the Devils win congratulate them and wish them well, Cats. If the Bobcats win, I hope the Devils will understand that this season has been so close we could taste it, and our Seniors want to give this last game their best!'

Good luck to both sides. Let's KEEP it neighborly!! :D

Good. It's raining in White House. Washing down those stands. Just IN CASE, you left any itching powder on the Devils seats. ;)

Actually, I agree. Classy post. Outcome is a tossup.