McMinn and Sevier Co.

TribeFan

already posted this on the ooltewah / sevier county thread, but as just an interested observer and lover of high school football, sevier county whipped mcminn especially in the first half and created those turnovers because of pressure and then turned them into points; so to me we should be saying how the bears won the game and not how mcminn just gave it way against an inferior team; but after what i witnessed from mcminn, their behavior being awful and being real cocky beforehand, i would say that sevier county was the better team last friday night

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I wasn't going to say anything but the McMinn whine fest has changed my mind.

Is it true that McMinn players were running their mouths/taking cheap shots in the tackle piles???

YES especially #49 (who got an unsportsman like penalty after a TD)

Corey Watson repeatedly got sucker punched after tackles.

#49 ran his mouth all night.

As for this BS that SCHS only won because McMinn "gave" the game away give me a freaking break. On the first Int. the SCHS Defense tipped the ball and then picked it off. The Bears then had to drive half the field to score and tricked McMinn on 4th down fake fg (got that from '99 WB playoff game when the Govs scored the same way). 2nd turnover was a fumbled shotgun exchange but SCHS still had to drive 60 yds to get the TD.

SCHS got a couple more Int's. when the McMinn QB was on the run and threw the ball up for grabs and Watson dropped another. As for the fumble with about 5 minutes left it was ripped out.

If this had all been McMinn doing this instead of SCHS the Tribe fans would be crowing about how well they played.

Tribe fans need accept the fact that they got beat fair and square.

already posted this on the ooltewah / sevier county thread, but as just an interested observer and lover of high school football, sevier county whipped mcminn especially in the first half and created those turnovers because of pressure and then turned them into points; so to me we should be saying how the bears won the game and not how mcminn just gave it way against an inferior team; but after what i witnessed from mcminn, their behavior being awful and being real cocky beforehand, i would say that sevier county was the better team last friday night

observer : do you think were crazy? The QB drops a shot gun snap SC sure caused that one. A 80 yard TD run called back to the 50 (noticed i SAID 50 ) SC sure whipped us on that one . 2 turnovers in the first 4 plays McMinn had the ball that is unaceptable. SC did do a good job scoring but 6 turnovers at midfield or on McMinn side of the field and the game was still in question with 4minutes left. Both teams were cocky before the game man or female its football last I OBSERVED!

Ok, i didn't see any sucker punches and i had not heard of any. and somebody please tell me how McMinn was bein cocky before the game...Nigel was mad because it looked like they had stopped Sevier on the goal line and they didn't get the call. Sevier was the better team but McMinn did indeed play horrible and still had chances to get back into the game...There was a pass interference call on the drive where Sevier scored last that was very questionable, i thought the ball was uncatchable but maybe i cant see. And i'm not so sure that Watson(i think that was who it was) didn't fumble a ball through the end zone on a score of his where he dove

Either way, Sevier was the better team Friday and they won....and that's that

Edited by Burnt

McMinn fans you can talk all you want about Sevier County didnt beat you that you all beat yourself. The fact of the matter is that we are still playing and you all are getting ready to watch basketball. So think what ever you want to make yourself fell better, we are still playing!

McMinn fans you can talk all you want about Sevier County didnt beat you that you all beat yourself. The fact of the matter is that we are still playing and you all are getting ready to watch basketball. So think what ever you want to make yourself fell better, we are still playing!

You will be watching with us after the Ooltewah game!

SC won the game, with the Cherokees giving them a lot of help. Looking forward to the Owls pinning the ears back on SC.

Looking at 2007, I hope the Cherookees can learn to defend the pass! How hard

can it be to work on that phase of the game?

GT40 I agree to a point on our pass defense.....We were not very good in the beginning of the season and then seemed to improve then played like we had forgot everything Friday night.

The question I had is with the good atheltes that we have in the secondary why do we line up 7-8 yards off of the reciever and then our first step is backward once the ball is snapped. Could we not play a little tighter since we have help over the top? Oh well no need to compalin....

Ok, i didn't see any sucker punches and i had not heard of any. and somebody please tell me how McMinn was bein cocky before the game...Nigel was mad because it looked like they had stopped Sevier on the goal line and they didn't get the call. Sevier was the better team but McMinn did indeed play horrible and still had chances to get back into the game...There was a pass interference call on the drive where Sevier scored last that was very questionable, i thought the ball was uncatchable but maybe i cant see. And i'm not so sure that Watson(i think that was who it was) didn't fumble a ball through the end zone on a score of his where he dove

Either way, Sevier was the better team Friday and they won....and that's that

The Sucker punches on Watson did happen (The SCHS coaches were talking about it at the half and were talkiing about #49's mouth)

So believe what you want to

Ohh and the hold on the long td run wasn't behind the ball it was one of the attempted tackles at the 50 (probably a wr).

If you think SCHS is going to get torched friday then drive down and celebrate it with the Owl fans.

Otherwise (well you know what you cn do).