BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

Look for coach Palmer to be in the running. Would be a great fit and he would get out the players. I think Daniels is a done deal at Page so he is out of the picture. I also hear that Phillips will be promoted which I think would be a mistake. He is already there and couldn't get the players out nothing changes once he is head coach. CHS fans should get behind coach Palmer or a hard push for Daniels. They are both in the county and could start working with the players right away.(weightroom,etc.)

Edited by cowboys

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting timing. This is something that Shrader and Lifsey have apparently decided on long ago and would let him finish out the season. It appears tthat they let him know early to ensure that nothing to lose mentality and give the players an extra motivational boost. However this could backfire, as it could turn out to be a bigger distraction than a boost.

I agree, I think that this could be a HUGE distraction. As a player, what do you do? There are some players on the team that can't stand Gregory, now that they know he isn't going to be there next year, what compels that player to listen to him. There are going to be some players that are going to try and win this last game for Gregory but there are also going to be some that aren't going to put forth the effort b/c of what has happened. This could turn out to be pretty ugly.

I'm going to throw a few candidates out there and lets see what sticks. Centennial is one of those programs with a lot of potential, but they have just never really been able to get over the hump. There is some talent on hand, but they just have to get someone there that can utilize it. There are some qualified assistants within 20 miles of that campus that would be great. Here are some candidates for the job with the fourth name being a shocker.

1. Scott Sempthenfelter - Brentwood

2. Jason Eubanks - Independence

3. Chad Kirby - Ravenwood

4. BRIAN RECTOR - Ravenwood

5. Eric Felts - Independence

All of these guys are young, enthusiastic, and are motivators. Exactly what the Cougars need.

This is some kind of news. Hopefully, the Cougars go out strong with a worthy effort tonight- no matter what their feelings pro or con about Gregory. The team- and especially the seniors who will be playing their final football game ever- need to do the "right thing" and play hard.

This also will be the lasting impression of the character of the team for the future head coach.

Thoughts from the Brentwood side-

Scratch both Semp and Jack D. Semp doesn't have a teaching certification, and Jack D wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. He's already had the experience of playing against his former players and school, and it didn't work. Jack may be going to Page, or another school, or to a college program; heck he may just hang for a couple of more years. But Centennial would take more of an effort than he would want to put in. If he goes, it will be for something new and different.

There would be NO motivation for Rector to change sides of the interstate.

This is some kind of news. Hopefully, the Cougars go out strong with a worthy effort tonight- no matter what their feelings pro or con about Gregory. The team- and especially the seniors who will be playing their final football game ever- need to do the "right thing" and play hard.

This also will be the lasting impression of the character of the team for the future head coach.

Thoughts from the Brentwood side-

Scratch both Semp and Jack D. Semp doesn't have a teaching certification, and Jack D wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. He's already had the experience of playing against his former players and school, and it didn't work. Jack may be going to Page, or another school, or to a college program; heck he may just hang for a couple of more years. But Centennial would take more of an effort than he would want to put in. If he goes, it will be for something new and different.

There would be NO motivation for Rector to change sides of the interstate.

But it is interesting you mentioned Rector. I'm not sure if this is true, but apparently Rector had been interested in Centennial for a long time. I also heard that he was interested the head coaching job the first time it opened up. I'm not sure if he would jump ship or not, but just a thought.

Edited by CHS 2007