District 11aa

wareagleblue

It would be very suprising if the "good player" went to a private school next year considering her parents along with a couple of other families are probably the biggest Harpeth supporters in the community. From what I understand, her sister leaving the team had nothing to do with the team or with the coach, it was simply a medical issue. I am not sure where you get your information but would have to believe you have been misinformed wareagleblue.

Just wondering if it was just a medical issue why did she quit the team. We have had several players injured here, some seriously, but they were still at practice and traveled to the games. Do her parents still come to the varsity games home and away?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, both the player and her parents are at every game. Tonight will be the first that they have missed and that is because it @ Stewart County, can't blame them for not wanting to make a two hour trip. As far as the injury goes, she had been playing with the injury from early in the season. In fact she has had several appointments to try to pin point the problem and has two more within the next week. Practices are hard physically and equally as hard mentally when watching from the sideline. I think it was killing her not being able to be on the court with the other girls and having to watch without participating. She is an awesome person and still a great supporter of the team. Any chance you would provide your source or was this purely speculation?

Edited by aj1133

I spoke with the above mentioned players dad at the Wavo game. He told me her decission had absolutely nothing to do with the coach. Her knee is simply hurting her to much to be able to compete at the level she feels she can play at.

As to the player crossing the street, it is the sames dads youngest daughter. He did tell me that a couple of parents from a certain private school had inquired about his daughter transferring. He flat out told me that his daughter had grown up being a Harpeth fan and that is where she wanted to play.

Newly Updated District 11AA Standings:

1.) Sycamore (5-1)

1.) Cheatham Co. (5-1)

1.) Harpeth (5-1)

4.) Creek Wood (4-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (3-3)

6.) Waverly Central (1-4)

7.) Fairview (2-5)

8.) Stewart Co. (0-7)

Friday Night's Games:

Cheatham Co. at Montgomery Central

Creek Wood at Fairview

Harpeth at Stewart Co.

Waverly Central at Sycamore

THOUGHTS FOLKS????????????????

Just wanted to remind everyone of tonight's schedule. I'll post results and the newly updated standings as the games go final this evening.

Sycamore beat Waverly tonight in a low scoring dogfight. It was the third consecutive "tough loss" for the Tigers against a Cheatham County opposition.

Creek Wood beat Fairview to stay on track in their hopes to remain alive for the district title.

Harpeth smashed district doormat Stewart Co.

Montgomery Central "upset" Cheatham Co. tonight.

Edited by Big Country

Big Country

Just like we have said with the boys tournament, the girls' district tournament shapes up to be a very fun event. Anybody can win on any given night. That is what makes tournament time so much fun in basketball. The change to playing home contest in the first round makes the regular season even more intriguing.

Big Country

Just like we have said with the boys tournament, the girls' district tournament shapes up to be a very fun event. Anybody can win on any given night. That is what makes tournament time so much fun in basketball. The change to playing home contest in the first round makes the regular season even more intriguing.

Absolutely :lol:

I am just glad that the District tourney is at CCCHS this year because now I won't have to drive very far at all. If only the Regional tourney were at Montgomery Central instead of Waverly Central I'd then be set :D

Absolutely :D

I am just glad that the District tourney is at CCCHS this year because now I won't have to drive very far at all. If only the Regional tourney were at Montgomery Central instead of Waverly Central I'd then be set :lol:

Might as well get used to it. As long as the region is like it is now, Waverly will host the region every other year. Lexington will host it the other years.

Mendenhall, Richardson, and Lawrence are the seniors for Harpeth. Flippo is just a junior. I heard the good player was going to a private school next year.

Besides, Sycamore has 5 good players coming from the middle school, where they are a lock for the conference championship.

I will give you sycamore having 5 good players coming up (bliss twins mostly). But middle school and high school are totally different. If you think about it 4 years ago when Mandy was in 8th grade she never beat sycamore, sycamore was STACKED, unbeatable, it was about 5 or 6 good players from sycamore up against 2 players from Harpeth MAndy and Salem. And if I recall correctly Mandy in High school hasnt lost to sycamore yet. And like they said in post earlier, Hailey Felker is the real deal, in high school she will be practically unstoppable just like mandy. :P