Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

I think it will.What is wrong with Wright?Union City will probably be without starter Andre Coby who hopefully just stained his knee.He goes to the doctor on Monday.Can u name me the starters of Brentwood along with their height and points their averaging a game.

When did Andre hurt his knee??...I don't remember him going down with an injury in the Lake County game....Sisco didn't seem too concerned about it when he was asked about him last nite....Also said Mosely would be playing in this tournament...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(This is the press release I received for the tournament)

'Battle for the State' to feature premier players and programs

NASHVILLE, TN - (December 16) High school basketball fans will get an early Christmas present beginning on Thursday.

The Battle for the State Holiday Tournament will tip off at Lipscomb's Allen Arena, and will feature some of the best players and programs in the state, making it the most prestigious tournament this holiday season.

The teams include Brentwood Academy, the TSSAA Division II state champions for the last four years, and tiny Pioneer Christian Academy, whose front line averages 6'5" and is criss-crossing the country playing some national power houses like Oak Hill Academy.

There will be two days of round robin play to determine the four teams who will qualify for the championship round on Saturday.

December 21:

4:00: Union City vs Ensworth

5:30: White House vs Haywood

7:00: David Lipscomb vs Sycamore

8:30: Brentwood Academy vs Pioneer Christian

The tournament is being directed by Pete Froedden, the head basketball coach at Sycamore High School in Pleasant View. Last year Froedden coached at Dyer County High School and ran a tournament with a similar format there.

"It was our goal to attract some of the best programs in the state," Froedden said. "We believe we have accomplished our goal, and are excited about the players and match-ups.

The teams and premier players for the tournament participants include:

" Brentwood Academy, coached by Lyle Husband. The Eagles are currently 4-0, and feature two players who have already committed to Lipscomb University: Brandon Brown (6'7", 190 pounds) averaging 15.8 points per game, and 10 rebounds; and Brian Wright (6'6". 195 pounds) 17.0 points per game, and 5.5 rebounds.

" David Lipscomb High School, coached by Mike McPherson. McPherson, who was a long time assistant under Ritchie Pickens, is in his first year as head coach of the Mustangs. Lipscomb returns six seniors from a team that won their region last year, including point guard Josh Slater who has also committed to Lipscomb University.

" Ensworth High School, coached by Ricky Bowers. While the Tigers are still a "new school" (they have no seniors), they have talent that will make them very competitive in this tournament.

" Haywood County High School, coached by Winston Varnado. Varnado returns for his second year at the school, after posting a 31-5 record and a trip to the state quarterfinals last year.

" Pioneer Christian Academy, coached by Carl Reed. Pioneer is 10-1 (through Friday) and has three college prospects who are all juniors, including one who has verbally committed to the University of Cincinnati.

" Sycamore High School, coached by Pete Froedden. Froedden inherits a War Eagle program that went 26-4 last year, and won the District 11-AA regular season championship. Sycamore's point guard, Austin Lohin, is getting looks from a number of colleges, but may have to decide between basketball and football at the next level. Lohin was an all-state performer on the gridiron.

" Union City High School, coached by Shane Sisco. The Tornadoes were 30-9 under Sisco last year, and won the Class A state championship. Sisco has a career record of 205-123. All five starters are averaging double digits in points per game.

" White House High School, coached by Danny Mathis. The Blue Devils are currently 9-2 and made it to the State Sectionals last year. Leading the team are three returning starters in point guard Tyler Welch and wing guards Jeremy Barnes and Patrick Rucker. Emerging players include the two posts, Rogers Gaines at 6-7 and Garrett Wood at 6-6.

BenStiller23 Yesterday, 01:25 AM Post #100

Competitor

Group: Guests

Member No.: 103,176

White House (9-2) takes on a very good Haywood team. What is the size advantage in this one? Does Haywood have any big guys?

come on help us out. i know someone out in west tn can tell us about haywood. i'll return the favor. :)

i know about ricky taylor, but i'm wonderin about their posts, what are some sizes of their posts, i heard their tallest guy was 6'5"

I don't understand your preoccupation with height,but here is some info on Haywood Co....

They have three returning starters from a 30-5 team that lost in the first round of the state tournament last year...Ricky Taylor(6'3")G...Kenneth Greer(5'7")G....Harrison Greer(6'5")F.....They lost Jarvis Varnardo(6'9") who signed with Miss.State and Lee Liggon....This year they have a three-point sharp-shooter named Shaveon Comage(5'11")SR,he lit up Union City from the three point line and scored 20 points against the Tornadoes....They have other players with a little height,Dreakus Cole(6'2") and Brooks Russell(6'2")..Ricky Taylor is their leader and was the leading scorer in the Haywood-Union City game with 34 points....They are very quick and they are good shooters....They are coached by Winston Varnardo,who is in his second year at the school...

When did Andre hurt his knee??...I don't remember him going down with an injury in the Lake County game....Sisco didn't seem too concerned about it when he was asked about him last nite....Also said Mosely would be playing in this tournament...

Coby hurt in sumwere in the game that i didnt even see it myself.Listen to a little bit of the game against Gleason and heard Sisco talk a little bit bout it.Also talked to his cousin Antwan and he said that he is moving around better on it and that he has to go to the doctor Monday to see what is really wrong.Hoping that it is only a sprain that will keep him out for a little bit.Talked to Mosley tonite at the gym and he said that he is ready to go.

Coby hurt in sumwere in the game that i didnt even see it myself.Listen to a little bit of the game against Gleason and heard Sisco talk a little bit bout it.Also talked to his cousin Antwan and he said that he is moving around better on it and that he has to go to the doctor Monday to see what is really wrong.Hoping that it is only a sprain that will keep him out for a little bit.Talked to Mosley tonite at the gym and he said that he is ready to go.

What about a little info on this Mosley guy and whoever else was supposed to be coming in after Christmas for UC? They've been mentioned several times on the boards but I haven't seen anything as far as what kind of players they are going to be?