Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

Did Wartburg commit their fair share of the unsportsmanlike, or was it more one sided.

MC,

You should spend more time and effort worrying about Alcoa, and getting all of their D-1 players ready for college, it appears another one of your top players, will not be eligible due to grades. It makes one wonder how they stay eligible to keep playing in high school.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Wartburg commit their fair share of the unsportsmanlike, or was it more one sided.

I blaim this on the coaches they should have more control of their players.

yea there was a bunch of personal fouls, some i thought were called as make ups for the other team if you know what i mean. i just want to state that the os boys held in their emotions very well, considering that one of the wartburg boyz stood up right infront of a ref and pretty much dropped kicked one the os players in the privates. that wasnt the end of it, while shaking hands a wartburg player spat in another os players face. the boys couldnt even shake hands at the end of the game b/c of the lack of sportmanship and the coach for wartburg dismissed his boys doing anything wrong and got in to it with the os coach. overall i thought it was two frustrated teams losing their emotions, but kicking and spating isnt respectable and shouldnt be excused by the coach whether he is leaving or not!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by oz'_purple'_haze

yea there was a bunch of personal fouls, some i thought were called as make ups for the other team if you know what i mean. i just want to state that the os boys held in their emotions very well, considering that one of the wartburg boyz stood up right infront of a ref and pretty much dropped kicked one the os players in the privates. that wasnt the end of it, while shaking hands a wartburg player spat in another os players face. the boys couldnt even shake hands at the end of the game b/c of the lack of sportmanship and the coach for wartburg dismissed his boys doing anything wrong and got in to it with the os coach. overall i thought it was two frustrated teams losing their emotions, but kicking and spating isnt respectable and shouldnt be excused by the coach whether he is leaving or not!!!!!!!!!! :blink::o:thumb:

Haze, I HATE to hear about this! Again, the coach is the WHOLE problem! I'm trying desperately to quit harping on the coaching topic, but that is just uncalled for! It doesn't surprise me though-not with Larry Davis! He hasn't got ONE BIT of discipline about him! I don't know what's going to happen in the Burg, but if the board allows him to stay on as coach, I'll NEVER attend a Wartburg game again! By the way, congrats to you-all on the victory;sounds like it was well deserved!

MC,

You should spend more time and effort worrying about Alcoa, and getting all of their D-1 players ready for college, it appears another one of your top players, will not be eligible due to grades. It makes one wonder how they stay eligible to keep playing in high school.

All I do is watch the games and offer my opinion. Thats all it is, my opinion. I simply inquired as to how the game went. Seeing it was a close one I figured emotions would be high looking for the first win. I f Wartburg behaved the way it is being said that is sad. I didn't see those emotions against Alcoa, but that doesn't mean it was not happening. Wartburgs coach should take responsibility for the actions of his team, but apparently he led by example when he got into it with the OS coach. If wartburg behaved as badly as said Os deserved the win. Catback, I will give credit where it is due. As far as the OS-Alcoa game I went by what I saw and heard. You gave me your view of it. That is how discussion works. I have no clue who is not ready for college, but it doesn't really surprise me. Athletes seem to forget what comes first. I spend my time making sure my grades are up enough to keep scholarships and getting back to 100% from last years injury. I don't worry about Alcoa, I simply comment on what I see. I was hoping it was a clean game, it wasn't apparently. Honestly I thought it would be OS commiting the penalties, I was wrong. Good job OS for keeping your cool a little more in this one, it sounds like it could have been worse.

why is everyone talking about GP and alcoa ???/this iswartburg and oliverspring ..cant you read...talk about that on another topic...the game is over go bobcats for thier win....its another perfect season for the dogs 0-10,its better to be 1-9 than 0-10.....get off with GP and alcoa.... everyone picked wartburg to win do people think os isn't that good..??we won and should have won a bunch of games....!!!.but with the situation.with having a new coacht 2 weeks before our first game...what would u people do? we gave it our all...teams better watch for us next year. we'll be cocked and ready to shoot...!!

go bobcats....

Sasquatch101,

Please clean up your language.

Edited by Bighurt

If you read my above post it was about OS Alcoa, and the penalty issue in general. Not to be a jerk but I didn't think either team was that good. Even if it is because the coach. I don't condone their action, but do you have to call names. If you want to sound more credible attempt to discuss it through lgoic and reason. As soon as you start saying stuff like you did at the end it just sounds childish. I hope OS builds on that win and continues to develop self control, and it sounds like Wartburg needs a new coach.

Haze, I HATE to hear about this! Again, the coach is the WHOLE problem! I'm trying desperately to quit harping on the coaching topic, but that is just uncalled for! It doesn't surprise me though-not with Larry Davis! He hasn't got ONE BIT of discipline about him! I don't know what's going to happen in the Burg, but if the board allows him to stay on as coach, I'll NEVER attend a Wartburg game again! By the way, congrats to you-all on the victory;sounds like it was well deserved!

yea it was really kind of pathetic if you think about it!! i cant say i expected more from the wartburg players, but i honestly never thought it would have came from the coach!!! from what i hear it sounds like he just gave up b/c he knew he was probably gonna leave after this year and thats not you want to see from a head coach who sets examples for kids. i can honestly say that im glad that game is over and a brawl wasnt started, b/c if it was i dont think the wartburg coaches would been exactly trying to break it up!!!!! oh and im glad the seniors got a win and i hope the underclassmen work their butts off this off-season so we wont be talking about the same stuff next season!!!!! :thumb::lol::lol:

Edited by oz'_purple'_haze

Sasquatch:

Not "everybody" is talking about Alcoa-GP. In fact, I think it was someone else who brought it up. (See gold11's post on p. 4)

Catback:

You have no idea what the circumstances are regarding the young man rumored to not being eligible for D-1, so I think you might ought to keep those rumors to yourself.

MCwrestler: Good thing we don't have to go back to the hills next year; I'd have to recommend you stay home! Or, I'd have to be your bodyguard!!!

Sorry to hear it wasn't a clean game. I had hoped it would've been. I'm really disappointed to hear that Wartburg had its share of penalties; they definitely didn't play Alcoa that way. I guess they figured they had to play that way if OS was going to play that way.

Congratz to OS, and I'm really sorry Wartburg didn't get a win this year.

Time for both teams to regroup and try to get something going next year.

Edited by tornadogold

I'd never just stay home, I try not to miss a game, except that one in KY last year. I only miss for out of state tournaments. How many years has Wartburgs coach been there, and has it always been this way. It seems like OS has some good years and it goes up and down, and I coul dbe wrong about this but it seems Wartburg is usually down, even when they should be good.

Edited by mcwrestler

Sasquatch:

Not "everybody" is talking about Alcoa-GP. In fact, I think it was someone else who brought it up. (See gold11's post on p. 4)

Catback:

You have no idea what the circumstances are regarding the young man rumored to not being eligible for D-1, so I think you might ought to keep those rumors to yourself.

MCwrestler: Good thing we don't have to go back to the hills next year; I'd have to recommend you stay home! Or, I'd have to be your bodyguard!!!

Sorry to hear it wasn't a clean game. I had hoped it would've been. I'm really disappointed to hear that Wartburg had its share of penalties; they definitely didn't play Alcoa that way. I guess they figured they had to play that way if OS was going to play that way.

Congratz to OS, and I'm really sorry Wartburg didn't get a win this year.

Time for both teams to regroup and try to get something going next year.

I never called a player out by name, your assuming you know who I am talking about.

Sasquack,

This is a public forum, no one is forcing you to read or post on it. Any and all opinions welcomed, unless you use fowl language! :thumb:

I'd never just stay home, I try not to miss a game, except that one in KY last year. I only miss for out of state tournaments. How many years has Wartburgs coach been there, and has it always been this way. It seems like OS has some good years and it goes up and down, and I coul dbe wrong about this but it seems Wartburg is usually down, even when they should be good.

He's been at Wartburg for 12 years. He HAS taken them to the playoffs FOUR times(imagine that!). But I think that a couple of those teams were the BEST EVER at Wartburg!! They were very talented teams with a lot of good athletes. I'll never, ever understand why the 03 team missed the playoffs; other than most of them were self-centered primma donnas who tried to be stars other than team players and L.D. allowed it to go on. Many believe the 03 season was the beginning of this current slide and I agree. I believe just about ANY coach could have gone to the playoffs with that team.