Gatlinburg-Pittman

reaction

Okay, I'll bite:

Alcoa: 411

Opponents: 118

That's including games against #1 4A (and #23-I think-in the good ole USA) Maryville and #1 Div. 2 McCallie, as well as #5 3A Fulton, plus Loudon, CAK, and Sweetwater.

Hmmm....now, who did G-P play??? Oh, yeah! 1A Midway (6-3 record), 1A Greenback (1-9 record), and 3A Pigeon Forge (0-9).

Edited by tornadogold

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad they bounced back from last years manhandling at Goddard field, but they will face a similar fate if they make it that far. Alcoa beat an undefeated BTW 56-15, so they are playing ball too. Goo dluck GP, untill you meet Alcoa again. I have to have some respect for a team that turns their year around. I bet 91-7 was on the scoreboard during more than a few practices, am I right.

Okay, I'll bite:

Alcoa: 411

Opponents: 118

That's including games against #1 4A (and #23-I think-in the good ole USA) Maryville and #1 Div. 2 McCallie, as well as #5 3A Fulton, plus Loudon, CAK, and Sweetwater.

Hmmm....now, who did G-P play??? Oh, yeah! 1A Midway (6-3 record), 1A Greenback (1-9 record), and 3A Pigeon Forge (0-9).

Glad you decided to bite, that saves me from pulling out the stats again and adding and averaging everything. The stats are overwhelming. I would like to see how GP does against a Loudon or CAK. MAybe we will see. Once again, good job GP for turning it around.

Edited by mcwrestler

Well i do think the highlanders will give alcoa a great game,but even if they lose,they will compete and in doing so,i think they have to gain a lot of respect from A LOT of people just to prove that even though they were embarassed last year,they will come back and atleast compete this year, they have done a complete 180 from last year and im very proud of these boys,they deserve a lot of recognition :rolleyes:

Well i do think the highlanders will give alcoa a great game,but even if they lose,they will compete and in doing so,i think they have to gain a lot of respect from A LOT of people just to prove that even though they were embarassed last year,they will come back and atleast compete this year, they have done a complete 180 from last year and im very proud of these boys,they deserve a lot of recognition :thumb:

Great Post, REALmen. Perfect SEASON GP! Congratulations. You guys deserve it!

First, GP has played a weak schedule, BUT they have blown every team except one-South Greene-out of the water. Second, Alcoa does have more D1 prospects. However, everyone seems to think that means they will slaughter GP. That is completely untrue. GP got embarrassed 91-7 by Alcoa last year. GP is out for blood. Everyone must think that intangibles such as this just don't matter. Give them a chance or you're doing nothing more than adding bulliten board material on threads such as this. GP may not beat Alcoa, but I will be very suprised if the don't give Alcoa one heck of a game.

I'm sure Alcoa won't win 91-7 this year but don't trick yourself into thinking that GP is able to compete with Alcoa. It's more than just Alcoa having more college prospects. They are more confident, more disciplined, more talented, faster, and execute better. GP may be 10-0 but they are way behind Alcoa.

GP played Oliver Springs the first game of the season. GP has gotten ALOT better since then and Oliver Springs has gotten ALOT worse. I went to the Alcoa/GP game at Alcoa last year and met alot of good Alcoa people before the game, but little pricks like you are what give schools bad publicity. Regards :thumb:

Uncalled for post. He was simply stating the truth, but sometimes I guess the truth hurts.

The Gatlinburg-Pittman Highlanders just trounced the Midway "Green Wave" 42 -7

Notably, second teams were in the second half as GP doesn't run scores up.

That aside you better look this way Alcoa, we are coming for, See you in Round 3

Good luck to all teams this week!

Highlander, played 87, 88, 89, 90

I'm sure Alcoa is scared :thumb:

That aside you better look this way Alcoa, we are coming for, See you in Round 3

Good win for Pittman but you better take them one at a time. Last year Cumberland Gap was talking about their eventual meeting with Alcoa after week 10 and were sent into basketball season by the 4th seed fron region 2 in round 1.

:thumb:

Edited by Coalman

That's funny .... The newspaper said the starters came out after going up 35 - 7 with 5 minutes to go in the game but then went back in on the next series so that Dodgen could set the team scoring record. ( which I have no problem with ) Looks like the starters played pretty much the whole game at least on the offensive side. Regardless , congrats on your perfect season. That is a great accomplishment. Good luck in post season play. :thumb:

Edited by Coalman